Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

nalcwap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why don't you update your CFW? It's very easy to do :)

What a great and underestimated game...
because i not want breek my psp and the games i have not work/and i try search an app to downsaple to feat the size when translation fineshed/thanks

Kalker3

Trophies
XP
Country
France
because i not want breek my psp and the games i have not work/and i try search an app to downsaple to feat the size when translation fineshed/thanks

I dunno if there's anything "special" about 5.50 FW, but all OFWs are hackable with no risk at all. As long as you don't try to use the permanent CFW on certain PSP 2000s and 3000s (Go and Street included).

nalcwap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I dunno if there's anything "special" about 5.50 FW, but all OFWs are hackable with no risk at all. As long as you don't try to use the permanent CFW on certain PSP 2000s and 3000s (Go and Street included).
my psp is slim(smal but not know number and im not put this cfw is other person/but if not permanent no use because i not have pc only my friend

Muhammad Syafiq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
my psp is slim(smal but not know number and im not put this cfw is other person/but if not permanent no use because i not have pc only my friend

Just upgrade to OFW 6.60 then use LCFW PRO/ME, for those corrupted savedatas, you can repair them using homebrew: MagicSave or FreeCheat + SED

Reactions: nalcwap

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I've seen many doubts about this, specially in this GAF thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=743872&page=5

I usually don't talk about stuff I'm not 100% I'll release, but it's ok if anyone wants to answer there too.

We are focusing on the following settings, that bring the highest compatibility and accuracy when playing the game:

-Merged ISO for PSP with CFW PRO @ 30fps.

Why PSP @ 30fps? Because the game is meant to be played on a PSP at that frame rate.
Why the Merged ISO? Because translating one ISO is way, but WAAAYYYY simpler than translating 2, in terms of romhacking.
Why PRO CFW? Because it's the only one that can play ISO's bigger than 2 GB with absolutely no problem.

There are many other possible settings, involving:

-Platform: it can be either PSP, PsVita, PS3, PC, or Android (guess IOS should work alright too, basically every platform where PPSSPP can be present).
-ISO Mode: Merged or separated.
-Native Frame rate: 60, 30 or 15 (7.5 fps is also possible but come on lol xD).

However, the patch we are working on, only aims at the settings initially stated. Any other combination is also possible but I simply don't have the hardware (or the time) to make sure everything works an intended. If I manage to get them, be sure I'll support as many combinations as I can.

Now, note that not all combinations make for a good gameplay, just imagine the game on a PSP @ 60 fps: I haven't even tried this, but the PSP lags sometimes with this game @ 30fps, so 60 would be too much for it to handle, most likely. On the other hand, the PS3 (which upscales the game up to 1080p) might be able to play the game at 60fps (I can't try).

By the by, you might be wondering what's up with the frame rates... I indeed have full control over the native fps counter of the game, so I can change the frame count for full speed. This is how I achieved so good performance in Android months ago: making the game run at 15fps, my phone/tablet only have to render half of the frames than a PSP, so while most user experiment half speed, I can optimize that to get full speed.

Of course the hardcore PC game would complain about choppy image in a 15fps game, but trust me, this is something you stop noticing within the first 5 minutes of gameplay (and in fact, absolutely nobody noticed it on my videos xD). So summarizing, yes, I implemented an ASM internal frameskipping algorithm so the game can run full speed at 15fps, as part of the optimizations hacks. This is regarless of the platform. Of course, it doesn't make any sense playing at 15fps on a vita, psp, or PC (30 for PSP/Vita, and 60 for PC are good numbers, unless you have a low performance PC, in that case 15fps might even sound right; sure, if you have a super-duper Android device, it's possible to give it a shot at 60fps, that might work alright... in some years...).

But there is yet another problem in the equation: The UMD size. Being over 2GB's, only, and ONLY the PRO CFW will be able to play it. There is no simple workaround for this right now, but there are 2 possible solution:

-Implement support to correctly address more than 2GB -> while this is possible for PPSSPP, I don't see it happening for Vita/PS3. In PSP it already happened with the inferno UMD driver (see why the PRO CFW is required?)
-Split the game back to 2 UMD's -> This takes a lot of work, and would be the way to go, but since I can't support the rest of settings (dont have a cfw vita/ps3), it would be crazy to spend all that time splitting one disc in two.

*Fun fact -> the internal ASM framskipping hack work for all Square Enix PSP games xD

~Sky

nalcwap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I've seen many doubts about this, specially in this GAF thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=743872&page=5

I usually don't talk about stuff I'm not 100% I'll release, but it's ok if anyone wants to answer there too.

We are focusing on the following settings, that bring the highest compatibility and accuracy when playing the game:

-Merged ISO for PSP with CFW PRO @ 30fps.

Why PSP @ 30fps? Because the game is meant to be played on a PSP at that frame rate.
Why the Merged ISO? Because translating one ISO is way, but WAAAYYYY simpler than translating 2, in terms of romhacking.
Why PRO CFW? Because it's the only one that can play ISO's bigger than 2 GB with absolutely no problem.

There are many other possible settings, involving:

-Platform: it can be either PSP, PsVita, PS3, PC, or Android (guess IOS should work alright too, basically every platform where PPSSPP can be present).
-ISO Mode: Merged or separated.
-Native Frame rate: 60, 30 or 15 (7.5 fps is also possible but come on lol xD).

However, the patch we are working on, only aims at the settings initially stated. Any other combination is also possible but I simply don't have the hardware (or the time) to make sure everything works an intended. If I manage to get them, be sure I'll support as many combinations as I can.

