Hardware file is too large for the destination file system 2ds

Kitsune6

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
alright so i have this 128gb card and i formatted in godmode so the card works, however when i try to drop a file on the root of my sd card on my pc it gives me this error File is too large for the destination file system i tried looking up videos and theres a fix to format it from fat 32 to ntfs with the allocation to default. but when i do that and insert my sd card back to my ds, it says that it cant read the sd card. can someone tell me how to format my sd that works on my 2ds and also lets me drag files larger than 4gb?

Kitsune6

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Are you trying to copy a CIA file or a 3DS file? Because the CIA should be about 3.8GB
3ds file

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Not sure if a trim size cia format of the game would work for you or not, too bad freeshop no longer give first party Nintendo game.
ikm it sucks

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is not 4GB though, I don't know why is your 4GB

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    44.3 KB · Views: 501

Kitsune6

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Don't do that, your CFW will not be able to use that file. You need to convert it to a CIA file or download the CIA file.
I ussually pass em 3ds to the out folder of gm9 and convert them tp cias in god mode.

In case you want convert your *.3ds to a *.cia, someone earlier this week had the same issue.
Thanks man i'll check it out

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I ussually pass em 3ds to the out folder of gm9 and convert them tp cias in god mode.

Thanks man i'll check it out
I mean you can do that, but you are going to have to trim the ROM to make it work with FAT32. Or simply convert it using the program I posted

Reactions: Kitsune6

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Those IHOP chips are actually pretty damn good
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They're made with left over pancake/wafle batter, that's been sitting out all day.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    3 hours on a riding lawn mower, my butt is numb and my whole body is still vibrating. Gonna be a long summer. :cry: I just need to buy some goats.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Did you leave your buttplug in?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi
    +3
  • Flame @ Flame:
    Ancientboi at it again.
    +2
  • Flame @ Flame:
    is it a bird is it a plane... no its Ancientboi banging your ass away !
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Took along time to fit it in?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Snow days $25 on steam may grab it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics...