Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

HeeroJiro

Forever A Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ya'll have my full support i'm fairly useless so this make me so happy that a translation team was put together and this project is moving fowerd. i can berly wait for the patch to be dun :3

in the mean time i will get the iso that will be needed for this patch :3

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You guys can expect soon a new version of the UMD merging files, that:

-won't need CWCheat at all
-will combine both disc in a perfect single disc game
-will never ask for disc change
-will have the entire content of the game accessible

Ohh! And btw, there has been progress in the translation too...

~Sky

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
SkyBladeCloud, thanks, you just answered my prayers.

BTW, can you estimate in weeks on when you you will be done with the text extraction tool?
My hands are itchy to type something.

Ohh yeah right... That reminds me... The community is sooo outdated on the the actual current state of the project, but since the last update caused some mixed opinions, I think it will remain like that for some time, and just release some useful stuff like new mergin files, sorry about that... Who knows, we might even have all the text from the game perfectly dumped...

~Sky

mario6714

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

~Sky

Really nice xD

cybirmind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i want to help, i dont know any lang but english and the tiniest bit of german, and my hacking/moding skills are non-existent but i have time and mathematical skills. i also learn extreamly fast so i would be willing to learn new skill sets to help more. let me know if there is anything at all i can do, also i was just wondering if anyone asked the original voice actors that did the official English translation if they would be willing to help with the less then official release?

Reactions: FrostLust

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
i want to help, i dont know any lang but english and the tiniest bit of german, and my hacking/moding skills are non-existent but i have time and mathematical skills. i also learn extreamly fast so i would be willing to learn new skill sets to help more. let me know if there is anything at all i can do, also i was just wondering if anyone asked the original voice actors that did the official English translation if they would be willing to help with the less then official release?

There was no official translation. If there was I don't know of any VA's.
Nor would it be in their best interest to get involved with a fan translation as SE might see it badly.
Over all, probably not the best idea.

Reactions: Dark Justice X

Kokumotsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

~Sky
oh wow, im dumbfounded, and speechless.
im really glad to see this kind of news, as i am really sad i never could get CWCheat to load custom cheats. so im ecstatic to see this.

and i dont mind the project being under wraps from the project as it is,i feel it would keep attention away from the flooders.
so as long as a little info is updated every now and then id be happy ^_^

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm glad you guys Like it, even though the new merging files can already be released, I would like to wait for something:

Basically, I've heard that the game has some enhancements using some cheats, and I would like to study the possibility of actually integrating those cheats in the game's actual code, so could anybody post all the available cheats for this game?
So far, I've only had a look at the camera enhancement and unfortunately it relied in the CWCheat hotkey system, so there is no way to assign a key to that cheat in the game's code (and permanently activating the cheat in the game's code does not sound like a good idea xD).

~Sky

Reactions: Intranet

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
But do they add things to the game? Or they swap things there? Because if I make a cheat permanent, the swap would be permanent too...

NSRSM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But do they add things to the game? Or they swap things there? Because if I make a cheat permanent, the swap would be permanent too...

L'cie forms is the same as changing costumes except it was configured to use the left and right d-pad inputs to change it to that on the equip screen.

It's something that was delegated to multiplayer only which made no sense to me.

Intranet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm glad you guys Like it, even though the new merging files can already be released, I would like to wait for something:

Basically, I've heard that the game has some enhancements using some cheats, and I would like to study the possibility of actually integrating those cheats in the game's actual code, so could anybody post all the available cheats for this game?
So far, I've only had a look at the camera enhancement and unfortunately it relied in the CWCheat hotkey system, so there is no way to assign a key to that cheat in the game's code (and permanently activating the cheat in the game's code does not sound like a good idea xD).

~Sky

I know what you're talking about SkyBladeCloud. Here is the post made by a user on this thread a while back with the cheats for FF Type-0 you are most likely looking for:

Hi all~ Just found your project here and really appreciate your work =) Im not much of a programmer or fluent in Japanese so im not able to help you guys, but as a longtime Type-0 fan i would have a few suggestions when it comes to the programming. Lately i been using few game changing TempAR cheats to make the game experience even better. Here are few changes i been using:

- Break dmg limit(from 9999 to 99999).
-Better camera handling(can actually zoom into character and things).
-Enable to use technique and magic commands in defense command slot(enables better character customization).
- Able to use l'Cie forms in normal walkthrough, not just in mission mode.
-Able to buy summer outfits(those are not possible to get in the actual game)

This is the site to find all those cheats and many other --> http://inflames.blog90.fc2.com/blog-entry-733.html
Use google translate to navigate if needed =)

This post is directed to SkyBladeCloud since he is your programmer. I dont know if these changes would be possible to put in the game but i have heard that he is a great coder :P

Im at the momet busy with work but i will later post info about how those certain cheats make the gameplay experience much richer and whole game "bigger".

I personally see that the cheats mentioned are obvious in how greatly they would benefit the game in there use & definitely vote for them to be permanently added to the game, if possible. Also I'd like to add that you guys are amazingly awesome for the fan translation you're doing, thank you so much :D Don't mean to sound like a drooling fanboy :P Just wanted to throw my support behind you guys & gals.

Augusta

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks SkyBladeCloud for taking the initiative and stepping up to the forefront to start this project.
Thanks to everyone involved making this possibility a reality.

Regards

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I've been talking with the team and.... While cheats are quite popular, we've decided the merging files should not include them as hardcoded features. So if I have time tomorrow, I'll upload them. Regards:

~Sky

Reactions: Dark Justice X

Intranet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I've been talking with the team and.... While cheats are quite popular, we've decided the merging files should not include them as hardcoded features. So if I have time tomorrow, I'll upload them. Regards:

~Sky

Fair enough. Will the cheats need to be changed or should they work perfectly despite the merging of the discs?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol