Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

Dalfi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Find answers and post questions and problems here: http://goo.gl/Lo4lWU

Adams, could you add the following lines to cheats page? I'm not able to do it. Thx

Once you gain access to the entirety of Class 0 in chapter 2, you'll quickly find out that only Ace, Nine, and Queen have all their costumes. What you need to do is, once you reach chapter 2...

1. Switch from Ace to someone else as soon as you're able to.
2. Enable the "unlock all costumes" code while still near a save point.
3. Change to a different costume than the one your character is currently wearing.
4. Exit the save menu and verify that your character's appearance has changed.
5. Reenter the save menu, save your game, and fully exit FFT0.
6. Make sure that CWCheat is off before you load your game again.

Reactions: nalcwap

Dyusu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused as to how this is a dick move. A dick move would be if Square somehow managed to arrest everyone involved in doomtrain. Or what they did to the Chrono Trigger fan-remakes and sequels.

But this is just updating a game and making it more available, in (a very late) response to fan demand.

The dick move, in this case, would be the lack of Vita port. Thing is, this announcement is like a slap to the face to every petitioner who begged Sony/Square to bring this over, because while their efforts don't appear to be in vain, they were not asking for Type-0 to be on PS4/XBOX1. They wanted it to be on the Vita. Yes it's nice to see it on these consoles but yet again Square decided to do something opposite to fan demand, which has only made the fans irate. If Square had decided to port it to Vita as well the backlash would not be existing.

Reactions: Randqalan

Rasen1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The dick move, in this case, would be the lack of Vita port. Thing is, this announcement is like a slap to the face to every petitioner who begged Sony/Square to bring this over, because while their efforts don't appear to be in vain, they were not asking for Type-0 to be on PS4/XBOX1. They wanted it to be on the Vita. Yes it's nice to see it on these consoles but yet again Square decided to do something opposite to fan demand, which has only made the fans irate. If Square had decided to port it to Vita as well the backlash would not be existing.

I'm more inclined to call it a solid business decision.

For starters, Vita console sales are abysmal. Whereas I haven't heard of such a problem with the PS4. If they're going to spend the money to remaster/whatever a game, they're going to want as maximum a return on their investment.

trenso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno about you guys, but this is a REALLY dick move on squares part. Your translation team did a great job & now all of a sudden they just POOF and are releasing it too? Like, even moreso how many years are we gonna wait now? It's already been 8 since it was first teased & we know with their history of ff15 which took long enough :lllll
I'm just terrified if this is an english release with english voices that they're gonna ruin it orz

I didn't know 2011 was 8 years ago silly me thinking it was 2014. And yea it kinda of a dick move but they were asked about this months and said they wanted to bring it western, plus it is coming to ps4 and xbox so now everyone can enjoy it.

Dyusu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm more inclined to call it a solid business decision.

For starters, Vita console sales are abysmal. Whereas I haven't heard of such a problem with the PS4. If they're going to spend the money to remaster/whatever a game, they're going to want as maximum a return on their investment.

However, see, this is always one of the reasons presented whenever something isn't brought to the Vita. To be quite honest one of the reasons why Vita's sales aren't good is because of the video game library the Vita has. Yes it has a pretty big library, but there are few games that people are actually willing to buy the console for. This is only made worse when Vita games aren't localized for the Vita for no reason at all besides the companies reasoning that because the Vita isn't doing well, their games won't do well. In a nutshell: Lack of games for a console = people don't buy = companies don't localize = people getting upset that there's no games and not buying even more. It's an unending cycle of assumptions.

Square did extremely well with FF X/X-2's Vita port. If that isn't enough to say the Type-0 wouldn't do good on the Vita, there's other JRPGS that were released for vita that did extremely well because people actually wanted to play them - and in turn, bought a Vita.

Besides, looking at the PS Blogs and the SE Blog, I can say there's a ton of people wanting this on the Vita - and I don't think they'd have problems with the other versions if only it included the Vita. If anything, it could add a third source of profit for this game. There's a lot more Vita owners/people looking to the Vita than is assumed.

Rasen1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
However, see, this is always one of the reasons presented whenever something isn't brought to the Vita. To be quite honest one of the reasons why Vita's sales aren't good is because of the video game library the Vita has. Yes it has a pretty big library, but there are few games that people are actually willing to buy the console for. This is only made worse when Vita games aren't localized for the Vita for no reason at all besides the companies reasoning that because the Vita isn't doing well, their games won't do well. In a nutshell: Lack of games for a console = people don't buy = companies don't localize = people getting upset that there's no games and not buying even more. It's an unending cycle of assumptions.

