final fantasy 8 on psp

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by anthony001, Sep 2, 2010.

1. anthony001
    OP

anthony001 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 19, 2007
    i heard many that some users encounters freezes on this game is it true? cuz i really hate to do the whole chickhen all over again.
    can anyone guide me on the do's and don't or is there a better way to play this game on the psp?

2. Mesiskope

Mesiskope Banned

Banned
    Jul 30, 2008
    United States
    Union Hotel
    Yes it is ture, I know that you shouldn't use any healing or attacking during boss battles. and if that fails turn off the psp drill a tiny hole through the psp....shit head.

3. ragingchaosgod

ragingchaosgod JUBILEUS QAAL OVOF VOMSARG

Dec 20, 2008
    Oh cmon, Mesiskope. Take it easy.

Anyway... so far, I've heard people say Scan and Draw cause their PSP to freeze but I hear it's playable. Though... being unable to scan or draw kinda makes things kinda hella harder for me. XD;;

4. prowler

prowler Sony

Jul 14, 2009
    Ragol
    There is a PSN version of this game out, right?
    If so, download the PSN version.

No problems.

5. ragingchaosgod

Dec 20, 2008
    o.o really? PSN version had no problems? I saw some comments on the torrent site I use that they had the same problems... Should give that another look see!

6. Overlord Nadrian

Overlord Nadrian Banned

Banned
    Jul 28, 2008
    Belgium
    Riviera
    Problem is, the PSN version is the one that causes the freezes.

You can find some patched versions of FFVIII on the web, but ironically I haven't found any that get past the 'New Game' option properly.

7. ragingchaosgod

Dec 20, 2008
    DX Bargh. FF7 and 9 didn't have any problems.

8. Leamonde.Halcyon

Leamonde.Halcyon 6x9=42

Apr 16, 2008
    United States
    6x9=42
    There are versions converted from the psx isos that work quite a bit better. I had a set in single disc eboots where draw/scan worked just fine for me. I had the occasional random freeze but nothing that couldn't be dealt with by saving often. Search around and see what you can find.

9. Madridi

Madridi Card Collector

May 9, 2008
    Qatar
    Doha
    Guys, you seem to have alot of misinformation.
    - Yes, there is a PSN version
    - The PSN version works perfectly on 6.xx firmware. Since all CFW are 5.xx it will still have freezes
    - Reason for these freezes is that 5.xx modules are a bit buggy
    - I hear people recommending using a converted eboot instead of the PSN one so that you can keep choosing different versions of POPS with popsloader, but honestly I wasnt really bothered with that.
    - I'm playing the game now (5.00 M33-6, about 11 hours in), Draw has NO FREEZES. However casting some spells might freeze it (scan worked fine for me, but I only tried it one time, cure and its derivatives work fine, shell freezes .. 2 moves by all monsters I faces so far freezes it)

So basically, if you have the patience for it. It's playable (at least it is playable up to this point)

edit: damn, finally an unavoidable crash.. It crashes on Irvines introduction fmv [​IMG]

10. Intimidator88

Intimidator88 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 7, 2008
    United States
    Virginia
    So i can play it on my psp if i update to the newest firmware and buy it off psn? Would i be able to go back to my custom firmware if i done this i got a pandora battery and 8 gig magic memory stick. If so how would i go about doing this?

11. prowler

prowler Sony

Jul 14, 2009
    Ragol
    If it's hackable, yes. Check the stickys.
    Way to bump a thread btw.