Fire Emblem Fates Polyamory Patch (WIP)

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Ningyoplug, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Ningyoplug
    OP

Ningyoplug GBAtemp Regular

Mar 10, 2016
    Italy
    Gayland
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

First of all, hello! I'm Ningyo and I'm pretty new to game hacking, but I'm doing my best to learn. Also, this is the first thread I open here so please be patient with me!

Have you ever wanted to marry multiple characters in your FE:Fates game? Well, now you can!

This is my Poly Fates patch, which should allow you to S-support multiple characters instead of just one. I used UnassumingVenusaur's Gay Fates patch as a base for this patch, so all the additional supports included in her patch are also included in this one.

Mind you, it is not perfect, but it's what I managed to achieve so far.

Pros:
    • You can marry multiple characters
    • You get the children of the characters you marry
      (NOTE: in case of same-sex couples, you'll have to hex edit as usual to get the children, though)
    • Several additional same-sex and straight supports
    Cons:
    • You don't get any S-support dialogue; two characters get married as soon as they reach A support.

Downloads

Latest release:
    v0.1.0
    • Updated to version 0.4.1 of the Gay Fates patch.
    • Turned all platonic supports into romantic supports except for parent/child supports and 2nd gen siblings supports.
      NOTE: 1st gen siblings CAN get married (example: Leon/Camilla). If you don't want that to happen, don't get them to A support!

Older releases:
    Beta version

How to install:

You can install it via HANS or NTR CFW.
    Just install UnassumingVenusaur's Gay Fates patch, then replace the GameData.bin.lz in the Gay Fates files with this GameData.bin.lz.

I need people to test it, so let me know if there are any problems!

Coming soon:
    • All Paralogues Unlocked gamedata.bin (automatically unlocks all child paralogues, so that you won't have to hex edit to get kids from same-sex couples. however, kids who are siblings won't be recognized as such by the game)

Some questions you might have:

Who appears in My Room?

I have no idea how the game chooses who appears in My Room.

So if I marry all the characters to Kamui, all the children will be my children?

Yup!

That's all for now. Please let me know if you notice any bugs.

Last edited by Ningyoplug, Aug 12, 2016

2. MsMidnight

MsMidnight part time fe modder

Oct 12, 2015
    kys
    awesome! will try out :)

3. GermanTacos

GermanTacos Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2015
    United States
    West Virginia
    Is there a version without the extra supports anywhere?

4. Ningyoplug
    OP

Mar 10, 2016
    Italy
    Gayland
    No, but now that I think about it I should probably make one. Expect one soon.

5. FrozenDragon150

FrozenDragon150 Notorious Coffee Drinker

Nov 6, 2014
    Venezuela
    Omg could you make a standalone gamedata.bin with only the children unlocked?! :o

6. frogboy

frogboy lacking both style and grace

Dec 6, 2011
    United States
    damn. was looking for a quick way to get all mu s-supports.

back to save-scumming i go!

7. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Can I have a 3-way lesbian relationship?

8. Ningyoplug
    OP

Mar 10, 2016
    Italy
    Gayland
    You definitely can! c:

9. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Shut up and take my download!

10. foreveryang

foreveryang GBAtemp Fan

Oct 8, 2015
    United States
    wait how do the childrens work? like what do they inherit, the first mom/dad's skills/hair color? also kamui would have the c-a support with all the children if they are kamui's? lol

11. Ningyoplug
    OP

Mar 10, 2016
    Italy
    Gayland
    I have no idea honestly lol, I still need to test all this stuff. I'm probably going to make a new save file soon to test all this.
    And yes, I guess they have the c-a support with all the kids.

12. cokacommando

cokacommando GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2015
    United States
    Yorktown, New York
    I don't know if this is because of the patch of the save editor I'm using, but when Sakura reclasses or promotes, she can only use staves. Her other weapon options aren't there and she can't be equipped with anything else. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

13. Ningyoplug
    OP

Mar 10, 2016
    Italy
    Gayland
    Hmm. Thanks for the feedback, though i think it's probably because of the save editor, since i haven't touched anything about the weapons. Is anyone else having this problem?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

You can find one in UnassumingVenusaur's Gay Fates patch.

Or do you mean a gamedata.bin with all the children unlocked + polyamory option? In that case, I'm going to make one soon.

14. tiduscrying

tiduscrying that butt...

Jun 12, 2012
    United States
    HELL
    Holy crap... This is awesome! I had the hardest time choosing between girls, but now... oh man... Thanks so much for this!

15. Fureshyu

Fureshyu GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2015
    United States
    Is this still being developed?

16. rikudawn

rikudawn Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2015
    United States
    I'm curious too because it says you wanted to add the ability for anybody to marry anybody else and that's something I want. I've figured out how to edit existing supports and I've done it without any trouble. And I followed your tutorial on how to add completely new support options but every time I try doing it, the game will just fail to start up after trying to add new support options.

Last edited by rikudawn, Jun 4, 2016
  17. Doomsy

Doomsy Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2016
    United States
    You have to make sure you do the following:

1) Make sure you add the support option for BOTH characters (If I want to have Ryoma x Kaze, I have to put the support under Kaze's table AND Ryoma's table)
    2) Make sure you change the 3rd byte in the table to show many supports there are (so if you're adding one support to Ryoma's table and the 3rd byte in Ryoma's table is currently 33, make it 34)
    3) Make sure in the 12 byte's you're inserting for the actual support that you add 1 to the 3rd byte from the previous support in the table (the 3rd byte shows which support it is in the table, so if the last 12-byte support line has the 3rd byte as 32, you need to make the 12-byte support line you're inserting have the 3rd byte as 33).
    4) Use the Gay Fates hack as a base. The reason for this is because the hack adds a ton of free space so you can add supports without destroying any of the game's other pointers. Only overwrite the FF FF space, and do NOT paste insert it unless you have the amount of bytes you're adding highlighted.

If you do those four things, if you're only adding a few supports (aka you don't run out of FF space at the end of a support table), you should be fine.

18. rikudawn

rikudawn Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2015
    United States
    That was it. I knew I did everything else perfectly. Thanks.

19. scorcher9009

scorcher9009 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2016
    United States
    So like, everyone being able to marry everyone? Does that include incest? o3o
    Cuz if it does, that gives me all the more reason to use this patch. XD
    Laslow X Soleil here I come Kappa

Last edited by scorcher9009, May 20, 2017
  20. ValiantChan

ValiantChan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 24, 2016
    Hong Kong
    Parent/child supports are auto generated and thus cannot be edited to have an S support option. Same goes for 2nd gen sibling supports.