1. Goku1992A

OP Goku1992A GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    No Spoilers!

I'm planning on getting FF7 Remake I honestly thought it would follow the same story but it doesn't. I was wondering is it better to play the remake or should I just play the original story. I'm also hearing people say that's only part 1 of the game which makes it confusing.

2. darcangel

darcangel Lovely Troll

Brazil
    it's the same story mate.

the only differences are:
    -when something different from the original TRY to happens the spirits show up and force the game to like the original
    -dungeon mas pare bigger like when you walk with Aeris in the original her house from the train is like 30s/10m in the remake its a whole "dungeon" and fights materia summon ETC( but this if fight not story releated)
    - the last chapter(last boss) and it's kind of of dream? I guess This is the only difference end everyone hated, and the only part of the game that steaming is locked

3. AnalogMan

AnalogMan ultraSuMoFramework Dev

United States
    Final Fantasy VII was a three disc game. FF7R covers about 1/5th of the content of the first disc. It follows the original story pretty well for most of the game with some small but noticeable changes until the end where it just goes completely off the rails. The story, by all fan based analysis, seems to be a meta story. FF7R seems to make an in-game plot device that actually serves as the purpose for the deviation of story and consequences for doing so. So in short, to get the most out of the remake it probably would be a good idea to play the original. A lot of current FF7 releases have built in cheats to lower the grind so you can play through it faster or you could watch a Let's Play just to get the story aspect.

4. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Just about every character you met in the OG FF7 will have much more background detail in the Remake.
    The story is the same, but with a few extras on the side the OG didn't go through

5. Goku1992A

OP Goku1992A GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Thanks guys! The price right now is $40 but I prefer a physical copy I'll wait until the price goes down to $30 or $20 for the physical copy.

6. BORTZ

BORTZ The Amazing
    Supervisor

United States
    I wish I could get a copy of the remaster to put on my shelf right next to the remake.

7. pivix

pivix GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    Do you think that all parts of ff7 remake will be released on PS4? or we will be forced to buy PS5 only to finish a game?

Sent from my Mi Note 10 Lite using Tapatalk

8. creighton

creighton Member
    Newcomer

France
    Excellent remake I spent more than 110 hours on it, some modifications compared to the original and that's a good thing.

9. exdeath255

exdeath255 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    i felt the original had better rpg mechanics i hope the 2nd one goes deeper. the battle system was good but i like it better when each hit is more impactful. also theres almost no progression in damage and hp, at most you do 3x more damage and hp at the end than at the start of the game.

i do like how they are doing some weird timeline story thing

Last edited by exdeath255, Jan 14, 2021
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Original, Remake,