Gaming Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection

gogokain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I'm by no means an expert on any of this but I spent a lot of time trying to fix the freeze, so here is my experience. The first time I ran into this was the giant of babil cutscene. No big deal, tried it again, just fine. Then once going to and from the moon (yeah, make sure you save every time before you do this), which confirmed for me it was the cutscenes. I beat the game and it froze on the first ending cutscene (yes sadly there are two), reloaded and it was fine. Beat it again with different characters, just fine. Needed one last character's seal unlocked for the bonus dungeon, and it froze randomly on either cutscene on NINETEEN ATTEMPTS. it's a good thing I love this game or would I have given up. In those 19 attempts I tried both releases, CSOs, compressing myself, fiddled with the clock speed and every combination of firmware settings I could possibly imagine... It doesn't matter, it's either AP or some weird incompatibility with 5.50 prom 4. I'm betting the former.

Deleting or dummying the movies doesn't work, it won't just skip them. What I did to get around the ending finally was replacing the two ending movies, END.pmf and Misidia.pmf, with ZOT.pmf. This will drastically reduce the odds of a freeze, as Zot is only about two seconds long and the other two are much, much longer. It isn't an elegant solution, as the sound will be out of sync for the whole ending and the text crawl for the legend will run over the actual in game ending stuff, but at least you can get through it all the way.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm betting the latter--the developers aren't going to test on an obsolete firmware version. Those are the risks with using unintended hardware/software.

But I like your fix. The cutscenes in the game are pretty terrible and should be skipable anyway--I'm wondering if these ports are Square's way of vetting new employees. In fact I never cared much for the FFIV ending. It always seemed long and uninteresting, even when I was eleven and playing it on the SNES.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The problem is there is a bunch of post-game content. Completing the main story opens a new location with character-specific quests. You have to beat the game a minimum of three times to access all of them.

RyuKisargi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been getting the same freeze myself (Specifically the Leviathian Ship-sinking).

I'm just gonna wait for the US release and see if that fixes it. For all we know, it could be because it's a japanese copy.
tongue.gif

demitrius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could just play After Years and Interlude, AFAIK those dont have any videos.

FF4 you are better off playing GBA version (Euro version cause it fixes some bugs).

keine

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are you supposed to walk noticeably slower in towns versus the overworld or in a building? For some reason walking in Kaipo is slow......er.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
K GUYS

The (EUR) version is out. It doesn't seem much different than the (J) version though. English, Japanese, and French for the languages (odd mix if you ask me). If somebody wants to give this a go and give the heads up if there is any freezing, it would be much appreciated. I would try it myself, but my memory stick is more than a little bit full.

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
This game is just SO good. It's my first time playing it properly, where i havn't quite a third of the way in lol. Probably because i love my PSP so the incentive is there
biggrin.gif

monkyc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i had the same problem with the jap iso/cso of the game but i opened the iso/cso with UMD gen V4 and then on bottom folder clicked on expand then on movies folder and extracted to pc the one named ZOT.pmf... then on pc copied it again the one extracted and renamed one as Misidia.pmf and the other as END.pmf, then on umd gen v4 deleted the ones named Misidia and END, and replaced them with the ZOT ones renamed on my pc, so you have the same video names but it will now play the plain flying to the tower and there you go, no more frezze.

Do this on every video that is frezzing, including the giant of babil, and there you go, you can complete the game with no frezze.

I tested it, and it worked, i now completed 2 times the end with al the chars, no frezze, and the lunar ruin is now opened 100%.

hope it could help some of you with the ploblem... byebye!!!
smile.gif
yaypsp.gif

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
This game is so awesome! :yaypsp:
I think they did a good job on the 2D graphics, but they should have done more with the power of the PSP IMHO. More cutscenes (I'm 4 hours far in the game and haven't encountered any?) immediately comes to mind.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.