Now, note that not all combinations make for a good gameplay, just imagine the game on a PSP @ 60 fps: I haven't even tried this, but the PSP lags sometimes with this game @ 30fps, so 60 would be too much for it to handle, most likely. On the other hand, the PS3 (which upscales the game up to 1080p) might be able to play the game at 60fps (I can't try).

By the by, you might be wondering what's up with the frame rates... I indeed have full control over the native fps counter of the game, so I can change the frame count for full speed. This is how I achieved so good performance in Android months ago: making the game run at 15fps, my phone/tablet only have to render half of the frames than a PSP, so while most user experiment half speed, I can optimize that to get full speed.

Of course the hardcore PC game would complain about choppy image in a 15fps game, but trust me, this is something you stop noticing within the first 5 minutes of gameplay (and in fact, absolutely nobody noticed it on my videos xD). So summarizing, yes, I implemented an ASM internal frameskipping algorithm so the game can run full speed at 15fps, as part of the optimizations hacks. This is regarless of the platform. Of course, it doesn't make any sense playing at 15fps on a vita, psp, or PC (30 for PSP/Vita, and 60 for PC are good numbers, unless you have a low performance PC, in that case 15fps might even sound right; sure, if you have a super-duper Android device, it's possible to give it a shot at 60fps, that might work alright... in some years...).

But there is yet another problem in the equation: The UMD size. Being over 2GB's, only, and ONLY the PRO CFW will be able to play it. There is no simple workaround for this right now, but there are 2 possible solution:

-Implement support to correctly address more than 2GB -> while this is possible for PPSSPP, I don't see it happening for Vita/PS3. In PSP it already happened with the inferno UMD driver (see why the PRO CFW is required?)
-Split the game back to 2 UMD's -> This takes a lot of work, and would be the way to go, but since I can't support the rest of settings (dont have a cfw vita/ps3), it would be crazy to spend all that time splitting one disc in two.

*Fun fact -> the internal ASM framskipping hack work for all Square Enix PSP games xD

~Sky
but if i can not upgrade my psp its not have any solution other pro firmware?for example the downsample of the videos or other solution?if yes how?thanks

nalcwap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't really think it's a good solution to use downsampled videos, I mean, why would anyone be unable to upgrade the PSP?
because i not put this cfw and i not know how upgrade without break my psp and with permanent cfw and if if the games patched to work in cfw 5.50 gen ?i not know what model have i think is slim but not know the board

LoyalZero1

Former Videogame & Movie News Super Blogger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the blurry pic, but that's where you can tell if you have a PSP 1000, 2000 or 3000. Look at the last numbers on the bar code sticker. Like in my case, I have a PSP 3000.

Snapshot_20140119_zps310f917f.jpg

nalcwap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for the blurry pic, but that's where you can tell if you have a PSP 1000, 2000 or 3000. Look at the last numbers on the bar code sticker. Like in my case, I have a PSP 3000.

Snapshot_20140119_zps310f917f.jpg
thanks but my psp is old and this disapear with time (but i think its slim+game daxter include

Xanxusz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
can you post here the link, where i can download your merged iso, i've seen it the other day in your blogsite but i can't access your site right now seems like suspended. thanks a lot. ;) keep up the good work.

Elegant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
can you post here the link, where i can download your merged iso, i've seen it the other day in your blogsite but i can't access your site right now seems like suspended. thanks a lot. ;) keep up the good work.

There is no merged iso; there is only a tool to merge the isos. There is a very distinct difference; no downloads to the game will be given, only the tools to translate it.

Xanxusz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There is no merged iso; there is only a tool to merge the isos. There is a very distinct difference; no downloads to the game will be given, only the tools to translate it.

i see, well i need that too where can i download that tool? can you provide me the link? thanks.

Elegant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i see, well i need that too where can i download that tool? can you provide me the link? thanks.

I believe this was covered in the past page or 2 so look there. I wouldn't worry about it; you'll still need to translate the game right? Why rush for these tools when they'll more than likely be included in the final release?

Saisu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I'm running mine on 6.20 and you can still run type-0 perfectly with it, if that's any help?

Xanxusz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I believe this was covered in the past page or 2 so look there. I wouldn't worry about it; you'll still need to translate the game right? Why rush for these tools when they'll more than likely be included in the final release?

Thanks for the Info, might as well wait for the final release ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    I think we all forgot breath of the wild released for the wii u tbh
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, tbh the HD collections are more justified since they include more than just 1 game per copy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ I read that non-binary people identify as a blend of male and female. The point is i think i'm a blend of those and thus non binary
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Non-binary people are those who don't identify themselves exclusively as male or female.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I don't identify as anything, unless I need to get on a plane then I show ID
    +3
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    👈 [homo, queer, fag, coksuqr, etc......]
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I meant that I read that they can also identify as what i mentioned
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I identify as Long Rod Johnson, cause a cat called me that once.
    +2
    [takes a 👀 in your pants] Liar :angry:
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, and thus that would make me non binary since i feel like a blend of both male and female
    +1
    @Xdqwerty only time will tell, what/whom you are. At 14, its a bit early to "Define" yourself. :)
    +3
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I only recently have learned who I am and how much I am capable of and I'm 50 lol
    +3
    A thousand epiphanies and unbelievable pain and growth.
    +2
    I wish I could sum it up for children to understand but it truly takes living a lifetime of learning
    +2
    It's more than knowledge it's understanding
    +1
    Both are required
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, ask chatgpt or Google gémini to summarize it
    Lol summarize life's lessons
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My wifey tells me all the time "You need to grow the fuck up." Which I don't understand, cause I'm full grown already.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, she means grow more
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
    farrrrrrrrrrrt
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @AncientBoi I imagine it don't make the fart sound anymore, probably sounds more like letting go of a balloon you just blew up.
    +2
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: +1