Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

Masonvd

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there any way to use the patcher on a legitimate, disc copy of Type Zero? I bought it in Japan a few years back and didn't get too far into it. Asking only because these ISO's are taking forever to get and it'd be so much easier to just patch my real version.

Rasen1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to use the patcher on a legitimate, disc copy of Type Zero? I bought it in Japan a few years back and didn't get too far into it. Asking only because these ISO's are taking forever to get and it'd be so much easier to just patch my real version.

If you can rip the ISO yourself, you can apply the patch to that.

Otherwise, I don't think so.

kiraschiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
thought i would update that the codex works properly with ppsspp 9.8, but characters have white shadows lol

What version do you exactly use?
The last one is with 1088, and I have black shadows.

You have to rip your original UMD ( doesn't matter which one), and patch the iso with the patcher by Sky and his team.

Merkabah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, go ahead the system data will be created anew, not sure if you have to start from the beginning then though.

Edit:
Umm, Merkabah I'm starting my first real mission and the text, with Max Morale is a little bit long, and not everything can be seen on the text table, is that right or intentional?

Confirmed issue:
- Tutorial text for Max Morale at the beginning of "The Cadets' First Battle" overflows off the screen.
- Solution: To be fixed in a future patch update. For now, the tutorial text can be accessed via "Academy Info" in the Crimson Codex after viewing the text box in-game.

Reactions: Madridi

kiraschiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Confirmed issue:
- Tutorial text for Max Morale at the beginning of "The Cadets' First Battle" overflows off the screen.
- Solution: To be fixed in a future patch update. For now, the tutorial text can be accessed via "Academy Info" in the Crimson Codex after viewing the text box in-game.

Oh okay, so it is a bug or glitch with the translation.
I pm'ed you because of that sorry xD.

Merkabah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Confirmed issue:

- PPSSPP: Characters' shadows render incorrectly during gameplay.
- Solution: None. This is a result of PPSSPP emulation, not the translation patch. The original Japanese version of the game also shows these improper shadow renderings in PPSSPP.

Reactions: Randqalan

sanger_zonvolt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ty for translation but i have issue. After first opening there is other one and that movie lagging always so badly and i passed it then new game first video started lagging, i don't know why. i'm open for any solution and thx again. (psp go, proC2 6.60)

this problem don't happen on ppsspp. this game translated psp game not just translated psp game for psp emulators am i right?

castfromhp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's nothing to scroll though, the lines are empty and the scrollbar doesn't show any kind of indicator of where in the records i am
There's also no bestiary even though i fought random encounters and all the lines in characters info only shows 0/0, nothing on System either

I'm playing on PSP and used the merged ISO for the patch

I'm having this issue as well. Merged ISO for the patcher, playing on PSP. Unlike you though, I didn't have an untranslated system data, so I don't think that deleting and remaking system data is going to solve the issue for me. Is there possibly anything else that could be causing this issue?

kiraschiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
this problem don't happen on ppsspp. this game translated psp game not just translated psp game for psp emulators am i right?

The translation was made in mind for original PSP users and also those who use emulation.
Odd that you are getting slow downs with the 1st opening cutscene, for me everything went smooth as butter.

Vikdeth502

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I am good as far as the game working, I am just getting a strange problem where the saving mechanics aren't translated. I am using a merged ISO and PSP 2000 (Red God of War Edition) on 6.60 Pro C-2 with Inferno driver enabled.

kiraschiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok, I am good as far as the game working, I am just getting a strange problem where the saving mechanics aren't translated. I am using a merged ISO and PSP 2000 (Red God of War Edition) on 6.60 Pro C-2 with Inferno driver enabled.

Save messages are translated, maybe the patch went not through 100%?
Try to update your PSP maybe.

sanger_zonvolt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok then it just psp-go issue i guess than i might play the game on ppsspp from now on. =/ (and lagging movies never happened before for any game)

kiraschiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ok then it just psp-go issue i guess than i might play the game on ppsspp from now on. =/ (and lagging movies never happened before for any game)

Unfortunately, I cannot test it with a real PSP or PSP-Go, I only have emulation as an option, and PPSSPP works flawless as for now with it.

castfromhp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, my save messages weren't translated either. Maybe that's related to the Crimson Codex issue I had? Can anyone playing on the PSP confirm their save messages are translated and their Codex works? I'm on 6.60 PRO-CFW.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: