Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

Nepherael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for posting a date! Now I can stop checking in on here like a crazed bumblebee!

Lol yeah same for me. Thanks Sky! I think it's so cool that you are a part of projects like these. To me, you've made a difference and done something I will always remember. I've been bragging about you and your team and the fact that you guys are fully translating a game to a professional level for free and for the love of it to everyone I know.

Reactions: LoyalZero1

Randqalan

The Wheel of Time Turns
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree 100% :/

Ok discloser please why the long wait
Why just for a few pict that could easily be found online or even a bug version I know you have quality but that long just for a few photos kind of sucks

Is it my thought one of the team members is going AWOL on you is why the wait and who ever it is I am not mad just would like to know is all

Kyonne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Dumb question (maybe) but why did you give a date in that trailer when the release is so far off ?
I think it's better to know ahead of time like this than being teased everyday expecting something

Edit: This is kinda/a lot out of topic at the moment but i really need to know this... ...What is the name of the Darkness of Suzaku's song?

Reactions: Randqalan

Nepherael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dumb question (maybe) but why did you give a date in that trailer when the release is so far off ?

Saves a lot of hassle with people begging for updates and asking how much time is left. Since the beta stage people have expected to see the game release within weeks and if they won't release it til fall it would have been 6 months of people asking "where is it?" "I thought you started beta testing ages ago"

Rasen1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok discloser please why the long wait
Why just for a few pict that could easily be found online or even a bug version I know you have quality but that long just for a few photos kind of sucks

Is it my thought one of the team members is going AWOL on you is why the wait and who ever it is I am not mad just would like to know is all

Guess you didn't read Sky's post on his blog. While the main story and cast seem to be perfect so far, there are apparently THOUSANDS of NPCs with problems that need fixing.

Reactions: Randqalan

TheLostSabre

Naberius the Nauseous
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not to mention dialogues changes that comes along with progression in the plot. Dialogues also changes depending on your playthrough count.

Debugging is a very nitpicky process that is long and tedious; you can easily lose your concentration after just a couple of lines, which they have to tackle thousands upon thousands of lines. Even if they did correct the lines, would it display properly on the PSP?

Randqalan

The Wheel of Time Turns
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it would move this up on release date I say beta tester testing the game besides trans team would be nice not pushing :glare:

But the real testers may have to be multi lingual for it to really matter

Silent Nyan

Trophies
XP
Country
It`s better to release it alittle late than sacrificing quality. Good job Sky and the rest of the team for your efforts! Im gonna support you all till the very end :)

mlc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I wish it was sooner, my big concern will be not knowing for the next 5 months if you will get a C&D. I wish you could release the patch to someone seemingly untrustworthy that could be expected to leak it regardless of the legality of the patch, though that's no help since it would either be leaked immediately or the person wouldn't be provably untrustworthy. lol.

I hope it goes well.

EDIT: For the people asking about additional testers, I would assume a lot of the work is formatting and inserting text. So the "bottleneck" is the people able to do that. Even if Sky wouldn't have to waste much time to teach new people how to insert the text, you still might have a big problem with "version control" and quality control.

Even a bunch of additional bilingual testers might make only a minor impact on the release date, since Sky would still have to "train" them and someone would have to monitor and organize their input. I could see things changing if someone disappears, though, as is common with fan/internet projects.

Kyonne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I say let them work as they are
If they managed to choose a precise release date, even if it's far away, it means that they have everything prepared to get it done by the time, no need to complicate their lives anymore with more testers and stuff, like Sky himself is saying he's not very pleased with the date they agreed, but all they're asking of us is the strength to hang in there a little more
I mean, at least it'll not take as long as FFXV

Plastica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wow, that's some really awesome news :D It doesn't matter that we'll have to wait until August, that way me and some other guys here will be able to finish some other important things without distraction, so I guess it's kind of a good thing :)

PS: Machinas attack at the end of the trailer...epicness overload 0.o

Dalfi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think it's a mistake to announce the release date 5 months earlier. It makes release "official" and this could cost a C&D. Maybe you should think about partial patches (like VC3) to "protect" your work. I think it would have been better to give us only a "period" date and release the patch suddenly when done.

Obviously it's only my opinion :)

Nepherael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's a mistake to announce the release date 5 months earlier. It makes release "official" and this could cost a C&D. Maybe you should think about partial patches (like VC3) to "protect" your work. I think it would have been better to give us only a "period" date and release the patch suddenly when done.

Obviously it's only my opinion :)

It's impossible for a C&D. Even if one was sent it would be considered company harassment. Sky outlined it really well in a topic on gfaqs that put that whole C&D thing to rest. Basically, don't worry because even if one was sent Sky could laugh and tear it up and it wouldn't mean a thing

Kyonne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's impossible for a C&D. Even if one was sent it would be considered company harassment. Sky outlined it really well in a topic on gfaqs that put that whole C&D thing to rest. Basically, don't worry because even if one was sent Sky could laugh and tear it up and it wouldn't mean a thing
I'd actually like some details on that, i have my shair of worry of a C&D

Nepherael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd actually like some details on that, i have my shair of worry of a C&D

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/951986-final-fantasy-type-0/68503475

Check out this topic and go to post 135. Don't mind the massive amount of nonsense in there. It's gfaqs. Sky busts in and makes a post at post 135 explaining why a C&D will not change anything for this project and also explains that they do have professional level legal advice on the translation team

C&D generally only happens when a translation project is doing something illegal. One off the top of my head was RPG maker whose team was distributing the fully translated ROM. That's a no no lol. Providing a patch for a game I'm pretty sure falls into no illegal boundaries.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nearly 4 hours without power :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    SO POWERLESS
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell Kanye I need power
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Better start running in your hamster wheel
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Meth addicts on a treadmill connected to a generator "Unlimited POWER!!!'
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before or after a hit?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay