"and when the world needed him the most, he disappeared..."
🤣This is our situation right now guys.

MikePrime13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have been researching on how to create a 60 FPS mod, and I now appreciate the challenge of a perfect 60 FPS speed mod:

(a) First, you have to find the setting to crank the FPS from 30 FPS to 60 FPS (or faster).

(b) Once you do, you then will need to go through the game and fix every single error you encounter as a result of the FPS boost, either at the memory level, or at the text parameter level. Issues include animation speeds, running speeds, in-game physics, audio/video sync, and more.

(c) Assuming this gets done, when the game updates, in theory you'll simply need to update the memory addresses for each tweak and call it a day. In an article I found at Cheat Slips, Edizon has a feature where if you run a cheat that does not work, it may automatically try to update the memory addresses if you have the prior memory address locations (i.e. from 1.2). I don't have a modded switch so I cannot test this theory.

Against this backdrop, I've been trying to figure out from my end how to add/create cheats without a modded switch. So far, I found a tutorial at Game Banana (they have fantastic mods for FE Engage there that is lifechanging and improves the gameplay by A MILE) on how to dump the game files, and export the files into editable text. I was able to update the 9999 arena limit myself, and some of the mods are more stable because as long as they are not part of the game update, you do not need to update the mod (i.e. the fishing mod or certain skin mods).

Few challenges I have encountered:
(a) I have zero experience with Unity, so I am not familiar where certain files go. I was able to guesstimate certain parameters being in certain files based on observing other people's mods, and figuring out what values they changed to achieve the results in their mod. If someone can figure out the files/lines for the FPS limit/cap, that would be a good start.

(b) Many of the values/variables are written in Japanese -- most of them have English translations, but many of the variables were left in katakana. As such, it is hard to run a search term function unless I go through line by line using google translate, and even there it's not precise.

My solution right now is to run the game on emulator capped at 48 FPS -- it's a sweet spot between a smoother experience, but the speeding up is not too pronounced -- this is what I did until systemdev released the 60 fps mod.

triv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi OP, I don't mean to hijack this thread but I found 60 fps pchtxt patch for FEE 1.3.0.

I already tested it working after I converted it into an IPS patch. I'm sharing it here for people who needs it. Please let me know if this is not allowed.

But here it is. See attached. Just extract this on the root of your SD Card.

This is the 60fps mod for 1.3.0 with menu fix.

Credits to the Ryujinx mod channel specifically Zeusiota who made this mod. Zeusiota based the 1.3.0 pchtxt mod from systemdev's work as well. That's where I got the pchtxt mod. I just converted it to IPS so that it would work on a modded Switch.

Disclaimer: Use the mod at your own risk. I provided instructions on how to install it. It worked on my Switch on HOS 16 with AMS 15 pre-release. The mod is not my doing, I just converted it to IPS. Proper credits are above.

EDIT: I'm attaching the source pchtxt file for those who want to use it on emulators.

Attachments

• FEE_60fps_130_IPS.zip
    751 bytes · Views: 90
  • [Emulator]_Fire_Emblem_Engage_1.3.0_-_Force_60FPS.zip
    896 bytes · Views: 117
Last edited by triv,

MZA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
Hi OP, I don't mean to hijack this thread but I found 60 fps pchtxt patch for FEE 1.3.0.

I already tested it working after I converted it into an IPS patch. I'm sharing it here for people who needs it. Please let me know if this is not allowed.

Credits to the Ryujinx mod channel specifically Zeusiota who made this mod. Zeusiota based the 1.3.0 pchtxt mod from systemdev's work as well. That's where I got the pchtxt mod. I just converted it to IPS so that it would work on a modded Switch.

Disclaimer: Use the mod at your own risk. I provided instructions on how to install it. It worked on my Switch on HOS 16 with AMS 15 pre-release. The mod is not my doing, I just converted it to IPS. Proper credits are above.
Does it work on Ryujinx ? Or it's exclusive for Modded Switch ?

triv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Does it work on Ryujinx ? Or it's exclusive for Modded Switch ?
This IPS mod should work on both Yuzu and Ryujinx as well. Those emulators support multiple mod format. While the switch only supports IPS. That's the only reason I had to convert this to IPS.

