Hacking Finding Pointers in PSVITACheat Possible?

RikuNoctis

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I know it does not have which is bad. But any way to dump and what tool we can use?
It should be possible with a mem dump. Other tools like rinCheat and gohanMem have dump functions, so you could technically use that and then port your findings to Vitacheat.

Annoying, I know, but it's what we have.

eighthdayregret

fnerrrrrrrrrr!
Trophies
Website
eighthsregrets.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
It is very possible.
Grab raing3's Pointer Searcher, change some settings, and boom! I actually just created some (so far) working pointer codes for VitaCheat using the tool.
Do bear in mind, though, that the tool outputs the codes in CWCheat format, so you'll have to reconfigure them to Vita Cheat format.

Example:
_C0 Generated Code
_L 0x631FF1B4 0x00000063
_L 0x00020001 0x000006DC

would convert to

_V0 Generated Code
$3201 841FF1B4 000006DC
$3300 00000000 00000063

The settings in the TempAR.exe application should be like in the picture:
0liD7f9.png

Make sure to set whether it's an 8-, 16-, or 32-bit value so you get the right offset. You can change the maximum offset, if necessary.
You can also choose tick "Include Negatives," as there are (rare) occasions where your pointer may be after your found code.
If, by chance, your pointer doesn't work, or you get no green results, you're either not using the right address for your search (some values in Vita games are actually 64-bit, rather than 32), then you may be looking at a multi-level pointer.
What you would do then would be to note your first result and offset, then take that result's address and use that as your new search address. Then, if you have to, start over and move to the next initial result.
So, in the example above, the first search would be 844FFE9C, which gives multiple results, but I chose 841FF1B4.
You would then change the search address to 841FF1B4 and remove the address from the second search address box and search again. You would hopefully find a green result in the new results.
Basically, repeat the process, documenting addresses and offsets until you get to the base level pointer.
Complicated, tedious, but not impossible.
I have no idea how to make a 64-bit pointer, however.

Last edited by eighthdayregret,
Reactions: Osmund Neuron

eighthdayregret

fnerrrrrrrrrr!
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
do you add 21000000 to the found pointer base addr?
No. Don't add anything. If you use the "Real Addresses" setting, there's no need to add anything, unless you're porting to like MaiDump version's of games from PSN/NoNPDRM versions.
And you don't want to use the "Generated Code" address. Use the one listed in the results box itself, as shown above.
If you leave "Real Addresses" unchecked, however, you would need to add 81000000 to your result.
So, 0x01A673FB would, in fact, be 82A673FB.
The results actually give you all the information you need: base address and offset. Disregard the "value" part, since this is just the address the pointer is pointing to in that instance, and is therefore useless.Just plug this into the right place in the VitaCheat pointer codetype, and you should be good to go.

Last edited by eighthdayregret,
Reactions: Osmund Neuron

eighthdayregret

fnerrrrrrrrrr!
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
hOGl9Yt
Here is what I found
how to convert to vitacheat pointer format? Any tool that converts or some kind of algorithm ?
wyomzO8.png
No algorithm or anything necessary.
For result #2 (the positive offset), you have your address already. It's a 32-bit code, according your settings, and the offset is listed as well.
So if that were the right result (none of those three are, sadly), the resulting code would be
$3201 813DC430 [your desired value]
$3300 00000000 000003C8

In the first post of this thread, there are links to the manuals for VitaCheat. The Cheat File manual has the available codetypes in it to help out.
Gets rid of a little bit of the guesswork.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!