Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

Rengoku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I know you don't have an exact date or anything but do you have any ideas how long this whole thing might take? A couple months? a year, maybe?

Thanks.

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
A very long time, that's for sure. Translating, editing and quality checking takes a lot of time. Even official translations take a year or two to do and those guys are paid to do it. For a fan translation it's safe to say it'll take 3-4 times as long. That way, if it comes earlier than that I'll be pleasantly surprised and if it takes longer than that then it's to be expected.

coredecepts

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I know you don't have an exact date or anything but do you have any ideas how long this whole thing might take? A couple months? a year, maybe?

Thanks.
We really have no idea. I mean, we don't know enough about how much work we have ahead of us to even make an estimate. So...we're assuming it's going to be a while!

You might want to do something to pass the time. Like learning an instrument. Or Japanese. That could be useful. :)

Reactions: earlynovfan

earlynovfan

Delusional
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A very long time, that's for sure. Translating, editing and quality checking takes a lot of time. Even official translations take a year or two to do and those guys are paid to do it. For a fan translation it's safe to say it'll take 3-4 times as long. That way, if it comes earlier than that I'll be pleasantly surprised and if it takes longer than that then it's to be expected.
Not necassarily, The translators could be sudden bursts of energy and get more done than an official translator could in a short time. It all depends on how much initiative everyone takes.

Reactions: coredecepts

NSRSM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah we can't give a time table. The game is massive and to prove this I shall post this once more.

197 Videos that have to be translated.
009 Benefit Videos that have to translated.
046 Military Files that have to be translated.
040 Strategy Files that have to be translated.
200 Character Files that have to be translated.
023 Eidolon Files that have to be translated.
081 Enemy Files that have to be translated.
020 System Knowledge Files that have to be translated.
016 Mission Knowledge Files that have to be translated.
021 World Map Knowledge Files that have to be translated.

As well as the rest of the game's data (about 50% of the Game's data, maybe more.)
All the Characters Abilities
All the Items
All the World Map
All the Character's Dialogue
All the Enemies and their Stats
All the Moogle Lessons
All the COMM Messages

Just a rough outlook of everything that would need to be done. So it will take a while.

This game is meant to be comparable to what most would consider a mainline title(and should be considered one regardless of platform)

Thamauturge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah we can't give a time table. The game is massive and to prove this I shall post this once more.

197 Videos that have to be translated.
009 Benefit Videos that have to translated.
046 Military Files that have to be translated.
040 Strategy Files that have to be translated.
200 Character Files that have to be translated.
023 Eidolon Files that have to be translated.
081 Enemy Files that have to be translated.
020 System Knowledge Files that have to be translated.
016 Mission Knowledge Files that have to be translated.
021 World Map Knowledge Files that have to be translated.

As well as the rest of the game's data (about 50% of the Game's data, maybe more.)
All the Characters Abilities
All the Items
All the World Map
All the Character's Dialogue
All the Enemies and their Stats
All the Moogle Lessons
All the COMM Messages

Just a rough outlook of everything that would need to be done. So it will take a while.

This game is meant to be comparable to what most would consider a mainline title(and should be considered one regardless of platform)

Thanks a ton for all the work that you are doing! However, I was keeping the UNO exploit on my Vita for the sole purpose of playing the English patch of this title. Thanks for elaborating; I will probably just update now and find a means to play it a year from now.

Star-scream

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello I was wondering if anyone could tell me ''maybe its me not thinking fully'' lol but I have download the Final Fantasy Type-0 ISO merging file and now I have Eboot.BIN AND THE 2 pics Yellow.fsd and Yellow.pkg do I need to have the (game's ISO too) or is that the full thing with it am a little confused at the minute lol

Dark Justice X

Former Entertainment Guru of Myspace
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But do they add things to the game? Or they swap things there? Because if I make a cheat permanent, the swap would be permanent too...

Please.... I don't want to play the game by cheating through it. I would like to play it as intended by the makers of the game. What's the point in playing a game if you cheat in it? I can see if you've already beat the game before, but not on the first or second playthrough. Please don't make the game easier or anything like that. Please?

EDIT - Nevermind. I see that you've chosen the right thing to do concerning this.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A bit late, but do remember that Ted Woosley translated all of Final Fantasy VI, by himself, in less than 30 days. This includes proofing and reediting.

TheLostSabre

Naberius the Nauseous
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Time have changed; there are now more words than ever before than the 90s.

You shouldn't compare this game to a game that came nearly two decades ago.

joegoku

Final-Fan(tasy)
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Please.... I don't want to play the game by cheating through it. I would like to play it as intended by the makers of the game. What's the point in playing a game if you cheat in it? I can see if you've already beat the game before, but not on the first or second playthrough. Please don't make the game easier or anything like that. Please?

EDIT - Nevermind. I see that you've chosen the right thing to do concerning this.

Those Cheats aren't meant to be super human anyways. It just rises the damage cap from 9999 to 99999, extra Dressing (Swimwear) and so on. Those things aren't available in this game so the consideration was just about that. No infinite health cheat or anything was discussed :)

Reactions: Intranet

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, when I said "cheats", I meant "enhancements", such as summer/mission outfits, damage expansion or controlling guest characters, IMHO there is no point in hard-coding extra help from cheats. But anyway, we've decided that the new merged ISO won't include any cheat of any kind.

~Sky

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
The most likely reason for this project to go down in flames is that merging process. Using an old example of Dark Alex, his CFW updates contained no Sony data and effectively deconstructed and rebuilt their targets (the firmwares)...therefore there was nothing he was providing that was owned by anyone as it was his code.

However, and i may well be wrong, but looking at the merging process here it looks very much like you're providing the disc 2 data. That'll get you shut down as it's using data that's not yours. Would it be feasible for you (Sky) to set up a merging tool to seek certain sections of the ISO's a user provides and merge them/alter them at those points? It seems that it would be a lot more sensible to have a smaller tool which used the data for disc 2 the user has rather than provide it for them (which is a no go). Unless of course i'm wrong and that large size merging utility isn't packed full of Disc 2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Almond Joys got nuts!