FInally get one now ... or wait till later ?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Xplic1T, Jun 14, 2015.

  1. Xplic1T
    OP

    Xplic1T GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    173
    55
    May 26, 2006
    Finally thinking it may be time to pull the trigger and get a Wii u only for the reason of keeping it off this latest update.

    What do you guys think ?
     


  2. JustPingo

    JustPingo GBAtemp Fan

    Member
    497
    996
    Jan 11, 2015
    France
    Yeah, buy one, especially for that kernel exploit.
     
  3. Xplic1T
    OP

    Xplic1T GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    173
    55
    May 26, 2006
    I wonder if nintendo's wii u refurbs were updated ... hmmm
     
  4. BullyWiiPlaza

    BullyWiiPlaza Nintendo Hacking <3

    Member
    1,741
    1,418
    Aug 2, 2014
    Germany
    You should wait till something is released and then buy an older Wii U off Amazon or whatever. Make sure to ask about the firmware version first. :P
     
  5. EmceeKerser

    EmceeKerser GBAtemp Maniac

    Member
    1,374
    503
    Jun 3, 2014
    The fuckin' Blue Mountains brah
    I highly doubt that 5.4 will be on any consoles, given it came out a few days ago. Your best bet would be buying it now
     
    TeamScriptKiddies likes this.
  6. Xplic1T
    OP

    Xplic1T GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    173
    55
    May 26, 2006
    Refurbs from Nintendo are 200 + Tax and Shipping ... still seems like too much for me. I'm trying to get one under $175 total ... console is dieing
     
  7. The Real Jdbye

    The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

    Member
    GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

    Our Patreon
    12,088
    5,165
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Latest update didn't patch any exploits, not to worry.
     
  8. Xplic1T
    OP

    Xplic1T GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    173
    55
    May 26, 2006

    I thought the browser exploit was patched ?
     
  9. cvskid

    cvskid GBAtemp Addict

    Member
    2,237
    822
    Apr 13, 2014
    United States
  10. The Real Jdbye

    The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

    Member
    GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

    Our Patreon
    12,088
    5,165
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Antonio Ricardo and cvskid like this.
  11. Xplic1T
    OP

    Xplic1T GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    173
    55
    May 26, 2006
    I believe they will find a way to make it work on 5.4 once this thing is fully flushed out... the question is whether or not it will get to that.
     
  12. mary1517

    mary1517 GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    108
    65
    Sep 14, 2009
    Poland
    So we are actually getting one and it's not only a tease that's not going to be release? :yay:
    Is it still in the development and needs a lot of time or is it something that will be released soon? (not soon™ though)
     
  13. Xplic1T
    OP

    Xplic1T GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    173
    55
    May 26, 2006
    It's speculation at this point. Homebrew will be first and then loaders shortly after to follow.

    I give it another year or two until something substantial is released.
     
  14. The Real Jdbye

    The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

    Member
    GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

    Our Patreon
    12,088
    5,165
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Here's the response I got:
    [​IMG]
     
    cvskid, IronClouds and mary1517 like this.
  15. Antonio Ricardo

    Antonio Ricardo GBAtemp Fan

    Member
    358
    230
    Apr 29, 2013
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    But he talked about kernel exploit/homebrew and still work on 5.4.0, IOSU hykem said do not update because will take time to be ready on 5.4.0 than 5.3.2 and is this people want to know...lol
    Even though IOSU will provide access to piracy they need to have full control/ access to the system and create more possibilities for homebrew scene like for example full acess on the gamepad.
     
    Last edited by Antonio Ricardo, Jun 19, 2015
  16. RustInPeace

    RustInPeace Samurai Cop

    Member
    2,852
    2,173
    Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    With potential Wii U Homebrew, is there a possibility for GC playback? I have the original Wii in a box, and don't want to keep packing and unpacking just to play Gamecube.
     
  17. sj33

    sj33 GBAtemp Addict

    Member
    2,713
    1,717
    Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    You can already play GameCube games on the Wii U using Nintendont.

    I'd get one now. There's no telling if/when the exploits will appear for higher firmwares.
     
  18. EmceeKerser

    EmceeKerser GBAtemp Maniac

    Member
    1,374
    503
    Jun 3, 2014
    The fuckin' Blue Mountains brah
    You can already do that though.
     
  19. Xplic1T
    OP

    Xplic1T GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    173
    55
    May 26, 2006
    Nice thread hijack ...
     
  20. RustInPeace

    RustInPeace Samurai Cop

    Member
    2,852
    2,173
    Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    I can't out of retail discs, that's what I meant.