Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

Nightmesh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to test the Ad hoc multiplayer on ppsspp at the moment. Would anyone be willing to test it with me? I'm using tunngle to test it.

NSRSM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, my first thought when I clicked on this thread today was "UGH... all this talking and nothing about the actual subject matter..." Then I had to quickly remind myself - COME ON AUGUST 8TH! :lol:

I was playing some of the unpatched japanese version of the game this morning on my laptop's PPSSPP. And there's always been an issue about it when I play on my PPSSPP....... I can play the game just fine in the first few minutes. But once I come to the end of the first row of enemies, the game slows to a crawl and then the PPSSPP freezes on a black screen. Anyone else experience this problem on their PC's while playing Type-0? I know it can't be the version of the emulator i'm using. Because i've used many versions - updated versions of both the official and unofficial builds. Same results.

I had used a program that let me play PSP games off my PSP to show a direct video feed of the action onscreen and for whatever reason Type 0 is one of those games that just locks up the game. Same problems you mention as a matter of fact, so not much to do. RemoteJoyLite was what I was using or something like that.

-------------------

As for that Dissidia discussion I found the Dissidia Forums community to be quite venomous and came to the conclusion while the game can be fun on it's own, Tournament talk always revolved around assist bum rush tactics, assist building, and repetitive and tedious safe attacks, and of course mind gaming. So venomous was the community that if you didn't play that specific way the community was toxic towards your different playstyle. And at that point you no longer find the game fun when at it's core it literally revolves around Block, Attack, Dodge with an occasional assist. Just really mucks up the fun IMO. Not all of Dissidia Forums is inherently bad but I just found it more taxing to go there because of the experiences I would see from day to day. Never was able to go multiplayer since it needed severe workarounds to even achieve that kind of status and I wasn't going to do that for the sake of assist Tourneys or to play a few people 5 times. So unfortunately I cannot verify my actual skill with ExDeath under PvP terms. Since with ExDeath you have to be precise and with any lag you can't be precise therefore leaving you at a disadvantage.

Reactions: Narolf

NinjaRic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As for that Dissidia discussion I found the Dissidia Forums community to be quite venomous and came to the conclusion while the game can be fun on it's own, Tournament talk always revolved around assist bum rush tactics, assist building, and repetitive and tedious safe attacks, and of course mind gaming. So venomous was the community that if you didn't play that specific way the community was toxic towards your different playstyle. And at that point you no longer find the game fun when at it's core it literally revolves around Block, Attack, Dodge with an occasional assist. Just really mucks up the fun IMO. Not all of Dissidia Forums is inherently bad but I just found it more taxing to go there because of the experiences I would see from day to day. Never was able to go multiplayer since it needed severe workarounds to even achieve that kind of status and I wasn't going to do that for the sake of assist Tourneys or to play a few people 5 times. So unfortunately I cannot verify my actual skill with ExDeath under PvP terms. Since with ExDeath you have to be precise and with any lag you can't be precise therefore leaving you at a disadvantage.

I've never played multiplayer in Dissidia, or read much about it besides the wikis for a few of the items, so that probably explains the differences in our views.

Nightmesh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so after playing around with it this weekend I've gotten multiplayer to work on ppsspp. So now we can get spp spells and items the normal way. Also found someone that made a cwcheat to give you unlimited time in multiplayer so even that's fixed.

Plastica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
A question for the Type-0 translators:
I just started learning Japanese and I really like it so far, especially since the grammar is pretty simple for now (I hope it stays like that xD), but I wanted to ask you if you have any advice for a novice like me. Like if I should learn Kanji right from the start or wait and concentrate on Kana and vocabulary for now. I'm using a book called Japanese From Zero and another one called Remembering the Kana (That one's awesome, I learned about 70 % of the Hiragana in two days :D ) but if you know any other good book or software or have any advice for beginners, it'd be really cool if you could share your wisdom :)

Btw, I was thinking about going to a Japanese school about three times a week once I start my apprenticeship, but is that even worth it, or are books and self studying just as good?

TheLostSabre

Naberius the Nauseous
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As for that Dissidia discussion I found the Dissidia Forums community to be quite venomous
I've been on the forums myself and I can agree they can be rather extreme in their discussion, most particularly regarding tournys/online match. Sadly, this can devolve into rather nasty personal issues amongst members of the community with some being banned as a result.

NinjaRic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been on the forums myself and I can agree they can be rather extreme in their discussion, most particularly regarding tournys/online match. Sadly, this can devolve into rather nasty personal issues amongst members of the community with some being banned as a result.

That sucks :/ I didn't even realise there was a online/tournament scene for Dissidia...

TheLostSabre

Naberius the Nauseous
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That is more for members who are really into the tourny scene. Otherwise they're generally friendly towards those who likes to observe matches or are into friendlies. Just prepare yourself for criticism and understand that they're just really passionate about the game, as small as the community is.

NinjaRic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That is more for members who are really into the tourny scene. Otherwise they're generally friendly towards those who likes to observe matches or are into friendlies. Just prepare yourself for criticism and understand that they're just really passionate about the game, as small as the community is.

That's reassuring I guess - once my exams are done and I've upgraded to PRO-C CFW I'll probably get involved...

shafty710

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
polygon.com has an interesting read on fan-translations. Our main man Sky is mentioned in the article. Mr. Sky, estas haciendo un trabajo muy impresionante. Sigue adelante.

There's a quote that says, "...Square Enix said they knew about the Final Fantasy Type-0 project, but would not offer comment." Hmm...

Reactions: LoyalZero1

trenso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question that i dont know if it was answered already, but the japan PSN vita store has type 0 on it would there be a way to get this patch on that version?

Nightmesh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question that i dont know if it was answered already, but the japan PSN vita store has type 0 on it would there be a way to get this patch on that version?
I don't believe there is. See the vita downloads PSP ISO's in a different format that's encrypted at the moment that only the vita can read and since it is he couldn't make a patch for it that the vita would accept. I'm not as sure about this part but if you already have an exploit on it already you can try connecting to the Japanese PSN if it lets you and downloading it from the exploit.

If anything I said is wrong please correct me.

mlc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I don't believe so. For Vita, you'd need to have access to a PSP kernel exploit that works on your current firmware, and you'd (most likely) need to use an ISO of Type-0. So you'll probably require 3.01 or less, plus an exploited PSP game for that firmware, to be able to use this patch on a Vita.

Muhammad Syafiq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
"Off-topic"
I just tried Final Fantasy Agito on iOS (available for android too), the game is quite well designed (gameplay, graphic etc)
The size is about 2.1GB =.=, let's pray for its localization :rofl2:

Reactions: LoyalZero1

Dalfi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users