ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest Character Recruitment Swap

guedesbrawl

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hmm... the tutorial says somethign about it being a way for people without gateway to enjoy patches and etc... but i have gateway.

guedesbrawl

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, sorry for bothering you with this again, but i have four questions.

First: This is ore out of curiosity. When i get this hack running i'll begin playing on Lunatic. So... it will take a while before i actually get to chapter 12 to check it out myself, but you said Rinkah's stat matches her enemy stats? So this means she gets "hard mode" bonuses from Normal->Hard (and starts with an extra rank in Axes in Lunatic)? or are her stats set to match Hard mode's Rinkah one whatever difficulty, like the rinkah from your video?

Really glad you did it like that tho. Kaze requires giving most of the C4/c5 kills to be viable later, and Rinkah would need the same except giving her ANY kills in C5 is not easy at all.

Second: Onto more pressing matters. Since the HBL cia got released recently i used that to have access to HANS. Then i found this tutorial here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-scripts-usage-of-hans.401072/

Since your download pack already had a romfs folder assumed steps 1->5 were useless to me and just went from 6+. But when I try loading Fates from Hans, while selecting "yes" in the romfs option, simply nothing happens. Black Screen for over ten minutes. What am i missing here?

Third: This hack sadly seems to have gone under the radar... but is there a chance i can convince you to change a little thing? I know the hack was meant to switch each character for a "counterpart'... but, uh, the difference between Team Camilla and Team hinoka in chapter 10 is staggering. Chapter 7 and 8 seem bad enough because Team Sakura does not have the durability of Team Elise and Team Takumi is far from the anti-magic units you get from team Leo... but well. I think Reina and Hinoka swapped would even things out a little, because Azama contributes very, very little in a no-DLC run, whereas all 3 people fo Team Camilla help a lot. Setsuna can't fly but she has anti-pegasus use to make up for it on that map at least... but Hinoka is horribly outclassed by Camilla and can't fill the same roles (she can't fight Onis nowhere as well, doesn't have a winning match-up on Ninjas and Spearmen, and might not even be able to ORKO paired pegasus knights).

I think some of these problems might be fixed by swapping Hinoka and Reina. So, not only Hinoka starts unpromoted like she did in BR (and vice-versa for Reina), but we get a very capable flying unit for chapter 10 as well.

(...and then i won't have to break m self-imposed restriction of no prepromotes/no reclass/no dlc like i had to do in Lunatic CQ23 by using two dragon herbs on Camilla to use her there, because that map was f'ing impossible without a flier DV user that isn't constantly needed on the frontlines. Though I think maybe Bolt axe!Rinkah would let me do that map "legit", i fear i might need to actually use Bowzu [prepromotes are okay if they join on that chapter, for me anyways])

Fourth: This doesn't have anything to do with this hack, but with another. I've been mulling over a balance patch for birthright for a while now. once college dies down in a couple weeks i'll bring my ideas to Gamefaqs to fine tune the modifications and... well. I (obviously) have no experience with Hacking. Would you be willing to use the changes for a balance patch, possibly incorporating it with the "Conquest-style Lunatic BR" you were working on a while ago (...that WAS you, wasn't it?). I so far plan on bringing people closer to A/B tiers of usefulness (So, nerfing people like Ryoma, Scarlet and ninjas/Buffing people like rinkah, Subaki and Hinata to match people like Silas or Sakura).

My idea is to ONLY modificate growths, base stats and inventory of the characters (and reclass options in a couple cases), while leaving everything else as it is, btw. The only things i'm considering changing outside of that would be Oni Savage/chief's skill cap and giving kitsune/9-tails a MOV+1.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
The romfs is crashing because I did not include a full romfs, you're supposed to dump your own romfs, extract it, overwrite the files on your romfs with the ones I provided, rebuild it, and then use that.

And as it is, the hack is very playable on Lunatic without grinding/dlc/castle items, Chapter 10 might be more difficult, but it's far from impossible.

QTurtle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I just downloaded this hack 4 days ago. Loving it so far. Just got to chapter 15 and Scarlet; however, the game crashes after the cut scene before going into the map. Is there any way to fix this? Thank you.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Hello. I just downloaded this hack 4 days ago. Loving it so far. Just got to chapter 15 and Scarlet; however, the game crashes after the cut scene before going into the map. Is there any way to fix this? Thank you.
That's very odd and should definitely not happen, I'll give it a quick look.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Updated to fix this!

There was a problem with Scarlet's new block, so for now I decided to make her use her BR Block for the time being (this also means that as a result she no longer has enough rank to use the Steel Lance she joins with, I'll update once I get Scarlet's new block working again).

Anyways, here's the new link (Link in OP was updated too)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uszwe3gk7kwkkpe/CharSwap.7z?dl=1

Reactions: QTurtle

QTurtle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated to fix this!

There was a problem with Scarlet's new block, so for now I decided to make her use her BR Block for the time being (this also means that as a result she no longer has enough rank to use the Steel Lance she joins with, I'll update once I get Scarlet's new block working again).

Anyways, here's the new link (Link in OP was updated too)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uszwe3gk7kwkkpe/CharSwap.7z?dl=1

Thank you for the swift solution! So what will her weapon ranks be when she joins?

guedesbrawl

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you for your work in the other site! It finally worked for me!

...but, uh, why are the characters not hoshdian for Chapter 5? you really gave me a scare there! i thought it had't worked.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Thank you for your work in the other site! It finally worked for me!

...but, uh, why are the characters not hoshdian for Chapter 5? you really gave me a scare there! i thought it had't worked.
This only starts working after the route split, so basically, you just want to Branch of Fate and start from there, since the changes start from chapter 7 onwards.