If you want to use this on either Yuzu or Ryujunx, just copy the Force 60 FPS [1.3.0] folder and put it in the mod folder of your game in Ryujinx or Yuzu.

Reactions: Eltnum

MZA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
This IPS mod should work on both Yuzu and Ryujinx as well. Those emulators support multiple mod format. While the switch only supports IPS. That's the only reason I had to convert this to IPS.

If you want to use this on either Yuzu or Ryujunx, just copy the Force 60 FPS [1.3.0] folder and put it in the mod folder of your game in Ryujinx or Yuzu.
Thanks man, I'm gonna try it later.

nerdpharo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you want to use this on either Yuzu or Ryujunx, just copy the Force 60 FPS [1.3.0] folder and put it in the mod folder of your game

nvm just change the folder name to exefs so it can show

Last edited by nerdpharo,

triv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
To make it easier for those who want to use the mod in an emulator, I've attached the pchtxt file in my last comment. Just drop the contents of that package into the mod folder of your game in Yuzu or Ryujinx.

Last edited by triv,

vdgamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To make it easier for those who want to use the mod in an emulator, I've attached the pchtxt file in my last comment. Just drop the contents of that package into the mod folder of your game in Yuzu or Ryujinx.
Not sure what im doing wrong but I just get unlocked fps. I placed "Force 60FPS [v1.3.0]/exefs/Force 60FPS [v1.3.0].pchtxt" into mods directory by right clicking game in Ryujinx and selecting "open mod directory". Using Ryujinx 1.1.651, System version 15.0.1

triv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Not sure what im doing wrong but I just get unlocked fps. I placed "Force 60FPS [v1.3.0]/exefs/Force 60FPS [v1.3.0].pchtxt" into mods directory by right clicking game in Ryujinx and selecting "open mod directory". Using Ryujinx 1.1.651, System version 15.0.1
I don't know about Ryujinx because I only used Yuzu to test. Does Ryujinx have FPS unlock setting? In Yuzu if you hit Ctrl + U you can lock and unlocl FPS. Maybe there's something like that on Ryujinx too?

vdgamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems to be game specific in my case, only FE Engage runs with unlocked fps, other games run at 60 or 30.

Draco436

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone post a tutorial on how to use this mod with other 1.3 mods in ryujinx? it does not work at all for me

triv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
can someone post a tutorial on how to use this mod with other 1.3 mods in ryujinx? it does not work at all for me
These mods just need to be in their own folder. They shouldn't conflict with other mods because they have Title ID and Build ID set for each of them. So it's actually just dropping the content of the package into your game's mod folder. Did you use the [Emulator] package?

gisopgjs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Download [Emulator]_Fire_Emblem_Engage_1.3.0_-_Force_60FPS.zip
Open Ryujinx, right-click on Fire Emblem Engage -> Open Atmosphere Mods Directory
Extract the exefs folder from the 60FPS zip there (it's inside the "Force 60FPS [v1.3.0]" folder)

And then it should work
YzIvHK8.png

Also, not sure if you have to do this but make sure to enable vsync in ryujinx settings and remove any FPS limit you've set in nvidia control panel

I have another mod in a romfs folder and they both work

Reactions: MZA

Zeus Iota

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Download [Emulator]_Fire_Emblem_Engage_1.3.0_-_Force_60FPS.zip
Open Ryujinx, right-click on Fire Emblem Engage -> Open Atmosphere Mods Directory
Extract the exefs folder from the 60FPS zip there (it's inside the "Force 60FPS [v1.3.0]" folder)

And then it should work
View attachment 359641

Also, not sure if you have to do this but make sure to enable vsync in ryujinx settings and remove any FPS limit you've set in nvidia control panel

I have another mod in a romfs folder and they both work
YzIvHK8.png

Video as:

manila99

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

EDIT: I'm attaching the source pchtxt file for those who want to use it on emulators.
Hey do you mind if I share your mod in GameBanana? Of course I'll give you (and anyone else) full credit !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: but well atleast my game tv stick can, @Psionic Roshambo