Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took the liberty of removing the biased opinionated words in the title. Hope that's ok with the mods. I don't think it's necessary or suitable in regards to user submitted news to tack on personal opinion and bias. Feel free to express your opinion, but i'd suggest you keep it out of the news post and title (save it for a subsequent post if you must and keep the original clean and unbiased). For professionalism and all.

I wouldn't necessarily peg this as lackluster, but disappointing. At least given what we were lead to believe. I actually somewhat enjoy the original. Not anywhere near my favorite in the series (which is 6 incidentally) but i'd say it's pretty good. So this will at least be as good as the original but with sharper visuals.

i guess lackluster was too harsh i would have better use disappointing i was in hurry while posting this so i was not able to get a better tittle i try to make one of my own and not use the one from the source so i half ass it with lackluster o well next time il do better :3
Putting either lackluster or disappointing in the title or topic would be inappropriate. What i said was that you should remain unbiased and professional when posting news like this. You are free to express an opinion on the matter (lord knows i have and i definitely encourage free speech on personal opinions). But don't do it in the news topic title or the post. Do it in a reply post or something, keep the original clean. That's what i do when i want to say something positive or negative about news.

ok so if use the original tittle i better keep clean ok got it

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering most complaints I've heard (or at least I have) with FFX are about plot and characters, it's certainly something a remake can't fix.

Most people enjoyed the battle system and stuff, some consider one of the best turn based systems around. I can't blame 'em, it's pretty fine. A remake would mean probably significant change to a system that everyone enjoyed while keeping a story no one liked.

My best hope would be redone voice acting since it's rather shit. Square Enix have since gotten much better voice acting for Final Fantasy, XIII actually had pretty good voice acting. Story and characters would still have issues but it'll be so much more tolerable with better voice acting.

I'd agree that the voices should at least be re-done. Nothing against the quality of the original voices, but after playing XII and XIII I have just noticed a shift in the quality of the voice acting square can provide (I am choosing to ignore Star Ocean here). I didn't hear too many complaints about the plot, but I could've just been reading different reviews.

Now that this is settled, perhaps we may move on to the subject at hand, AKA, Final Fantasy X HD?

http://www.siliconer...l-fantasy-x-hd/

Seeing that the game is being developed internally by Square's "Best Men", I'd expect bonus content. Otherwise they'd just let an outside studio port the code.
My apologies. Let us discuss!

Sounds like a safe assumption to make. I would really like for this remaster to include the International version's content at least. Anything new would be bonus.
I am not too familiar with the recent FFIII and FFIV remakes for the DS. Both of those had extra content and were developed by third party developers, correct (both by Matrix Software)?

This is true, granted the extras were probably not as exciting as the graphical overhaul though. But it is quite rare for Square-enix to re-release a FF game that didn't have some form of added content over the original (except maybe the PSX releases of FF 1,2,4,5 & 6)

FF3 had the Mognet type system where you sent mail over wi-fi or to ingame characters, the class system no longer needed points to change class, the 'guest' characters could act in battle and onion-knight was an unlockable beast of a class once you got it to lvl 99.

FF4 had the augment (?) system and dungeon maps which granted rewards if you explored all of it, but thats all I remember. Maybe there was a character swap function once you completed end-game. FF4 for the PSP included optional soundtracks (classic SNES or the DS bgm) & the 2 sequels to the game. Still a bit extra.

I'd expect that FF X in HD would be the international version, which would include the Dark Aeons. Hopefully there will also be dual audio track options too. Plus, maybe there is the chance that if it goes will it could open the way for a release of FF X-2 + Last mission outside of japan. It could happen right? Right???

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't care if it's a remake or a HD version of the same game. I just hope since it's just an HD version that it won't take them forever to release it. Maybe end of 2012 early 2013.

Fyrus

Artilleur Carmin
Trophies
XP
Country
France
FF4 had the augment (?) system and dungeon maps which granted rewards if you explored all of it, but thats all I remember. Maybe there was a character swap function once you completed end-game. FF4 for the PSP included optional soundtracks (classic SNES or the DS bgm) & the 2 sequels to the game. Still a bit extra.

FF4 DS also had 2 new bosses : Proto-Babil and Geryon

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

FF4 DS also had 2 new bosses : Proto-Babil and Geryon

Well there you go. I didn't play much after getting the hovercraft so I didn't get to that point. So it is likely something new will be added that the original release didn't get although it is possible it might just be the Dark Aeons or a new recruitable blitzball player. Thanks to optional DLC we might even be able to recruit iconic characters/bosses of past games to play Blitzball :D

Majorami

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure the HD remake will be of the highest quality. Square is known for being as consistent in quality as a Japanese Metal Mario spamming Maku Wuhu.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My fav game ever! everything down to the story and gameplay, I don't care if someone thinks my opinion on the game is way off. Even the music in final fantasy 10 is incredible. This was the reason I pre ordered my vita right away. I don't care if the vita turns out to be a failure as long as I get my hands on this.

Blitzball :wub:

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a PS3 and I'm more than happy with my old copy of the International version, but Blitzball with online capabilities might be kinda fun, and who wouldn't want an even beefier Monster Arena? I can already picture them unlocking bosses from older FF games in the arena once you beat the game or some such req.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hope this sells well and they decide to give DQ VIII the same treatment :creep:
Don't have that much connection with FF X, although I read/heard it's very similar to DQ VIII. DQ VIII just appealed a lot more to me.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
PS3 too? PS3 or PSV.... Can't decide :(

maybe both?,
that if the saves can be shared (like cloud saves or copy save to the vitaps3)
so
you can play the ps3 at home
and
when out you can use the vita version
all with the same save

so it can be like Warrior's Lair (Ruin)

now
a BIG question is
will it be the International version for the game

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
PS3 too? PS3 or PSV.... Can't decide :(

maybe both?,
that if the saves can be shared (like cloud saves or copy save to the vitaps3)
so
you can play the ps3 at home
and
when out you can use the vita version
all with the same save

so it can be like Warrior's Lair (Ruin)

now
a BIG question is
will it be the International version for the game
Doesn't matter to me. I have it on my PC & PS2. Completed both. I want the option of playing it undubbed. Just give me that and i happily buy it for both. If not, then i just buy it for PSV i guess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I always wondered how the autobots could afford to do the stuff they did on the show.... now I... +1