Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

TheLostSabre

Naberius the Nauseous
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It just started nearly a month ago. Nothing much has been accomplished in terms of story text. Though technical details about the game has been discussed. :]

SandyFarron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! :) I have another suggestion.

I read very recently that in the "merged UMD" version of the ISO, you currently change the discs by utilizing CWCheat. I know the ability to press a button to switch discs is planned at the end of the project, but perhaps it would be more prudent to think of the testers and add it in now?

I just checked, and the L and R buttons don't seem to do anything on the title screen. Would they work? Press the L Button for Disc 1 and the R Button for Disc 2.

Thank you all so much for all your continued hard work! :)

joegoku

Final-Fan(tasy)
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I would think it is easier to replace the Data install button for an "change disc" button, but thats for sky to decide^^

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Two things -

First if you tamper with the disc change system you may break it for the PSN release which has it incorporated making it the preferable version
Has no one mentioned takka's disc change plugin? That's essentially how people remedied the issue up 'til now.

joegoku

Final-Fan(tasy)
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah, but the problem with this one is, that it changes between two umd Iso's, here we have a merged iso, so u have to point at the 2nd UMD iso wirhout having it (hope u get what I mean). But yes u can use the plugin if u use both UMD's/Iso's instead of the merged one.
Just asking by the way, how did they do it with the download version (PSN Version)? Is it one file or two?

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
IIRC the PSN version are 2 files, one per ISO. Also, the advantage of having the merged ISO is that we only have to translate one game, even with a plugin that changes between both ISO's (or PSN files) we would still have to translate them as if they were 2 different games.

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
I have a question. Do we know how much data is stored in the Install Data? Like I know for some games I was able to mess with the Install Data and could just make patches for that so people who used the physical UMD could also enjoy the patch if they didn't want CFW or couldn't use it.

Eamon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey SkyBladeCloud. Thanks for the great work! I thought Type-0 would never make it onto our western PSP handhelds.

By the way, I downloaded the 7zip split files and joined them together with hjsplit however it fails to extract and encounters an error. I've downloaded again and repeated this process a few times now.

Is it possible for anyone to make a mirror for rar split files or something else? Thanks!

joegoku

Final-Fan(tasy)
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
And u said rar files, so I guess u use win rar? If so, it worked for me just fine (hjsplit 3.0 and then extracted with win rar).
Works just fine.

Nerozaph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
SkyBladeCloud you have my respect :) to be honest you have surpase TruthKey, i talked to him 2 months ago asking if he plans to continue translating the game, for what he told me he said he couldn't translated since the text packs were imposible to translate, and he won't translate it anymore, also you did something that TruthKey didn't do and it's to merge the 2 UMD, you have my respect and you are the hero of many people xD haha seriously

so how's the translate process going? :) you have my best wishes for you to be able to finish it, also i have read the threads about posting a website or a blog about the updates of this translations and you are doing it fine for not to, cuz there are many haters right now going against this kind of this and mess with the team, the Digimon RE: digitize team are having a hard time cuz of that, some of the translators and programmers left the team cuz they lost interest.

i hope the same doesn't happen with this great team n.n

joegoku

Final-Fan(tasy)
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The good thing is, as long as nobody spread this or as long as no Blog or anything like that is established, only people who search for FF Type-0 translation will find this, so only interested people^^. It's a good thing I guess^^

Limecqt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I wish i could do something myself to help :/ unfortunately my skills at understanding japanese are only slightly better then google translate atm and my coding skills are next to nothing.

SilverBlades

lvl 1
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I wish i could do something myself to help :/ unfortunately my skills at understanding japanese are only slightly better then google translate atm and my coding skills are next to nothing.

Hmm... Sky, I can write extraction/insertion tools on C/C /Java/Object Pascal if you share data structure and need some help with it. Unfortunately I am dunno with reverse engineering:wacko:

Kokumotsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow great work, glad to see the merging tool is out ^_^ im currently downloading it, so itll hopefully be done within an hour, maybe quicker if i stop DLC downloading for Borderlands 2 haha.
ill post back to let you guys know if its working

loving this even more and more each day haha
good luck ;P

coredecepts

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the merged ISO working, but I'm struggling to figure out how to insert the cheat values into CWCheat so I can switch discs.

It looks great so far. Running on 660 Pro-B, if that makes a difference.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Inb4 kiiwii gives it a 0/10
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    6/10 rating on steam
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I would like a Predator game "Kill Team" it takes place in the Jungle of the first movie, your team is sent to hunt the predator, using current tech drones and a trained team. Set traps use strategy to hunt and trap or kill the predator.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ill stick with my Battlefield. Yea a predator hunting game like that would be cool. Esp if you can be Arnold and say "Get to da choppa"
    +1
    Maybe Arnold could do a cameo voice acting, he is the one briefing you on the mission
    +1
    Honestly surprised they didn't make a tie in game for Predators that movie was awesome
    I was kinda sad the Yakuza guy died sword fighting a predator lol
    The Russian guy went out like a boss
    Double claymores to the face definitely kill a predator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went today and looked at a motorcycle someone was selling. I get there and the battery on it was dead, so the guy grabbed a battery charger and hooked it up. He plugged it into the wall, and the motorcycle sparked and started smoking. Come to find out the bike uses a 6 volt battery and the guy had the charger set to 12v. I said sorry to the dude and walked away. I felt bad for him tho.
    Sounds like it would be an exciting ride....
    Not sure I would want something on fire between my legs
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He ruined it basically. Sad cause it was a decent old bike. It would take more money to rewire the bike than it was worth tho.
    Yeah I'm sure at minimum the starter was fried
    Alternator and battery
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob alot of fried parts. It was still smoking when I left.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I would've said show me how it rides
    I always wanted one of those Smart Cars with a Hyabusa motor in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm getting sick and tired of cheap ass baking pans now
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think it be cool to have one that would fit in my pickup truck bed, then I could put down ramps n drive it off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Used this one 5 times already impossible to clean
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 I didn't know Sonic serves they food in baking pans.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @K3Nv2 I didn't know Sonic serves they food in baking pans.