Hacking Final Fantasy 4 Problem!

jocelyn77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Final Fantasy 4 just came out, and i got a rom of it and it doesnt work! it just goes to a blank screen when i try to load it. im not sure if i got a bad rom or what, but does anyone else have this problem? im downloading a new rom of it now, so ill see how that goes. but besides that does anyone know what to do?

blechner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This has happened to me too. I try to load the game and a white screen appears! I have a slot-2 G6 flash card and I am sure I have the latest version of the loader and the PC software. This flash card is old but it has been working fine so far... I am affraid that the G6 team is not giving support anymore... Maybe someone will fix this, I mean, the rom was released only 2 days ago... I tried to google this problem but I couldn't find anything... please help!

nezman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a R4DS and a SuperCard DSONE and Final Fantasy IV works perfectly on both
cool.gif
!!!

NMLZ

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having the same problem. I used the trimmer as posted above, but it still doesn't work. the game freezes in a white screen right at the beginning. some help is appreciated.
thanks

jocelyn77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, i trimmed my rom too, but it still wont work! i dont understand what you mean by "safe mode," so can you please explain? i reallyyy want this game it looks amazinggg, and i might actually have to resort to buying it
ohmy.gif

EDIT: OMG OMG OMG! i actually got it to work! i just got the new xmenu.dat file and put it on my firecard, and then i tried FF4 again, and it worked! yay! and you can either use a trimmed rom or an untrimmed rom.

heres the link to the new xmenu 2.55: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=2304
You dont really need to read all that text (at least i didnt have to). Just put the new xmenu on your ncard/clone, replacing your old one! also put the autorun.nds, and start up your ds. go to the menu and upgrade it when it asks you to. delete it after you upgrade it or else it will automatically go to that screen when you go to the menu. and now when you try final fantasy, it will work!

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...The FFIV fix for N-Cards was provided months ago as Xmenu 2.54. You can't all be telling me you haven't upgraded your XMenus since December...

jocelyn77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
umm, no i havent upgraded my xmenu EVER. well besides today. and i got my firecard in january. i never upgraded it because i didnt have any problems with the old xmenu.

draconk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

you need to edit the global.ini in the DSYSTEM folder in your ncard clone

Code:
[DLDI]
;¶Ô×ÔÖÆÈí¼þÌṩDLDI FATÖ§³Ö£¬²Ëµ¥ÄÚ×Ô¶¯´òdldi²¹¶¡
ENABLE=1
;DLDIÊÇ·ñÖ§³ÖдÈ빦ÄÜ,´ò¿ªÐ´ÈëºóMS¿ÉÒÔÖ§³ÖÊéÇ©£¬µ«ÊÇijЩ¸ñʽµÄÊÓƵ»áÍÏÂý
WRITEABLE=1
you need to change the 1 to 0
Code:
ENABLE=0
WRITEABLE=0

your homebrews doesn't work if you do this (you need to change the 0 to 1)

blechner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry for the delay...
I've been busy (playing FFIV)
yaynds.gif

Let me explain. If you are using a slot-2 G6 flash, you are probably using G6 U-Disk Manager to upload games to your flash. In the main window, click "write" then select the FFIYV rom. Now, another window will pop-up. Browse the tabs and you will find one of them in which there is a checkbox like this: "safe mode (no soft reset)" or something similar. Enable this checkbox. In another tab there is a checkbox like this: "trim rom". I am not really sure about the checkbox titles because I do not have the G6 Manager installed in this computer but I think there are only 4 tabs... so it is impossible not to find these settings. After enabling both checkboxes, just continue the copy procedure (I think it is an "OK" button) and the game will work.
I am assuming you (G6 owners) have either a flashed DS or some kind of slot-1 passcard.
Only now I noticed that this is not the right topic to post G6 troubleshooting, so I m sorry for that too...
unsure.gif

I hope this helps.
Have fun!

Roanstalker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Umm I've just got to the lower world and during the cutscene, after seeing the tanks firing a black screen comes up and I cant do anything! Do I need to upgrade anything?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, don't impregnate her +1