And I've never really built a CIA before this, but sometimes I get tired of dealing with NTR (and no reset) so it finally drove me to try it out, and I guess it turned out fine.

guedesbrawl

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i meant chapter 6 there, sorry. But yeah, it's not a big deal. Not like Sakura or anyone else besides Corrin + Servant 1 would have gotten EXP from Chapter 6.

it's going to be so fun figuring out how to do those maps again in Lunatic! i just got through Chapter 7 today, and it was pretty close.

guedesbrawl

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@DeathChaos25

There is no way to open the chests in Chapter 11! Are...we going to get the Enfeeble and Spirit Dust somewhere else? I did see an enfeeble in Sakura's inventory on your C12 video...

guedesbrawl

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
both Rinkah and Kaze should have keydrops...
That's weird... i looked all over my character's inventories (after killing both) and saw nothing. Did it more than once

But then again I probably have some sort of attention deficiency because these kinds of mess ups with me are unhealthily common (Like, i failed a subject at college because i looked over a list with 15 elements about 5 times and didn't see the one i needed, even though i was specifically looking out for it).

I will check it out and if they don't have it i'll post again. If my units do have the keys i'll just walk away in shame, while i'll drop an apology in advance here just in case.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
That's weird... i looked all over my character's inventories (after killing both) and saw nothing. Did it more than once

But then again I probably have some sort of attention deficiency because these kinds of mess ups with me are unhealthily common (Like, i failed a subject at college because i looked over a list with 15 elements about 5 times and didn't see the one i needed, even though i was specifically looking out for it).

I will check it out and if they don't have it i'll post again. If my units do have the keys i'll just walk away in shame, while i'll drop an apology in advance here just in case.
If it turns out they don't have keydrops let me know, because they definitely should, as without them the player would be unable to grab any of the chests.

guedesbrawl

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yup, they do not have the keys.

Perhaps it is an issue with the CIA version of the patch?

(just as a couple asides: Because some units start with hoshidan weapons that can't be bought in the shop, there is less money available to the player when you consider forging is better than buying steel/silvers, so it might be interesting to put a gold bar into the inventory of one of the early recruits. The monetary deficit evens out a bit after chapter 10 because of the festals, but i'm sure that Saizo/Orochi/Reina/Kagero also join with unforgeable Hoshidan weapons.)

Also, Monkey Spirit vs Horse Spirit. The only thing you get out of MS is +5 Hit and the blasted thing can't even be sold. I think Rat Spirit would've been a better choice

...I see a couple issues with the balance elsewhere, like in Hana and Team Hinoka as a whole, but meh. You still did a great job!)

Last edited by guedesbrawl,

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Yup, they do not have the keys.

Perhaps it is an issue with the CIA version of the patch?

(just as a couple asides: Because some units start with hoshidan weapons that can't be bought in the shop, there is less money available to the player when you consider forging is better than buying steel/silvers, so it might be interesting to put a gold bar into the inventory of one of the early recruits. The monetary deficit evens out a bit after chapter 10 because of the festals, but i'm sure that Saizo/Orochi/Reina/Kagero also join with unforgeable Hoshidan weapons.)

Also, Monkey Spirit vs Horse Spirit. The only thing you get out of MS is +5 Hit and the blasted thing can't even be sold. I think Rat Spirit would've been a better choice

...I see a couple issues with the balance elsewhere, like in Hana and Team Hinoka as a whole, but meh. You still did a great job!)
Well, for now, I apologize for the inconvenience, my advice for now would be to save in the deployment screen, export your save, and give yourself 2 keys via FEFTwiddler, I'll look into fixing the issue.

I also need to fix Scarlet (for like the 3rd time), and make a few small adjustments to Hinoka since she really doesn't even have equal footing with Camilla (Camilla is actually a 20/1 prepromote statwise, while Hinoka in this hack is only 15/1)

guedesbrawl

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
IMO, as long as Hinoka joins locked to 1-range and is locked to STR she will never be anywhere close to what Camilla is even if we just think of Chapter 10 with no trades for better equipment. In other words, she is desperately begging you to give her a Bolt Naginata so that she can fight Onis, have range, and not be practically made useless if she ever faces Oboro in the map and doesn't kill her in the same phase.

I mean, it is nice that you gave her (and the player in general) a second Sun Festal. but hinoka will be so busy trying to make up for the lack of power+defense of team hoshido that she simply won't have the time to heal.

...just in case you are interested in overall cast, what i've noticed about the other units so far:

Hana needed a single extra point of SPD to be even worth using as more than a pair-up bot in C7 since her damage output depends on double attacks, She will undobtedly fall-off later anyways because of her frailty, but this at least gives incentive to use her.

Subaki has a shaky STr growth by himself, but he will need to meet a certain threshold of STr to ORKO fliers with Iron Naginata. since that weapon's mere presence makes forging (the alternative) more expensive, i'd consider giving him one single pointof extra STR. This is factoring tonics, btw, on the 80% chance the palyer doesn't starts with Meat or fails to get the expected STr for the level

You should have swapped Setsuna and Azama around. Quick Draw makes Setsuna viable. Azama doesn't really get a lot out of a single level up--i coudl see an early promotion to have him actually be able to contribute more than once in a blue moon during C10, but that kind of thing is generally a bad idea. (Major props for making Setsuna join with a Brass Bow, not only to fix her accuracy but to make reclassing Azama ASAP more viable)

I already said my piece about Hayato/Hinoka, and the other characters really seem fine.

I guess i'll stop this for now and focus on my default run of CQ!Luna for a while...

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Are you 100% sure that Rinkah and Kaze do not contain a chest key drop?

Just used the NTR Version, checked them, they had the drop, also checked the prepatched CIA, the drop was there too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Nobody is reading what you post.