Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm gonna try Final Fantasy! (:
I have some questions though ;
Do the plot of Final Fantasy games continue on? Like, if I didn't play the one before I wouldn't get the story?

Also, which is better, Final Fantasy III or IV?

Thanks!

sword414

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Exbaddude said:
Do the plot of Final Fantasy games continue on? Like, if I didn't play the one before I wouldn't get the story?

No,each Final Fantasy has a completely different story,

but there are some exceptions, but they will be specifically marked with which entry it is a sequel to
- Final Fantasy X-2
- Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cereberus
- Final Fantasy IV: The After Years

Youngguns666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think you should choose FFIV. Great story, good gameplay, charismatic characters, and nice graphics. Also, it was my first FF game, and I loved (still loving) it.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
I'd say FFIV is better, but it's much better to play on the GBA than the DS. I forget if FFIII is on the DS, but odds are there's a better way to play it than on the DS.
FFIII is on DS and its a remake of the original game and its the real FFIII its not the FFIII that was really FFVI

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
3 is easier, and there are classes, but you are stuck with the four same people the whole game.
4 is harder since it's Active Time Battle, there are no classes but 10 characters that come and go throughout the story. Also, you can have five people in your party at one time. There is an auto-battle function for boring battles, and the story is much deeper.

Those are the main differences in my opinion.

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
nope, they are all seperate stories.

As for which FF to try, i would say go for FF4, to me, FF3 was a tad too short for my liking, i can remember clearing it within 60 hours, might have been 40/50...

Either way, FF4 is a lot more epic, and well, to me, FF4 is less grindy, since u dont have to retrain every job class for completion sake.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Porygonal said:
Why waste time with those old FFs?The only ones that really even matter are 7 on up.

Honestly, 7 is not the best or even close to the best in the series. It's a fine game on its own, but 4 and 6 beat it out. When you peel away all the fanboyisms, 7 is kind of average, good but average. 8 I found just terrible overall. 9 is good, but mostly because it's sort of a tribute to the old games. I've tried 10 and so far it's fun, but still not up there with great ones like the SNES titles.

On topic-

I'd try both, they're completely different. I enjoy 3 for the customizable job system and general fun gameplay, but the story is weak, at least with the main characters. FF4 has some really nice character development. The story and character classes i found more linear though, more so than other Final Fantasy games.

Exbaddude

The Prince.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
mrfatso said:
nope, they are all seperate stories.

As for which FF to try, i would say go for FF4, to me, FF3 was a tad too short for my liking, i can remember clearing it within 60 hours, might have been 40/50...

Either way, FF4 is a lot more epic, and well, to me, FF4 is less grindy, since u dont have to retrain every job class for completion sake.

Is FFIV longer though?

Porygonal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno,the old ones seem a little on the boring side to me after playing 7 and so on.Just too old school.And I'm not a FF7 fanboy lol I don't even think it's the best game like some people do.

clonesniper666

KRII LUN AUS
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Porygonal said:
Why waste time with those old FFs?The only ones that really even matter are 7 on up.

You have never played any older Final Fantasy have you,Porygonal.

On topic: FF 4 if you want a good story and FF 3 if you want more customization for the characters.
Just remember that 4 for the ds is the hard type version of the game, hence GBA is better and easier as well.
But if you have a way to play GBA roms then play FF6, in my opinion it has the best story of any FF game to date.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Porygonal said:
I dunno,the old ones seem a little on the boring side to me after playing 7 and so on.Just too old school.And I'm not a FF7 fanboy lol I don't even think it's the best game like some people do.
well a lot of us grew up playing the original FF so we can easily go back and play any of them

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Porygonal said:
If you think they're boring, you must not have played any before 7. 7 can be quite boring after a while. It hasn't aged well either compared to older games. Final Fantasy 6 honestly never gets boring and i feel the same about 4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-