Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

blocky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have a question for the merging iso's do i need a clean iso of the game or the Used or merge file to overwrite it?

earlynovfan

Delusional
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but ask NSRSM for questions like that^^

Edit: I wanted to check it out and yeah, with CWcheat it does work. Maybe u uploaded the wrong files? (with New Game but either with CWcheat), but New Game doesn't work with CWcheat either only load game on disc one.
Edit2: Maybe I solved it on my own and if so it was my mistake then^^ Copying it right now. Will tell u, if it works then.
Edit3: Ok was my mistake. Guys, if u patched ur Isos, so that it works with ur firmware and u want to merge, don't forget to delete the eboot.old as well (is an backupfile created by a patching tool). That's what happened to me here. Thx Sky, everything works fine. The File itself does nothing, but the Iso goes over the 2GB limit (I wondered why myself, lol) and then I saw it and banged my head onto my Desk xD.
Already PM'd him.

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i have a question for the merging iso's do i need a clean iso of the game or the Used or merge file to overwrite it?

Ok was my mistake. Guys, if u patched ur Isos, so that it works with ur firmware and u want to merge, don't forget to delete the eboot.old as well (is an backupfile created by a patching tool). That's what happened to me here. Thx Sky, everything works fine. The File itself does nothing, but the Iso goes over the 2GB limit (I wondered why myself, lol) and then I saw it and banged my head onto my Desk xD.

I guess that could anwer the question, in order to avoid this kind of problems, it's better to use a clean version ;)

~Sky

LEDAHGRIM

RPG Dreamer
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way just curious here... Is the ISO merging compatible with the incomplete
english english menu patch made by truth key?

I'm guessing it's not because you mentioned you had to optimize various files and
delete duplicate archives in order to attain an exact 2 GB size...

Just asking, Altough it a bit nice to know which magic I have equiped since they were
translated along with a few items and menus hahahha.

Still, Thanks a lot for the ISO merging files SKY!! Now i'll compile my ISO with then and
wait for you guys to finish the patch, Which reminds me... Do you think the english patch
for Valkyria Chronicles 3 will be released before this one? Not implying anything, Just
a curious question from me...

Also if SE were not thinking about releasing Type 0 in the west at all why put an english
alphabet in the game game code? I think that was a waste of time considering the obvious
PSP western release cancelation...

Or maybe it's just like people said... SE didn't foresee such a bad market situation for
the game, But their taking too long to release Type 0 on PSP may as well have taken
it's toll too. 3 years since it was first announced I think or was it 4?

At any rate, It's got things are being keep a bit secretive from now on since SE won't
know a bit of what's going on with this movement, if they are even aware that is
(I question this notion because we know how greedy companies can be...)

Keep going and best of luck for you guys! My hacking skills are improving with each day
since I studying programming in university, It won't be too long before I can code tools!

See ya!

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Also if SE were not thinking about releasing Type 0 in the west at all why put an english
alphabet in the game game code? I think that was a waste of time considering the obvious
Or maybe it's just like people said... SE didn't foresee such a bad market situation for
the game, But their taking too long to release Type 0 on PSP may as well have taken

LOTS of JP games have entire English Alphabets included. Danball Senki, SD Gundam, TAMASHII, and others all have a complete English Alphabet. Many Japanese phrases use English characters in them so they include the entire alphabet usually just to be safe.
Also it takes them like 2 seconds to code it after already having a JP alphabet.

LEDAHGRIM

RPG Dreamer
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually if I remember correctly, Lots of japanese game developers like to put stuff
in english words into their games because they think "It looks cool"... While it does
anyone with slight english knowledge knows it's broken english...

Like on Valkyria Chronicles 3, Each time you take a mission or a new chapter starts
a small english subtitle of the mission name appears in eglish below the japanese title...

It's like when you put a title in big bold letters in your mother languaje and then add a
small phrase below it in another languaje to make it look better or to your liking.

Same with the recently released Generation Of Chaos 6, The chapter names have big
bold main titles and small english subtitles below them. Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity
does this too.

Altough this also could be a tactic employed by japanese developers to appeal a bit to
western players and make their games sometimes import friendly and maximize their
possible profits. I think my brain just blew... Excuse me...

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Altough this also could be a tactic employed by japanese developers to appeal a bit to
western players and make their games sometimes import friendly and maximize their
possible profits. I think my brain just blew... Excuse me...

Probably not. 90% of the time it's because either A. It looks cool or B. it fits the theme (I.E set in England or wherever). Also because like I said, English pharses and characters are commonly used in Japanese. See the AX-00 unit from Danball Senki. It's not changed for Japanese or otherwise, it's just called the AX-00. It's also why 90% of Gunpla/Model boxes have the unit/series names in English and then in Japanese elsewhere or smaller.

LEDAHGRIM

RPG Dreamer
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tought so... Well gonna test that merged ISO now and see if it works and if not
I must have done something wrong. Good night guys!

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
No idea why people don't like mega xD

By the way just curious here... Is the ISO merging compatible with the incomplete
english english menu patch made by truth key?

I'm guessing it's not because you mentioned you had to optimize various files and
delete duplicate archives in order to attain an exact 2 GB size...

Just asking, Altough it a bit nice to know which magic I have equiped since they were
translated along with a few items and menus hahahha.

Still, Thanks a lot for the ISO merging files SKY!! Now i'll compile my ISO with then and
wait for you guys to finish the patch, Which reminds me... Do you think the english patch
for Valkyria Chronicles 3 will be released before this one? Not implying anything, Just
a curious question from me...

At any rate, It's got things are being keep a bit secretive from now on since SE won't
know a bit of what's going on with this movement, if they are even aware that is
(I question this notion because we know how greedy companies can be...)

Keep going and best of luck for you guys! My hacking skills are improving with each day
since I studying programming in university, It won't be too long before I can code tools!

See ya!

Hi and thanks for your comment. So far the partial patch is not compatible, as I had to rewrite the LBA parsing algorithm (in binary machine code!), the conventional tool to extract and repack the yellow files won't work. Still I adapted the patch to my new file system some days ago just for fun, and yes, it works. We might use it in future demonstrations, but in the end, due to the fact that the partial patch was made with some constraints we don't have to deal with, we will most likely redo that part of the translation too.

About VC3, I've known that project for some time and, and since they started way before us, I'd say they will end before us too.
Also, the game needs a complete alphabet so script writers won't have to care about what characters can they use, in fact, in the very first COMM dialog, some Latin letters appear ("COMM"). Engine programmers wanna make sure the game can support any kind of characters, even if it's not meant to be released outside Japan ;) regards:

~Sky

Reactions: Intranet and KiEgon

juggalomars

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How little RAM are you running on? Also, it doesn't store the file in RAM before it saves it to your HDD.
1 gig is the max this crappy mobo will allow and I never said it stores it to RAM. Just that it tends to break if I try to download a file bigger than a gig.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: make up his mind dude