FFX HD New Trailer with release date

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, I wondered why she acted so derpy, now I know :P Glad they stopped the Final Fantasy XIII Lightning bullshit, she was overrated and didn't really need spin off games for her. I doubt they will ever remake FFVII
I am fully convinced that Yuna did more than just pray to the guardians to get those summons. :ph34r: I would not be surprised if she never legitimately passed a drug test.
Tidus is an irredeemably stupid bastard with daddy issues out the ass.
Rikku is a poster child for the amber alert, especially considering how thoroughly square sexualized her, and her canonical age during the events in game.
If Wakka could be instructed enough to complete an IQ test, it would come back negative... in 1464, much less 2013.
Blitzball was awful, pointless, and unbelievably broken and unplayable.

I've actively avoided Playing FF XIII, since it denigrates the good name of the other XIII game. That said, FF X betrayed everything that I enjoyed about the Final Fantasy franchise (core games) by being so heinously on-rails that it made Starfox on SNES feel like GTA 3.

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I enjoyed the shit out of X-2, but the only thing I remember about it are the dress sphere, which is probably the only reason any teenage boys at the time played it.

kakashi919

Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
Would have been a better choice to remake FF6...the best in the franchise imo. Had everything right,story,characters,dungeon crawling...geez. Instead we get the one with a million useless cut scenes and annoying characters :glare:

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Listening to the first couple of seconds reminded me why I avoided this game (other than the reviews, the fact that I didn't have a PS2 etc.).

Dat Voice Acting, ermegherd.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"I WILL DEFEAT SIN!" - holy crap, err... alright lady, Westboro's that way, go on ahead. :mellow:

Other than DiMaggio, none of the voice actors are of good repute and just whiny turds lol :rofl2: Every time I hear Wakka, I can't help but think of Bender from Futurama, just can't take it seriously. I mean, sure it was "groundbreaking" for being the first FF game with voice actors, but come on! Whiny protagonists can't be taken seriously.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A game in which you save the world using an "underwater rugby" ball can't be taken seriously, the_randomizer. :rofl2:
And a poorly programmed one at that.

Of all the Final Fantasy mini-games that I have played, it is without hyperbole the worst that I've had to endure. Yes, worse than Triple Triad, even. The 15-piece puzzle in the first Final Fantasy only really gets a pass because it was done within the well-known limitations of the Famicom/NES hardware, and at a time when the company was literally betting the farm on it.

The Sphere grid might have been thought of as an ingenious way to really change things up regarding developing your characters, but for all the positives people bring up about it, what it does ends up making all the characters feel even more generic and expendable/replaceable than the Materia system in Final Fantasy VII. At the least the different limit breaks specific to each character did far more to make each one unique and valuable in battle (except for the obligatory worthless character).

The Final Fantasy franchise has previously had a strong exploration aspect. Even with the initial portion leading up to when you leave Midgar for the first time in VII, at least the game felt like it was taking the first step into that larger world you'd have available to explore. Final Fantasy X only really showed that big world in a map screen, but never let you explore any of it. You were so on rails, it wasn't even funny. Not only that, but the game actively seemed to discourage any kind of real exploration, since most of your destinations were blocked off beyond the path that you were intended to go.

The fact that you couldn't really understand anything that the Al bhed were saying unless you then did a new game + is obnoxious, especially when the game made it so frustrating to deal with its nonsense the first time around, ESPECIALLY the god-awful story. And each successive entry seems to have intentionally gotten worse. The amount of blatant plotholes in a given cutscene of any recent numbered Final Fantasy ( FF XIII being the worst offender that I've witnessed ) seems like their writers failed basic storytelling, or like they're trying to use an alpha build of some kind of auto-story-tron program/system to generate the plot and story arcs for their games, and nobody's bothered to update it or do any kind of proof-reading whatsoever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol