Files automatically deleting

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Owenge, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Owenge
    OP

Owenge GbaTemp browser

Feb 13, 2017
    United States
    ◤__◥
    Hey
    So my vita (H-encore and enso) has been randomly deleting saves, roms, and sometimes games just stop working. I am using SD2Vita with 64 GB and a 4GB memory card. Thanks in advance
    -Owenge

2. Owenge
    OP

Owenge GbaTemp browser

Feb 13, 2017
    United States
    ◤__◥
    Anyone?

3. onibaku

onibaku GBAtemp Regular

Aug 15, 2007
    Hmm is it a new micro sd card? Did you run a test on your micro sd card? I usually use the h2testw programme. I know that lots of fake micro sd cards cause these types of issues.

4. Owenge
    OP

Owenge GbaTemp browser

Feb 13, 2017
    United States
    ◤__◥
    This one has been tested and is real. I don't think the SD card is the problem

5. onibaku

onibaku GBAtemp Regular

Aug 15, 2007
    Ah alright, well unfortunately I have no idea.. wish I could help more..

I'm assuming you've been successfully using SD2Vita for a while before these issues started happening?

Could it perhaps be an issue with the sd2vita adapter, do you have another one at hand to test?

Have you changed/added/installed any plugins or configurations or applications before this started happening?

I still have a strong feeling that something is wrong with your Micro sd card... you could try backing up whatever data is available and reformat the micro sd card, see if the issues persist.

Owenge likes this.
  6. Owenge
    OP

Owenge GbaTemp browser

Feb 13, 2017
    United States
    ◤__◥
    Thank you for trying
    I noticed it with my first sd2vita so i grabbed another one I had and the same thing happened (except games now load faster). I first thought it was a plugin problem so I looked and decided to completely format the vita and SD.... sadly it was a waste of my time....

7. onibaku

onibaku GBAtemp Regular

Aug 15, 2007
    That sucks... No worries, hopefully someone else will comment with a solution! From what I'm reading, its possible that your micro sd card may have corrupted beyond repair.. let's hope that's not the case.. If you do have another micro sd card at hand I suppose it may be worth testing (just to try and isolate the issue)

Owenge likes this.
  8. Panzer_Baboon

Panzer_Baboon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2017
    United States
    That sure sounds a lot like an issue with a bad SD card. I have a SanDisk that does exactly that.