Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles..... DLC?

Ekardo_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I see that for Crystal Chronnicles there are two "games" in the WiiWare collection: My life as a Darklord and My life as a King

However, in both cases I see that there is a normal verison and another one tagged as DLC.

What are those? some kind of DLCs for Chrystal Chronicles: Chrystal Bearer game disk or are they DLCs for eachother?

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neither, My life as a Darklord and My life as a King are standalone Wiiware games, among the biggest ever released for the 'platform'. They each have their own DLC.

EDIT: They might confer some kind of DLC-esque benefit to Crystal Chronicles when installed, that I don't know about. But they're definitely their own freestanding games.

Ekardo_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Neither, My life as a Darklord and My life as a King are standalone Wiiware games, among the biggest ever released for the 'platform'. They each have their own DLC.

EDIT: They might confer some kind of DLC-esque benefit to Crystal Chronicles when installed, that I don't know about. But they're definitely their own freestanding games.
All right got it, thanks a lot!

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
They are dlc for the downloadable games, for example in My Life As A King, you only have Clavate citizens in the game originally, but the DLC gave you the possibility to create homes for the other tribes.

Stingy to cut 3 of the 4 tribes associated with Crystal Chronicles and then ask for extra money for it, but such is the usual nature of DLC often enough...

Reactions: Ekardo_

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Considering that Crystal Chronicles is a GameCube game, the only way to do that would be save editing by the My Life As games.

...A Crystal Chronicles Wiimake would have gone hard though, especially if done right. A pity it never happened.

Just imagine having all the features of the GCN release (Yes, this includes full support for loading from and saving to GCN memory cards, as well as GBA linkup and GCN controllers) along with online/network play, DS linkup, and the natural support for Wiimotes and System Memory saves.

Reactions: Ekardo_

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering that Crystal Chronicles is a GameCube game, the only way to do that would be save editing by the My Life As games.
OP brought up and I was referring to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Crystal_Chronicles:_The_Crystal_Bearers
Just imagine having all the features of the GCN release (Yes, this includes full support for loading from and saving to GCN memory cards, as well as GBA linkup and GCN controllers) along with online/network play, DS linkup, and the natural support for Wiimotes and System Memory saves.
I always hoped that the scene would crack Wii>DS download play to open up the possibility of the GC-GBA connectivity games like FF:CC and Four Swords being updated to work with a non-absurd hardware configuration.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: :tpi: