ROM Hack FFCC ROF MoD Fix

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are three options for getting rid of the MoD (Moogles of Death) Thank You screen:

Autopatcher for Windows/WINE users
Just drag and drop

or

IPS patch method
Apply this patch to the untouched HugeCock release. It will work on any cart!

Mirror
Mirror

or

AR method
If you have a cart that supports AR codes use this code:

Code:
Game ID AFXE C0196935
120FB658 00000000

DarkSoulFlame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hell to the yeah! Thanks cracker!!!!!!
yaynds.gif

m2pt5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cracker said:
There are two options for getting rid of the MoD (Moogles of Death) Thank You screen:

1. If you have a cart that supports AR codes use this code:

Code:
120FB658 00000000
For people using this one and no other code, the game ID is: AFXE-C0196935

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sin Harvest said:
Cracker you might want to include a link to Rayder's cheat file for everyone.

His cheat db includes the original codes I posted that cause some white screening and music problems whereas the new code doesn't have any side effects at all. When he updates the code in his db I will add the link to it.

Sin Harvest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cracker said:
Sin Harvest said:
Cracker you might want to include a link to Rayder's cheat file for everyone.

His cheat db includes the original codes I posted that cause some white screening and music problems whereas the new code doesn't have any side effects at all. When he updates the code in his db I will add the link to it.

Well his new revision does have the new code that doesn't have any side effects but it also includes the older versions as well...
Anyway I never thanked you for the fix so, thank you
grog.gif

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have created a pack of every fix ffor all different versions of linker devices. Please read the info below and then download even further below with a ShareOnAll link (Allows for 5+ download server selctions).

Info:
QUOTE said:
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Rings Of Fate MoD (Moogles of Death) Thank You Screen Fixes (Xphilez.com):

I created this pack of fixes for the FFCC MoD issue due to so many users, with varying linker
devices, not being able to play the game. There are multiple fixes for many of the major linker
devices, all with their own special or specific fixes. However all of the fixes share a common
denominator which is usually a cheat code which disables the MoD screens. Many linker devices
such as the CycloDS Evolution, AceKard, SCDS1 (no patch mode), M3DS Real, and just about
any other linker device which runs clean ROMs without patching them before play are immune
to the new copy protection and the game functions as normal on these devices. Devices such
as the R4 Revolution, M3DS Simply, DSTT, EZ V, and just about every slot 2 device are affected
by a new form of pirate copy protection created by Square-Enix.

The MoD (Moogles of Death) thank you screen “bug” is basically a part of the code which, every
20 minutes, checks to see if the game is patched by comparing certain parameters within the game
to what they should be if the game is being playing on a normal DS. This new pirate deterrent copy
protection is quite innovative on the part of Square-Enix and although it doesn't render the game
unplayable it makes it quite annoying. Every 20 minutes the game will usually stop everything and
goes to the MoD screen which says, "Thank you for playing!!"; However from this MoD screen you
are still allowed to load up the last save game created. I’m guessing this was Square-Enix’s way of
allowing pirates to try out the game while making it annoying enough for them to actually want to
purchase the game after playing. But as all things copy protected there always comes a way to
bypass the protection.

Hackers and linker device manufacturers alike have been spending the past week working night
and day on a fix to the MoD issue for all major linker devices. And finally we have a successful fix
for just about every linker device, although the fix comes from the hacker/ds community rather
than the linker device manufacturers themselves. I surmise that within the next few linker device
firmware updates this issue will be fixed on all major devices by the manufacturers but that takes
time and people want to play the game now.

Device Info (Thanks to GBATemp):

FFCC Working With:

AceKard R.P.G.
CycloDS Evolution
DS-Xtreme (v1.1.2 and v1.1.3)
EDGE
M3DS Real
NinjaPass X9
SuperCard DS One (disable patching)

FFCC Not Working With ("Thank you for playing" screens):

DSTT
G6 Lite (Safe Mode)
M3 Perfect MiniSD
M3DS Simply
R4 Revoltion
SuperCard SD

Starting from the save point and going to the door a second time gets you past the screen, but
they occur later on as well.

Fixes & Methods (All included within the archive):

Universal Linker Device Cheat Code Fix:

Game ID AFXE C0196935
"120FB658 00000000"

Utilizing the above code on a device that supports AR (Action Replay) codes or similar will render
The game fully playable while disabling the annoying MoD screens.

IPS Patch Method Universal Fix:

Almost all linker devices can be fixed utilizing this method of applying an IPS patch
"ffccrof-MoDfix-final.ips" to a clean ROM version of FFCC. To utilize simply run the IPS patcher
application "SMARTIPS.EXE" and then specify the location of the clean ROM FFCC and the MoD IPS
patch fix.

SuperCard Device SCC Cheat File Fix:

Utilizing this method is simplest for SuperCard owners which have devices supporting SCC type cheat
files. Simply replace your current “xxxx.scc” with this updated version "2107.scc" which will allow
you to bypass the MoD screens similar to the above method. If you don’t currently have a SCC cheat
file on your device just about every SuperCard model supports them including Slot 1 and 2 devices
so please see the SuperCard website for SCC cheat file installation.

R4/M3 Rev-Simply Cheat File Fix:

Utilizing this method is simplest for R4/M3 Rev-Simply owners which simply replace their current
“cheat.dat” file with the newer one containing the updated FFCC MoD codes.

Thanks & Special Thoughts:

To FifthE1ement and Xphilez.com for creating and hosting this easy to follow guide to patching your
ROM and linker device for use with FFCC. Also thanks to HugeCock for the original clean ROM release,
to cracker for this IPS Patch method, to Rayder for his M3/R4 cheat.dat fix, and to JMR for the
SuperCard SCC cheat file fix. Finally, thanks to Square-Enix for creating such a wonderful game with
great copy protection which has kept us amused over the past week and challenged hackers across
the world to find a working fix.

Regards,

FifthE1ement
http://www.Xphilez.com
http://www.Moddz.com
Download:

Link (ShareOnAll)

Enjoy,

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
OK Then here's my Direct Mirrors Everyone!
smile.gif

The IPS Patch (Final): ffccrof-MoDfix-final.zip [383 Byte]

And the IPS Patcher: IPSWin20.zip [245 KB]

Also an Universal Patcher: Universal_Patcher.zip [2,79 MB]

As I seen in the Lunar IPS Patcher's ReadMe, it only supports up to 16 MB files! And as we know, the FFCC MOF MoD ROM is 128 MB big!!! So I suggest using this Universal Patcher by arctic_flame.

FifthE1emenT, I mirrored your file too!
yaynds.gif

Direct link! ^^
FFCC_MoD_Fixes_v1.0_Xphilez.com.zip [3,24 MB]

Zerrix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You don´t even need that AR Code
wink.gif

Just apply the patch wich ends with "...test1.ips" (or so?) and it will work on any Flash Module
wink.gif

I did,too and there were no problems^^

It´s best using "IPSWin" for patching any Roms
wink.gif

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
KaluAnkka said:
Universal Patcher is not working
frown.gif
Some help?
Why not?

QUOTE(Zerrix @ Mar 16 2008, 11:53 AM) You don´t even need that AR Code
wink.gif

Just apply the patch wich ends with "...test1.ips" (or so?) and it will work on any Flash Module
wink.gif

I did,too and there were no problems^^

It´s best using "IPSWin" for patching any Roms
wink.gif
Okay, I mirrored it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