Final Fantasy VIII PSN Release

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by MarcusRaven, Oct 4, 2010.

Oct 4, 2010
  1. MarcusRaven
    OP

Member MarcusRaven HBC Theme Maker

United States
    Okay, so I obtained both Final Fantasy VII and VIII by some *cough* different means. These are PSN releases. Now, FFVII works perfectly fine. Runs smooth, has all the PSN release options, and is just a joy to play again. Now, my copy of FFVIII, which is also a PSN release, tells me that it can't be started because the data is corrupt. The icon for the game is there, so its not completely corrupt, and the background and game info loads when highlighted. I can provide my source files through PM if desired (because I know linking to game downloads in the topic itself isn't allowed). I'm running 5.50 Prome-2, and I'm just confused as to why this isn't working if FFVII works fine. Is there a way to check eboot files, key.bin files, and/or document files for proper size and quality?

2. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Try this first :-

Go to the recovery menu. Select: Advanced-> Advanced configuration-> GAME plugins (set it to currently: disabled)

Then try again.

3. MarcusRaven
    OP

Member MarcusRaven HBC Theme Maker

United States
    Okay, so I made the mistake of deleting this from my computer and memory stick to make room for other stuff. When I went to redownload it I keep getting corrupt copies of the third part. I think I give up. >.< I'll just wait to see if FF9 gets uploaded somewhere. That's the one I haven't played from the PSX era.

4. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    You're obviously visiting the wrong sites....and no, don't go to the obvious google search either. That place is like noob/idiot purgatory.