ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates Expanded Same-Sex Marriage Patch [WIP]

UnassumingVenusaur

In All Her Gay Glory
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made an account here so I wouldn't have to keep being annoying with asks. (Also yay for Effie/Elise S support!!)

I saw a couple of posts back that installing the patch would corrupt or erase any save file I might currently have. Which is totally fine with me, I haven't moved past chapter 12 yet. But I was wondering, will my file erase or become corrupt each time I update for new patches? I'm gonna patiently wait until I can marry Camilla!
It won't corrupt your save! But it's best to start on a new dile, because it will mess up who has support points with who.

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
hm, weird. I downloaded the latest patch and edited Azura's gender byte to male saved but it won't load the game with the patch on. I always get "An error has occurred, please turn of the 3ds" when starting...

I opened the gamedata file on HxD and saved it after editing, then pasted it on my sd card. I wonder if I missed something... ah wow I'm an idiot.
There was a process I didn't follow.. reading now XD

If I'm using NTR plugin, do I need to dump the romfs still??

Last edited by Nirmonculus,

UnassumingVenusaur

In All Her Gay Glory
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hm, weird. I downloaded the latest patch and edited Azura's gender byte to male saved but it won't load the game with the patch on. I always get "An error has occurred, please turn of the 3ds" when starting...

I opened the gamedata file on HxD and saved it after editing, then pasted it on my sd card. I wonder if I missed something... ah wow I'm an idiot.
There was a process I didn't follow.. reading now XD

If I'm using NTR plugin, do I need to dump the romfs still??
Try the gamedata.bin.lz in here and see if that works. If it does, could you possibly try to find the difference between it and the file you made?

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
Try the gamedata.bin.lz in here and see if that works. If it does, could you possibly try to find the difference between it and the file you made?
I'll try to check, I followed the instructions over on tumblr except for dumping the romfs... because I'm using NTR plugin. Still the same error.
In anycase, I'll try the file you sent. :B

UPDATE: Wow that worked. hmm difference between yours and the one I made, I noticed that my file is only 93 kb while yours is 95. I'll check the hxd difference then.

Although I changed the byte gender to 00, after compression it changed to 75?
Yours is 08 when I checked Azura's offset.

Last edited by Nirmonculus,

Ningyoplug

Trophies
Website
ningyo.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Italy
Ahh this project is amazing!! I can't wait for support conversations for Zero/Leon, Leon/Takumi, Elise/Sakura and Marx/Ryouma!! ♥ (they're some of the most wanted pairings)

Oh and, I wanted to ask one thing! All these support options that were added in... do they all work, but with no conversation? Or will they not work until they get a conversation? Thanks!

Ps: i'd love to help with writing the dialogues, if you want! I dont know how edit a rom, but i could write some support dialogues so that you can add supports more quickly by just copy-pasting them :>

Last edited by Ningyoplug,

UnassumingVenusaur

In All Her Gay Glory
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try to check, I followed the instructions over on tumblr except for dumping the romfs... because I'm using NTR plugin. Still the same error.
In anycase, I'll try the file you sent. :B

UPDATE: Wow that worked. hmm difference between yours and the one I made, I noticed that my file is only 93 kb while yours is 95. I'll check the hxd difference then.

Although I changed the byte gender to 00, after compression it changed to 75?
Yours is 08 when I checked Azura's offset.

Could you possibly send me the file you made, by any chance?

Ahh this project is amazing!! I can't wait for support conversations for Zero/Leon, Leon/Takumi, Elise/Sakura and Marx/Ryouma!! ♥ (they're some of the most wanted pairings)

Oh and, I wanted to ask one thing! All these support options that were added in... do they all work, but with no conversation? Or will they not work until they get a conversation? Thanks!

Ps: i'd love to help with writing the dialogues, if you want! I dont know how edit a rom, but i could write some support dialogues so that you can add supports more quickly by just copy-pasting them :>

They work, it's just that no convos load up. It skips to "X and Y reached support level Z." If you want to try writing convos, please feel free! Just run by me which one you want to write, though, since most of the ones you mentioned are taken.

