redact

‮҉
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
problem is exactly the title^
i start ff7 or ff8, game works fine, i can go to continue and it'll check for save files (but i don't have any so i can't play from there)
but if i choose "NEW GAME" on either of the two then i will get a black screen, at first i thought maybe it was loading but i've tried leaving it for like 5+ mins and no change and no flickering of the memstick light...
so i thought i'd start a file on epsxe and use this guide but then i remembered that my gpu died and was replaced with one that can't even handle psx emulation :'{

info:
-tried on a fake 16gb from DX, also tried single disk eboota on a legit 2gb sony from a brick and mortar shop.
tried varying compression levels with impaler (0-9) for ff8, ff7 was pre-made so i'm not sure on i's compression level...
-m33-6 5.00 on a black, aussie psp 1000
-memstick speed up enabled
-tried with and without disk-load speed on fast
-happens with both an ff7 pre-made eboot i torrented and an ff8 eboot i made with impaler
-other games such as medievil, kula world and abe's odyssey work fine

plugins i have that may be interfering:
-game catergries one (can't remember the name)
-PSNabler v5 (which doesn't seem to work for me)

suspicions about the cause:
-at first i thought it was a prob with multiboots so i tried making single disk ones just to make a savefile with then playing the multi-disk eboots from there but i got the same prob at "NEW GAME" as i did with the multi-boots
-eboots have scea message at start (not scee) so maybe is prob of ntsc not working on pal?

Sharpz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.Radiant said:
get yourself popsloader, i havent played ff7 on psp, but ff8 worked for me alternating from 3.90 and 4.01

As .Radiant said, if you don't already have popsloader there's guides and stuff at the link I gave you.

redact

‮҉
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
i dunno if megaupload's slow or if my net just sucks but it's taking ages to get this 11mb popsplugin pack
tongue.gif

i'll update this post with results after i've got it on the psp

edit:
tried both ff7 and ff8 with 3.71 and 3.72 and both yield black screens but unlike the one i get at "NEW GAME" selection, i can't press home to go back to menu and i have to hard reset...

imma go rip my pal ff8 disks and make an eboot just to check if region's the prob...

Sharpz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can tell you that region isn't a problem because I can play Japanese/European eboots without a problem.

Maybe it's just the eboots you got that were faulty.

redact

‮҉
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
hrrm, the one i made with my ff8 disk doesn't even get past the scea screen :/
so gay ><

guess it's time to waste my limited bandwidth on the link you gave me (thanks for that btw
tongue.gif
)

redact

‮҉
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
the version of ff7 you linked works great
biggrin.gif
(psn one)
now lets just hope that the ff8 one works too (was 10+ hrs just to dl ff7 =.=")

edit: while i'm waiting for ff8 to copy to network drive then finish extracting i may as well use this thread for some other help...

So when i had m33 psnabler v5 didn't seem to do anything at all, i then switched to gen d3 and i could at least connect but it said i needed to update lbp, i then found out that this was because i needed a newer version of psnabler (v6) but this newer version comes in the form of an eboot instead of a prx and for some reason, whenever i try to run the eboot, i get a black screen. would anyone here happen to know why this happens?

update: psnabler prob was issue with memstick, ff7 works great, ff8 downloaded wrong and i don't have the available bandwidth to re-download it atm and gen d3 is a lot laggier with cso files the m33 :'<

guess i'll need to scout out a legit 16 or 32gb memstick since my big one is a dx fake...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: