Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

kiraschiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
For those who have patched already, is it normal for it to take this long? My patcher has been sitting at "Patching...Please wait..." For almost 2 hours now. Just how long does it take or is it possible my ISO/patcher download is corrupted?

For me it just took approx. 5 minutes.
2 hours is a little bit long I guess, or maybe the patcher froze for you?

Kyonne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Game runs lovely! I have only encountered one issue. Putting the PSP into sleep mode DURING a cutscene will cause the game to crash.

Again. I am using:
Japanese PSP Gen1
CFW Pro C (fix 3; I think)

All I did was get a raw ISO of Disc 1, run the english patcher on it, and put the newly made ISO on my psp. Haven't had any other issues with the game so far.
So you made it from disc 1 huh
Could you please check the Crimson Codex and see if everything is in order?

Rasen1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know dem feels, I was like: "Is that really an FF game?" Pretty violent for an FF game indeed.

InfoAddict

If you merge, you do not need to change discs, so that would be the benefit.

Not sure about PS3 or Vita though, maybe the Vita/PSP emulator doesn't accept that the Iso is over 2 GB.
PS3 with CFW shouldn't be a big of a problem though.

I thought it was now confirmed that merging is unavoidable? If you use an ISO from one of the UMDs, it just tacks on the missing files, and creates a single ISO for the entire game?

kiraschiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So you made it from disc 1 huh
Could you please check the Crimson Codex and see if everything is in order?

How to check the Crimson Codex?

I thought it was now confirmed that merging is unavoidable? If you use an ISO from one of the UMDs, it just tacks on the missing files, and creates a single ISO for the entire game?

Yes, the merging is unavoidable, because the patcher is doing it anyways for you.

Kyonne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I did the same, I merged the both discs long before the patch was released, maybe something went wrong with the patcher program?
I think i got it
Made a quick trip to the first save point in the emulator and everything was normal
I believe the problem is that i tested the merged iso before and made a untraslated System Data save, i suppose that if i delete the system data and create a new one everything should be okay
Is it safe to do that though?

kiraschiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think i got it
Made a quick trip to the first save point in the emulator and everything was normal
I believe the problem is that i tested the merged iso before and made a untraslated System Data save, i suppose that if i delete the system data and create a new one everything should be okay
Is it safe to do that though?

Yes, go ahead the system data will be created anew, not sure if you have to start from the beginning then though.

Edit:
Umm, Merkabah I'm starting my first real mission and the text, with Max Morale is a little bit long, and not everything can be seen on the text table, is that right or intentional?

sanger_zonvolt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ty for translation but i have issue. After first opening there is other one and that movie lagging always so badly and i passed it then new game first video started lagging, i don't know why. i'm open for any solution and thx again. (psp go, proC2 6.60)

StrickNine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to post that the Crimson Codex is messed up. When I try to look at it, the screen goes black and the music speeds up. Have to restart ppsspp to stop it. Everything else has been running good.

Im using ppsspp-v0.9.8-1088-ga31194a-windows-amd64 with a merged rom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson