Status
Not open for further replies.

Solariz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
im sorry, i was kinda in a hurry that time.
well its about the patch u release deufeufeu (0.2.4 patch it with a ffta2 rom)
that's exactly the problem.
Just use a v0.1 patched rom instead of 0.2.4 and everything will work (translated images ingame yay)^^
(i guess it's because, if you've patched the rom with >0.1 the rom size won't be 128 MB anymore)

reilina

just a neophyte...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ei solariz where in the msgs table can i change the string namesabilities such
return fire, reflex, immunity etc.

deufeufeu thanks and sorry i didnt knw it was a known error

nvm solariz i found it.

GoDoFCh33se

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once i extracted the zip file, and ran the exe, it gave me an error and this was what the log had to say:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "main.py", line 4, in
File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 82, in load_module
File "wx\__init__.pyo", line 45, in
File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 82, in load_module
File "wx\_core.pyo", line 4, in
File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 98, in load_module
ImportError: MemoryLoadLibrary failed loading wx\_core_.pyd

any ideas why?

YamiYaiba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have three fairly noobish questions...

1. In the editor program, does the "Fetch DB" update the editor's databases to whatever the current progress is? And...

2. Also in the editor program, all of the japanese font comes out as a bunch of squares...anyone else have this problem or a solution? And finally...

3. In the game, all of what was once japanese is now english letters...mostly in random gibberish...is this connected with the above problem?

Thank you.Â
bow.gif

I'm also experiencing #3 on my M3 Lite. Is it supposed to be this way right now, or did I mess something up in the patching. Also, I kinda miss the graphic hacks. I sorta depended on the job translations in the equipment to see what I had for whom. Is there a way to combine the old patch with this one AND still be able to use my old save file?

Thanks in advance for the help guys.

warbird

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If the japanese is left in the rom after patching, it becomes giberish. (e.g. a text table containing japanese was excluded from the patching process, so it was left untouched.) this is because we've (deufeufeu) changed the japanese font, into high frequency letter pairs. So instead of having lots of japanese characters we wont use, we have changed them into pairings like "it" and "to" etc etc... this is to combat space issues. ("i"+"t" is twice as big as "it").

All japanese thats in tables included in the patch, should be converted into periods, so you only see text like ...................................

Saves should be independent of the patch, so any save should work for any patched or unpatched version (we hope)

warbird

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you should always patch using a clean rom as source. I think its possible to patch over an already patched one, but why take the risk?

Saves from patch X should also be compatible with patch X+1

GoDoFCh33se

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how come when i patch the game and try to run it on my m3 simply, it says the game data is somehow corrupt. if it helps im using the 0.4 release.

2wirends

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe a more detailed explanation of what steps you took would help.

For me, patch Clean rom with v.1

Load the ffta2editor v.6
Update database
Patchrom
Patch rom for Supercard
and it loads...

VGK

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. The editor itself is excellent, however whenever I try to compile the rom with the files, it always seems to crash at "saving rom" (I think, the last step).

Any ideas?

HazeyTheLazy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
His editor is good, BUT my homie was playing my file and said it freezed after alot of missions!
-Me and my room'ies altogether have 1Cyclo DS 2M3 DS REAL 3M3 DS SIMPLY & he said it freezez on all of em

-MAYBE PPF Patching worked better maybe?

warbird

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A text alignment issue caused freezing in earlier versions of the editor. This issue has been resolved in the newest source release.

Edit: I mean freezes ingame, by roms patched by the editor

D

Deleted User

OP
@VGK : it might be multiple things : have you got the right to write in the same directory your rom is located ? have you enough free space ? Can you test from another hard drive ? By the way does it freezes ? does it crashes ? IF it crashes can I get the log ?

His editor is good, BUT my homie was playing my file and said it freezed after alot of missions!
-Me and my room'ies altogether have 1Cyclo DS 2M3 DS REAL 3M3 DS SIMPLY & he said it freezez on all of em

-MAYBE PPF Patching worked better maybe?
Beware of HaZeY multiple personnalities !
No freeze here HaZeY and the save you send me (from another person having like you the strange habit to prefix his sentence with a minus - , and whose save has HaZeY as the main character... come on...) is not really useful if you want me to investigate this just make a quicksave before giving deathblow to the last monster. This way I can check quickly.

HazeyTheLazy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brosky(Deufeufeu) Why r u such an ass? WHY do you find all my topics and FLAME them? Can you just LEAVE ME ALONE??
-AND-Obviously EVERYBODY HAS errors extracting scripts, Also like how all you applications cause FREEZING.
-QUIT FLAMING ME! LEAVE ME ALONE!

HazeyTheLazy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[[/quote]
Beware of HaZeY multiple personnalities !
No freeze here HaZeY and the save you send me (from another person having like you the strange habit to prefix his sentence with a minus - , and whose save has HaZeY as the main character... come on...) is not really useful if you want me to investigate this just make a quicksave before giving deathblow to the last monster. This way I can check quickly.

[/quote] Sorry numnuts that im in college and me and my roomates can only SHARE a DS! just like we SHARE OUR 360! and SHARE OUR PS3! and SHARE OUR Wii! So sorry that were not as wealthy as you the moment b/ we're in college. U got some nerve frenchy

(Had to add this with edit) "AND u have no common sence man under my contacts at my websit it mentions 'Jim Pimmer' aka(Opie The Dopey) right in my contacts, DO YOU NOT GET IT.. 'My Room'ies' a DIRECT quote??? a 'roomie' is a person that lives with you"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