Final Fantasy VII Remake sells 3.5 million in 3 days

FINAL_FANTASY_VII_REMAKE_LOGO.jpg

Following glowing reviews from critics across the globe, Square Enix Ltd., today announced that FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE shipments and digital sales exceeded over 3.5 million worldwide in 3 days following its April 10 release. The game has achieved exceptional digital sales which are continuing to increase.

Completely rebuilt using the best of modern gaming technology, FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE is a reimagining of the iconic original game that re-defined the RPG genre. Along with unforgettable characters and a story revered as one of the most powerful within video games, the game also features a hybrid battle system that merges real-time action with strategic, command-based combat. The first game in the project is set in the eclectic and sprawling city of Midgar and presents a fully standalone gaming experience that goes deeper into the iconic characters and world than ever before.

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE draws players into a world where the Shinra Electric Power Company, a shadowy corporation, controls the planet’s very life force. Cloud Strife, a former member of Shinra’s elite SOLDIER unit now turned mercenary, lends his aid to an underground resistance group calling themselves Avalanche as they fight against Shinra’s oppressive force.

:arrow: Source: GBAtemp Inbox
:arrow: FFVIIR Official Site

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps this will push Square to release it on PC, pretty please?
Given the engine, it's likely that the only reason it isn't, is the contract with Sony to keep it exclusive to playstation for a year.

Hopefully by then, it'll already include any dlc released in the meantime, if FF 15 is anything to go by.

Reactions: Silent_Gunner

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this game short that it got broken up into 2 parts?

Looks great but I’ll wait for the PS5 since I skipped the PS4 and 2021 to other systems is like and eternity

also RE3 mod to Dino Crisis :bow:

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol do you really think square would release a FF game tht is short - It's a full game and if try and get most of the trophies yr talking 60 hours plus
That’s a snarky comment considering it deviates from the question running around trying to unlock trophies vs actually playing through the game was all I was asking considering it’s and action game now

Reactions: DM9

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That’s a snarky comment considering it deviates from the question running around trying to unlock trophies vs actually playing through the game was all I was asking considering it’s and action game now
Anyone with a brain would kno it's least 30 hour game lol just ridiculous seeing comments every ff7 thread saying is it short

Reactions: ds34 and vree

hamohamo

Trophies
XP
Country
Given the engine, it's likely that the only reason it isn't, is the contract with Sony to keep it exclusive to playstation for a year.

Hopefully by then, it'll already include any dlc released in the meantime, if FF 15 is anything to go by.
The engine never matters cuz all games can be ported to PC really easily.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Anyone with a brain would kno it's least 30 hour game lol just ridiculous seeing comments every ff7 thread saying is it short
People aren't saying it's short, they're saying it was stupid to split it up into multiple parts, regardless of length. And on that point I'd agree. Remakes shouldn't be an excuse to make people buy the game multiple times.

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
For comparison; FFXV did around 2.5million in its first week but those were just retail sales.
FVIIR boasts 3.5mil in 3 days but combines digital and retail purchases.
When you consider they shipped early in some regions and literally everyone on the planet is at home for launch, and could buy digitally if it became their only option - the number isn't that amazing.

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
People aren't saying it's short, they're saying it was stupid to split it up into multiple parts, regardless of length. And on that point I'd agree. Remakes shouldn't be an excuse to make people buy the game multiple times.
Sick of replying to these comments also re multiple parts trying to cash in -just stupid immature comments - go play the game and then youl see why it's released in 2 or 3 parts - moan moan moan lol you don't deserve to play high quality games like this

Reactions: ds34

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1