Oh, I agree the real problem is with the Vita's library. But the problem is that I don't think Square is willing to gamble on THEIR game being the console-seller, like Halo.

Square did extremely well with FF X/X-2's Vita port. If that isn't enough to say the Type-0 wouldn't do good on the Vita, there's other JRPGS that were released for vita that did extremely well because people actually wanted to play them - and in turn, bought a Vita.

How well? Also, could it have been cheaper for them to develop because they also did it for the PS3? (I'm not familiar with the technical details, but IIRC, a Vita was basically a hand-held PS3.)

Besides, looking at the PS Blogs and the SE Blog, I can say there's a ton of people wanting this on the Vita - and I don't think they'd have problems with the other versions if only it included the Vita. If anything, it could add a third source of profit for this game. There's a lot more Vita owners/people looking to the Vita than is assumed.

I dunno. How many people do you know buy the same game for different platforms, particularly when one platform is significantly more powerful?

InfoAddict

Trophies
XP
Country
Do people reckon they are actually going to heavily touch up the game's engine and graphics so it suits the current consoles? It'd be mighty weird to have a boxed PS4 release with PSP assets.

Rasen1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do people reckon they are actually going to heavily touch up the game's engine and graphics so it suits the current consoles? It'd be mighty weird to have a boxed PS4 release with PSP assets.

Well, the few screenshots released seem mighty pretty. If that's rendered realtime, huzzah for all. As gobstruck as I am by the work done by Sky and the others, I wouldn't mind being able to control the camera with a right analog stick.

Dyusu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How well? Also, could it have been cheaper for them to develop because they also did it for the PS3? (I'm not familiar with the technical details, but IIRC, a Vita was basically a hand-held PS3.)

I dunno. How many people do you know buy the same game for different platforms, particularly when one platform is significantly more powerful?

Around a million, from what I've read (for FF X/X-2, but I personally am not sure if this is just the Vita only or with the PS4 sales). Since Type-0's originally on the PSP, a fellow handheld, and the rumor was it was already ready for the Vita a few years back, it would probably be easy. However I wouldn't know now since this is now concerning a remake.

Since I'm the only one in my circle that owns a Vita, none. But people who have the fan patch have stated that they'd buy the localization as well (assuming it was for the Vita).

Rasen1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Around a million, from what I've read (for FF X/X-2, but I personally am not sure if this is just the Vita only or with the PS4 sales).

I assume you mean PS3, and I wonder if any of it got inflated because on the Vita, the two games were split up (as opposed to the PS3's everything-on-one-disc)

Since Type-0's originally on the PSP, a fellow handheld, and the rumor was it was already ready for the Vita a few years back, it would probably be easy. However I wouldn't know now since this is now concerning a remake.

Unless you mean just selling the PSP game over the PSN, and let the Vita play it, I don't think handheld or rumor has anything to do with the difficulty of porting a game over.

Since I'm the only one in my circle that owns a Vita, none. But people who have the fan patch have stated that they'd buy the localization as well (assuming it was for the Vita).

Now here's the critical issue: how many of those people would be willing to buy it for the PS4/XboxOne anyway?

Dyusu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume you mean PS3, and I wonder if any of it got inflated because on the Vita, the two games were split up (as opposed to the PS3's everything-on-one-disc)

Unless you mean just selling the PSP game over the PSN, and let the Vita play it, I don't think handheld or rumor has anything to do with the difficulty of porting a game over.

Now here's the critical issue: how many of those people would be willing to buy it for the PS4/XboxOne anyway?

Oops, my mistake, yes I mean PS3. ^^;;

No, I meant actually making it for the Vita. As in, physical copies and the such.

I doubt they would, since I see most of them are Vita owners. Edit: However I can see your point now, as the combined sales of PS4s and Xbox 1s are way more than that of the Vita. I still think it wouldn't hurt to bring it over to the Vita, seeing as Vita owners were the ones really seen petitioning for it.

Rasen1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I meant actually making it for the Vita. As in, physical copies and the such.

Then I see no reason for the Vita version to be easier to make. It'd still be a remake, with new models for everything.

I doubt they would, since I see most of them are Vita owners.

Have you checked their ps4/xboxone ownership status?

Dyusu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then I see no reason for the Vita version to be easier to make. It'd still be a remake, with new models for everything.

Have you checked their ps4/xboxone ownership status?

You missed my edit, I said I understand your point now. I can see why this is a better business strategy for SE.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay