1. wildwarria

OP wildwarria Member
    Newcomer

United States
    R4i Gold 3DS is currently running on NDS but can not on 3DS with latest firmware

3DS = ver. 5.1.0-11U
    Wood = WOOD R4 V1.58
    3DS R4I = V4.4.0-10 Patch for R4i Gold 3DS

Neither patch is updating R4 on NDS saying it is a invalid card
    R4iGold3DS_3DS44_Patch_NDSL.nds
    R4iGold_3DS45_NDSi145_Patcha_NDSL.nds
    R4iGold_3DS45_NDSi145_Patcha_NDSi.nds

Which file listed above is needed for card to run on 3DS

Thanks in advance

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

United States
    What site is printed on the cart?

3. ichidansan

ichidansan GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Im having a similar problem. it prompts the update on the NDS then restarts itself after a white screen. but when put into the 3ds it wont start with the hold power button error. it is the pink dorasu icon from support v4.3.0-10 is there a different kernal I should download to update it? or am i just stuck with using it on my original DS? site is r4ids.cn the card is r4i gold 3ds

-edit
    maybe im not using the correct nds patch file? if thats the case which one is the correct one from the site's downloads?
    -edit 2
    great, not its stuck on a black screen, and windows wants to format the disk! yay >_> now how am I gonna save the data on it....

--edit 3

so yea, im totally F*, start to update, and it "Failed press Key_A" every time. tried using my old r4 to do the swap update it mentions, same deal. the r4igold 3ds cart has a C on it, but im guessing its one of those bunk ones that just so happens to not work correctly.

Draft saved Draft deleted