Gaming Fighting/Beat em ups??

Kyuzumaki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know streetfighter alpha 3 was made for the GBA, as was an aweful version of mortal kombat and, tekken, but are there any fighting games for the DS??
blink.gif

Knab

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i wish there was some decent fighter not made off anime, dont get me wrong i like anime, but in not a fan of games being made after a show or movie.

i want a good old 2d street fighter the stuff i grew up on, not guilty gears, or an anime fighter those always seem to disapoint me.

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
didn't rare state that they where going to develop 2 games? well the first one was didy kong racing maybe the next one will be... KILLER INSTINCT!

Resident0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yeah the GBA version of Mortal Kombat was god awful, the controls were totally out of wack and the game engine didnt even FEEL like MK.

It was so crap.

Kyuzumaki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm sad really the ds has so much more potential in terms of fighting games with wi-fi, more buttons and it's bigger screen.

Is emulating the megadrive or supernintendo versions possible currently?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems I remember hearing about a King of Fighters game that is supposed to be in development.....

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
didn't rare state that they where going to develop 2 games? well the first one was didy kong racing maybe the next one will be... KILLER INSTINCT!
I'm betting on Donkey Kong 64 seeing Rares own characters are under Microsofts hooded claw even though someone did state that some Rare creations may appear on DS I really doubt it would be Killer Instinct or the sequel, I have read a year ago that they didnt have any plans to bring Killer Instinct franchise back in the nearby future.

As for King of Fighters it wasnt officially confirmed, someone from SNK said something like "expect an announcement for a KoF on the DS soon) that was in April...last year I guess it would've been canned as nothing has been said. There was rumblings of a brand new DS Mortal Kombat.

Is it me or every week someone asks about a racing games or fighting games? Meh no harm done.
wink.gif

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah the GBA version of Mortal Kombat was god awful, the controls were totally out of wack and the game engine didnt even FEEL like MK.

It was so crap.

Waht version of Mortal Kombat do you mean? I guess MK Advance.
Still, MK: Deadly Alliance and Tournament Edition were OK, off course, those were ports of the next gen (now the old gen) games.

I really think Tekken was a great fighting game on the GBA, along with Super Street Fighter II Turbo Revival (didn't like the controls on the GBA Alpha version).
gba.gif

About fighting games on the DS, I think there is a Guilty Gear game, it must be OK.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EA are currently developing Marvel Nemesis 2 for various platforms, perhaps they'll bring it to the DS. Whatever I hope it isnt as terrible as the 1st one.

I really wish that Capcom got the Marvel licence again, Sega and Activision have most of them but Capcom would do a much better job and bring back some of those brilliant fighters they did for the Arcades.

Kyuzumaki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it me or every week someone asks about a racing games or fighting games? Meh no harm done.
wink.gif

I did search first but I....ehem may have only looked at first 2 pages of results...
unsure.gif

I really think Tekken was a great fighting game on the GBA, along with Super Street Fighter II Turbo Revival (didn't like the controls on the GBA Alpha version).
gba.gif

I'm a Tekken fan.......it was the last game I played in my ps2 before it decide to melt in feb
cry.gif

The GBA version was an impressive attempt at recreating Tekken both graphically and control wise. My problem with it was I felt no satisfaction when I won, don't know why, probably just me.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
The GBA version was an impressive attempt at recreating Tekken both graphically and control wise. My problem with it was I felt no satisfaction when I won, don't know why, probably just me.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I definitely wasn't the same Tekken experience as on the PS2, BUT it doesn't mean that it wasn't a bad game, I mean it was a GBA, and at that time there weren't good fighting games.
I can also say that it was too easy, and really short lived, BUT it gave me some sweet brief moments.
wub.gif
I don't recall any other fighting game I enjoyed as much as Tekken Advance on my GBA (and showing my friends that Tekken was running on my GBA always got a "wow" from them... ahh.. the memories
wink.gif
)

aligborat69

Trophies
XP
Country
Street Fighter II Turbo SNES emulated on DS is lovely!

You could always play the Rushing Beat SNES games too, then theres Streets of Rage series with Megadrive/Genesis Emulator!

I can never and will never tire of Street Fighter 2 and i went on a few trips over the last year, and every single time, i played Street Fighter 2 on the flights on my DS.

:-)

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bleach is by far the best. And guilty gear: dust strikers looks interesting.

On a side note, who came up with the clever idea of naming their games so they start with D and S?
Dust Strikers, Dual Sympathy, Deadly Silence, Dual Strike... pfft!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I had one it was fun lol