Final Fantasy VII Remake shows off its opening cinematic

The wait continues, for the Final Fantasy VII Remake, following the game's slight delay to April. If you weren't already anticipating the remake heavily enough, Square Enix has uploaded the game's opening cinematic movie, to get fans even more excited for the return to Midgar. Final Fantasy VII Remake will finally release, after years of hype and development, on April 10, 2020, as a timed exclusive for the PlayStation 4.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah , this game isn't for those of you Fortnite, CoD ...etc millennials with A.D.D.

if that's how you're going to approach this, don't bother playing. Just stick to one of your 47,569,012 run of the mill shooters.

go f off! i grew up with final fantasy 7 and didn’t have cutscenes added just to pad time. this opening scenes is indication of them possibly artificial increasing the game length. They may be trying to hide the fact, midcarg is just as short as it was in the original game. The game isn’t going to be a purchase until i see unbiased reviews and it proves it’s game length. In today’s world of gaming, developers and publishers word is just as meaningless as the bible!

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah this brings back memories.
Now everybody remembers that it is a waste of time to level up Aeris/Aerith right? Unless that flying saucer trick will work again in the remake.
Will need some sort of cheat engine or a save editor to bring her back and utilize her throughout the game. I could be wrong though cause I do not know much about the remake, but if they fallow closely or exactly to the original then my hypothesis could be correct.

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The game isn’t going to be a purchase until i see unbiased reviews and it proves it’s game length. In today’s world of gaming, developers and publishers word is just as meaningless as the bible!
You kno the game is gonna be least 30 hours what with the levelling up materia which I hope is same as original but I'm sure I'll like whatever it is if different-plus side quests galore and aiming for trophies

noobita029

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
In the ps1 game, you could be out of midgar in less than 10 hours, even less if it's not your first playthrough. So there has to be tons of new content if they claim the first episode to be a 30hr game..

Reactions: yoyoyo69

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me, the game was 99:99:99 long. Yes, actually. Got to level up that materia and collect all the weapons. Don’t get me started on the chocobo’s or those awesomely fun mini games.

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I won't be buying.

I wasn't really keen on it to begin with (the original is one of my all time favourite games)

Since I found out you're only actually getting the Midgar section of the game / very small portion, decided I definitely won't buy.

If they'd been more transparent I wouldn't have been as bothered, but I feel they're trying to dupe their loyal fans(the one they have left)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

In the ps1 game, you could be out of midgar in less than 10 hours, even less if it's not your first playthrough. So there has to be tons of new content if they claim the first episode to be a 30hr game..

If they're quoting 30hrs, that'll be the max, so you can pretty much guarantee it'll be much, much shorter in reality.

It depends how they measure the time too, they could be real sketchy with a game like this, time spent exploring to find collectables, etc.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Why is Aerith running from something that isn't even there and in distress at 2:30. It literally makes no sense. Did they just shoehorn that in randomly. I'll def wait till all parts are out and buy them together for the price they should be wich is 60 Euro's. Def won't be paying 120 Euro's for a cut up experience that should be 60.

Last edited by kumikochan,

BlackZero500

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
go f off! i grew up with final fantasy 7 and didn’t have cutscenes added just to pad time. this opening scenes is indication of them possibly artificial increasing the game length. They may be trying to hide the fact, midcarg is just as short as it was in the original game. The game isn’t going to be a purchase until i see unbiased reviews and it proves it’s game length. In today’s world of gaming, developers and publishers word is just as meaningless as the bible!

There goes the COD Casual. Oh wait, are you one of those degenerates that play games like fortnite on phone and call yourself a gamer. How Shameful :rofl2:

Why is Aerith running from something that isn't even there and in distress at 2:30. It literally makes no sense. Did they just shoehorn that in randomly. I'll def wait till all parts are out and buy them together for the price they should be wich is 60 Euro's. Def won't be paying 120 Euro's for a cut up experience that should be 60.

Imagine you would have a game like the Original Final Fantasy VII made with the posibillitys of the NES back in the day. And then They would Remake it on PS1. It would be at least 50 times the Invest in Money and Manpower to make that because on NES you have crap graphics and not much possibilities for many things. Exactly the same can be said about This Scenario. If you would Strictly Remake the Original you would probably get the whole game at once. But it would feel strange. Because many Scenes would feel Dead because of the new Graphics. Many Mechanics would feel Clunky and badly aged. Thats why they Reimagine the Game within the new Possibilities. And the Game was frickin HUGE. With the new Awesome Graphics and added Content(for example Sidemissions, Mor indepth Side Characters to get to know and so on) its no wonder that they cant make it fit just one game. ALSO its a huge project. It was long discussed if it would even be made real. Because its a huge investment and they werent sure if it pays off. So they make Episodes instead of one Gigantomaniac Game so they could pull the emergency break if it flops. ALso that way they make more money. its always part of buissiness to make money.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played this game as a kid, then I played it again recently on the switch. it wasn't quite as good as I remembered, but I still enjoyed it. I got stuck a couple of times like the:

Tifa gas chamber minigame. I didn't know you could do two motions at once. that was like a ten-twenty minutes of figuring it out. lol

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

actually, the longest I got stuck was:

I think trying to find the lunar harp. I was stuck for several days. ;)

DANTENDO

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
She can sense danger thts why you really make a fuss over something so small-can't afford to play triple AAA games or games tht are worth the cash go find a new hobby we don't need disrespectful people like you banging on about this is some sort of Con-you can tel from the intro and gameplay screenshots so much work will hav gone into this and contender for game of year

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it could be just disc 1. iirc, I think that's in
the home of the ancients
. it took me around 20-25 hours to get there in what I'd call a blind run, since I remembered little about the game. the discs did seem pretty lengthy. in the switch version, you can save at the end of each disc even though it isn't necessary.

DANTENDO

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Cinematics are always fine and dandy. But not really what I care about.

Takes me back to the old PSX vs SNES days;
WHOAAA FMV cinematics look awesome.
Ahhhh gameplay itself is a clusterfuck.

Sure things have changed a lot ... but still cinematics are just that ... cinematics.
Better to hav than not and the playstn proved devs were excited with what Sony had to offer making all these new cinematic scenes for ps1 and so many games helped sell the playstn because of this - so it's not just they are cinematics

BlackZero500

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Better to hav than not and the playstn proved devs were excited with what Sony had to offer making all these new cinematic scenes for ps1 and so many games helped sell the playstn because of this - so it's not just they are cinematics
hey man, im really with you here. We are on the same side. But could you please write more coherently? At least write complete words. Its driving me nuts.

PatrickD85

Trophies
Website
www.nintendoreporters.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
as far as im informed the cinematics in this Remake are made from the In-Game Engine.
I hope they are :) but that is not a given at all. Even though we have made tremendous leaps where game engines are used for the cinematics not always does that equal a 'seamless' experience.

But sure I get you all want them but the fact that I prefer a sound game over pretty cinematics is a different story all together.
Also not something we should further follow up on (not the core topic for one). It's basically the old GFX vs Gameplay debate and let's just say to each his own.

I just hope this game will see light sooner rather than being an end of life title all together.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol