Final Thoughts on the M3i

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by vyperstrike, Apr 12, 2011.

Apr 12, 2011

Final Thoughts on the M3i by vyperstrike at 12:04 AM (1,362 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. vyperstrike
    OP

Newcomer vyperstrike Member

United States
    I bought an M3i Zero (GMP-Z003) last fall, after doing some quick research on flash carts. Not realizing I was reading outdated information, I decided upon the M3i, it seemed to have the most features and reliability. Whoops.

Now, it's not a terrible card, I guess. It works. It just didn't work well. It's slow, especially with my 8gb card. Sleep is broken, which I believe to be a hardware failure. Updates, while better lately, haven't exactly been immediate. And I'm stuck with Sakura/Touchpod, no third party choices for me.

Finally it annoyed me to the point to buy something else. An Acekard, to be exact. It's faster, sleep works flawlessly, and AKAIO updates quite regularly, from what I hear.

GMP-Z003 was a failure. Not supporting third party firmware is a terrible idea. Hell, Acekard embraced AKAIO and don't even bother to update theirs anymore, and I'm not hearing complaints about that. If M3 hopes to rebuild a customer base, they need to fix whatever they did to the Zero. A warranty would be nice too, I like the idea that Acekard is behind their products. The broken sleep in my Zero would have been nice to have replaced.

Good luck to those sticking with M3.

2. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    Lol, I have not been saying the same thing this whole time?

3. vyperstrike
    OP

United States
    Yes, but you were saying it when I just bought the card, so I didn't want to go and scrap it already. I had to suffer for a while first.

Another problem, it sucks at various in game start menus. For example, opening the wifi settings in a game works, but exiting the menu results in a white screen.

4. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    True, I had my M3 Real back when it was great, lol.

Personally I wish they didn't spend months not updating their card just to push out the GMP-Z003 to lock out alternate firmwares. I really wish I knew their big issue with them

5. MaxNuker

Member MaxNuker GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute

Portugal
    maybe if the team can pull a good 3ds cart ( when and if they get hacked) they can revive once again... they literally f**ked up themselfs with the new gmp-z003... the old m3i zero rocks! im using it for over a year... sleep works, rts (barely) and everything else! and i use quad boot by the catboy :B

6. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    Maybe I could take that flashcart off of your hands =D (for free?)

7. vyperstrike
    OP

United States
    Already promised it to a friend. I'll let you know if he winds up upgrading too =P

8. floraluca

Newcomer floraluca Member

France
    i have a m3i zero the orginal but lucky for 3rd party firmware i used to brag about the card and all i do now is curse the m3 team. i went on there forum didn't like what i had to say they took my quote down.