Gaming Fire Emblem or Monster Hunter 3?

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm assuming this is joke...seriously Fire Emblem...what more could you want with SpotPass, except more than the damn limit of 20 characters from DLC and SpotPass.

Reactions: gamefan5
D

Deleted-188346

They're totally different games in totally different genres.
But I prefer Monster Hunter.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fire Emblem has been totaly fair for me on hard mode/classic at least. No crits everywhere like posted above.
I'm assuming this is joke...seriously Fire Emblem...what more could you want with SpotPass, except more than the damn limit of 20 characters from DLC and SpotPass.
WHAAAATTTT
that's lame. I eventually wanted to recruit everyone. >:c
Though I guess we can always re-summon everyone if we need them again.

Taint

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you aren't into anime stuff, I would avoid Fire Emblem.

It was a fun game and the strategy gameplay and item upgrades were cool, but I really couldn't give two shits about the story at all. After about the first hour of gameplay I started to fast forward all dialoge and skip all the cutscenes as I really didn't find any aspects of it interesting. I sold it on ebay for $15 more than I paid for it, and I'm glad I did. Shadow Wars on 3DS is a similar style game, without the Japanese/RPG/Fantasy bullshit, if thats the kind of game you are looking for.

Last edited by Taint,

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If you aren't into faggy anime stuff, I would avoid Fire Emblem.

It was a fun game and the strategy gameplay and item upgrades were cool, but I really couldn't give two shits about the story at all. After about the first hour of gameplay I started to fast forward all dialoge and skip all the cutscenes as I really didn't find any aspects of it interesting. I sold it on ebay for $15 more than I paid for it, and I'm glad I did. Shadow Wars on 3DS is a similar style game, without the Japanese/RPG/Fantasy bullshit, if thats the kind of game you are looking for.

Shadow Wars is a good game, sure... But pretty much all games in the Fire Emblem series have been great games, better than Shadow Wars for that matter IMHO, Fire Emblem is a long running series from Nintendo, older than Pokemon even, dating to the NES days.
A lot of people who bought the game were expecting anime graphics since the cover also has them, one of the major selling points from Fire Emblem games is actually the story TBH, not to mention the RPG/Fantasy bullshit you said is what it a Fire Emblem game.
Also, the faggy part is quite rude by the way...

On topic though, I've already given my opinion regarding which one to buy, although you should eventually buy both, Fire Emblem is the one you must get first (especially since it's already out over there).

Andim

Trophies
XP
Country
imo having no online on this version of the game is a crime against gaming
Oh I know, man. I nearly vomited last time I tried to play Freedom, Freedom 2, Freedom unite, or Portable 3rd.
Protip: No handheld Monster Hunter has ever had online. MH4 will be the first.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Oh I know, man. I nearly vomited last time I tried to play Freedom, Freedom 2, Freedom unite, or Portable 3rd.

Well, in Japan local play is more common than online, and it's actually better to play with local than online... Unfortunately in the west that logic doesn't work so well since people tend to play games alone or their friends don't even own a gamming system. >.>

Andim

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, in Japan local play is more common than online, and it's actually better to play with local than online... Unfortunately in the west that logic doesn't work so well since people tend to play games alone or their friends don't even own a gamming system. >.>
Relevance? By this logic only Dos for PS2 and Tri for Wii have been worthwhile MH games. Everything else is "a crime".
Fire Emblem doesn't have online either so I don't get why it was even mentioned. Unless the Wii U version of MH3U is factoring into the equation.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Relevance? By this logic only Dos for PS2 and Tri for Wii have been worthwhile MH games. Everything else is "a crime".
Fire Emblem doesn't have online either so I don't get why it was even mentioned. Unless the Wii U version of MH3U is factoring into the equation.

I was just explaining it, to me it doesn't matter if the games have online or not. I prefer to play alone than online. And I didn't even mention Fire Emblem...

Andim

Trophies
XP
Country
And I didn't even mention Fire Emblem...
I thought it was relevant. Dunno why.
PBmQMom.jpg

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country

Dont give me that, the PSP had a rediculously limited ammount of games that actually worked online and this was when playing online on handhelds was only just getting popular. The 3DS is a new generation console and one that has obviously put a lot of thought into its rolling internet connection. Its not unreasonable to expect that it should also include online play from a game of this type.

Also before its pointed out, id like to clarify that im sure its still a great game to play single player but when other games in the series have implemented online play so well and made it one of the biggest appeals of the game. You should not leave it out on a handheld console that is probably the best suited to handle it.

Andim

Trophies
XP
Country
Dont give me that, the PSP had a rediculously limited ammount of games that actually worked online and this was when playing online on handhelds was only just getting popular. The 3DS is a new generation console and one that has obviously put a lot of thought into its rolling internet connection. Its not unreasonable to expect that it should also include online play from a game of this type.

Also before its pointed out, id like to clarify that im sure its still a great game to play single player but when other games in the series have implemented online play so well and made it one of the biggest appeals of the game. You should not leave it out on a handheld console that is probably the best suited to handle it.
Tri is basically the only game in the series to have a commendable online mode. I still don't understand how this makes an offline Monster Hunter "a crime", especially when the game its self is fourteen months old.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Tri is basically the only game in the series to have a commendable online mode. I still don't understand how this makes an offline Monster Hunter "a crime", especially when the game its self is fourteen months old.

Ok then, i take back me saying it was a crime. I still think fire emblem is the better choice.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I think Fire Emblem is crushingly good, but hey, Monster Hunter is its own addiction. That being said, if you can find a hardcopy of Awakening, I'd nab it now while you can. That thing is gonna be worth some dough. It sold out here in the States pretty fast, and people are already paying a premium for it above the MSRP. It's a fantastic game. I think I've got about 120 hours in already (midway through my second playthrough). Ridiculous, I know. :gba:

Reactions: chavosaur

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.