FFTA general help

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by ggKfc, Jul 19, 2008.

Jul 19, 2008

FFTA general help by ggKfc at 10:52 AM (1,184 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. ggKfc
    OP

Newcomer ggKfc Member

Australia
    ive played the first ffta
    but the new bazaar system is kinda dazzling.. ive read all the gamefaq guides but there's no general strategy behind any of this..

ive just done finished the first rounding up chocobo missions but i find myself.. weirded.. like
    for example.. i have opened up classes but no weapons/armour for them to learn new class-abilities..

perhaps i cannot get the new items from bazaar because ive just been trading in loot whenever i get any?

+ any hints on what a good team should consist of?
    i have hero, hunter, archer(who previously was a white mage with cura), white mage(who was previously a black mage with thundara) mooglknight and a white monk/warrior... its so totally randomm compared to my ffta team, where i had assassisn and sniper.. where i could just buy the new weapons whenver i had enough money to get new abilities..

2. maz-

Newcomer maz- Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    What do you mean by trading in loot? I hope you didn't sell it, because all you get for that is money, but no new items. Just choose the fourth menu option, Bazaar, and unlock some new weapons & armor with the items you get during/after quests, then buy them in the shop, and voila.

Well, your team isn't bad, but you don't need really need two ranged physical attackers (hunter and archer)..try to have as much variety as possible, race and class-wise. In my team I usually have 3 close range fighters, 1 long range fighter and 2 magick users.

3. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Keep playing through the game, don't check the Bazaar that frequently because it takes a long time to get new items.

4. maz-

United Kingdom
    Actually it's worth checking quite frequently..I usually get a couple new items after every 2 quests or so.

5. Joey R.

Banned Joey R. Banned

Spain
    That's what I'm trying to do, but since I don't get items that give you basic abilities like Cura, Fira, etc. I can't achieve most of the requirements for the other classes... And let's not talk about the missions that unlock some classes ¬¬

6. maz-

United Kingdom
    Just do every quest there is, that way you're not missing out on any items or new jobs.

7. Vulpes Abnocto

Former Staff Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

United States
    Never ever EVER sell your loot.
    It's not worth missing out on the bazaar items.
    You can concentrate on certain areas of the bazaar that you know you need such as swords or bows, but I'd recommend you get absolutely everything that is offered in the bazaar. You never know when something you can create might be helpful either now or later on, since they named the item types such odd things.

8. DemonaCosta

Newcomer DemonaCosta Member

United States
    When you trade loot to the bazaar you have to buy the items that it makes to actually get it.