darkx12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone
I am playing through Final Fantasy 9 for the first time and I think I really messed up.
According to the walkthrough here: http://www.ffinsider.net/final-fantasy-9/walk.php
I finished Pinnacle Rocks, but somehow skipped Chocobo Forest and went straight to Fossil Roo. I completed Fossil Roo and went to Conde Petie, but of course I can't do anything there because I haven't completed the previous quests. I tried going back to Fossil Roo, but the tunnel is blocked off and I can't go back.
Chocobo Forest is on the other island. Is there any way I can travel between the islands without going to Fossil Roo?
I am playing on the playstation 2 console so downloading another save game probably is not an option.

Up to this point I have really been enjoying this game. I would hate to have to restart, but if I have to then I will.

If anyone has any advice I would be extremely grateful. Thanks!!

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
The Chocobo Forests are just Minigame hotspots. What is it that you can't do in Conde Petie?

darkx12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can talk to people, but to progress further into the town they say I can not pass.
They tell me to go to "Sootheast Forest" but when I go in the world map and head in that direction the road is blocked.
It looks like I skipped this entire section http://www.ffinsider.net/final-fantasy-9/walk2-7.php
and went directly to Fossil Roo. After completed Fossil Roo the cave got blocked off.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
The Chocobo Forest sections aren't really related directly to the story of the main game...they're just for Chocographs at this stage. What you need to do is to wander around at the end of the long forest on that island. There should be a "?" cue around there somewhere which i think is what you need to do now.

darkx12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I am glad to hear that.
I have explored everything I can in the world map and I am not seeing anything.
All I see is Qu's Marsh, Fossil Roo, and Conde Petie.
I will keep looking. I just hate all these stupid random battles every 5 steps i take. >.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."