Ningyoplug

Trophies
Website
ningyo.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Italy
If you want to try writing convos, please feel free! Just run by me which one you want to write, though, since most of the ones you mentioned are taken.
Ah, that's such a shame, I've already started writing the Zero/Leon support... is it okay if i send it to you anyway, or would you rather wait for the other person?
Also, which ones of the ones I mentioned aren't taken? :> So i can start focusing on them.

UnassumingVenusaur

In All Her Gay Glory
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, that's such a shame, I've already started writing the Zero/Leon support... is it okay if i send it to you anyway, or would you rather wait for the other person?
Also, which ones of the ones I mentioned aren't taken? :> So i can start focusing on them.
Well, someone I'm working with actually already sent me a completed Niles x Leo S Support. He already asked if he could do Leo x Takumi, and I'm not sure if he wanted to do Ryoma x Xander as well, I'd have to ask. And in terms of Sakura x Elise... I kind of wanted to write that myself :P Fluffy tiny lesbians are so fun to write.

Reactions: Nirmonculus

Ningyoplug

Trophies
Website
ningyo.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Italy
Well, someone I'm working with actually already sent me a completed Niles x Leo S Support. He already asked if he could do Leo x Takumi, and I'm not sure if he wanted to do Ryoma x Xander as well, I'd have to ask. And in terms of Sakura x Elise... I kind of wanted to write that myself :P Fluffy tiny lesbians are so fun to write.
Ahhh i see, i see! I'll just have to wait then, hehe. Thanks so much for all the work you guys are doing! ^^

milk275

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you taking submissions for the Camilla/f Kamui support? I wrote up a rough one for fun after a friends suggestion. It's pretty close to Camilla's JP characterization though.. So I'm not sure if that's acceptable.

UnassumingVenusaur

In All Her Gay Glory
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you taking submissions for the Camilla/f Kamui support? I wrote up a rough one for fun after a friends suggestion. It's pretty close to Camilla's JP characterization though.. So I'm not sure if that's acceptable.
Well, I certainly don't have a unique s support for them yet, i had planned on just copy/pasting over the localized m!corrin one. And I'm certainly not familiar with the nuances of Camilla's character yet, so I can't really evalutate if it's in-character or not. You can certainly send me the script though!

UnassumingVenusaur

In All Her Gay Glory
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahhh i see, i see! I'll just have to wait then, hehe. Thanks so much for all the work you guys are doing! ^^
So, he says that you can write the Ryomarx one! He was wondering if you were okay with him editing it after you were done?

Also, I added Kaze, Benny, Arthur, Fuga, and Gunter to the list of character offsets.

foreveryang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who's the earliest child-baring partner you can have in birthright?

Felicia/Joker

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This is my main problem with this patch.

I would never download something for same sex marriages in the first place, but this irks me. It just feels cheaty and stupid.

??? ok another new person to ignore thanks

Ningyoplug

Trophies
Website
ningyo.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Italy
This is my main problem with this patch.

I would never download something for same sex marriages in the first place, but this irks me. It just feels cheaty and stupid.
Ah yes, because adding in something completely realistic such as same-sex options and gay people being able to have kids is totally stupid. It's not as if gay couples can get kids through adoption, surrogate mothers, one of them being trans, etcetera. But yeah, i guess it's totally less realistic than people being able to turn into dragons, wolves and foxes, isn't it. Sorry to hear that the portrayal of our existences in games irks you so much.

So, he says that you can write the Ryomarx one! He was wondering if you were okay with him editing it after you were done?
Sure, I can try! I can't promise anything though, so if someone else submits a Ryomarx support before me that's totally fine. And sure, of course it's ok if he edits it!

Reactions: that girl

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The same sex characters in the video games are awesome. Its about time for same sex people to enjoy themselves and feel so welcome. They deserve it. It is not a preference sex.. A same sex is born that way and not a choice. The same for the heterosexual is born that way and not a choice either. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1