Finally beat Culex (SMRPG) tonight ... kinda anticlimactic.

Hanafuda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though I was around for the NES and SNES days, I never played Super Mario RPG back then. And I never played it on an emu cuz I never enjoyed emus on a PC enough to justify the time investment. But since I can play SNES on the Wii now with a Classic controller pro, from my sofa, the experience is 'authentic' enough, so first I beat the game along with my 8yo daughter. I enjoyed the game but left a lot undone because she didn't have patience for side quests. So I started a new save of my own, taking a less direct approach to get into some of the extras in the game. Like beating Jinx, and then tonight I went in for Culex. I was hoping for something really special, but the 'quartz charm' he lays on you after winning isn't much worth it. Every accessory I currently have equipped is already superior to Culex's gift. Oh well.

At least now I can say I beat Culex!

Reactions: Deleted User

Wii_Shaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to give you some love since you posted in my topic :P I beat him back in the day. I used to like playing Mario RPG with an SNES Advantage style controller since it had a rapid fire switch. Probably one of the Only RPGs I've actually beaten. SNES really had something special with it's RPGs. I still have my Mario RPG cart with that same save :)

Reactions: Hanafuda

Hanafuda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since posting that I’ve been to Japan on vacation three times, put together a nice collection of (J) Ninty consoles and Everdrive carts for them, and the 8 year old daughter will be turning 17 in a couple months. Wooosh.

Reactions: NoNoNeko

Wii_Shaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since posting that I’ve been to Japan on vacation three times, put together a nice collection of (J) Ninty consoles and Everdrive carts for them, and the 8 year old daughter will be turning 17 in a couple months. Wooosh.
Of everything you've said, I only find the fact that you called Nintendo "Ninty" as an American the strangest thing.

Reactions: Hanafuda

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.