Gaming FF Tactics vs. FF Tactics Advance, which should...

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, you all know that on the PSP we can already play FFT on the go with the Custom Firmwares, so my question is that, should I play FFT before FFTA?, I mean does it matter to the story or the characters?

Or should I wait for the new FFT: THe Lion War specifically for the PSP.

I'm confused
wacko.gif

I love Tatics games!

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I personally think you should play FFT, the original, or FFT: The Lion War. The original FFT is a classic. FFTA doesn't hold a candle to the original. If you played Tactics Ogre: The Knights of Lodis for the GBA, FFT is based a lot more on that type of gameplay and graphics (It was made in part by the guys that did Tactics Ogre for the PSX/Super Famicon) than FFTA. I can even count the number of times I've played the original FFT, and I went out and actually bought another copy of the PSX version of the game a while back after losing the original. The fact that The Lion War is coming out pretty soon makes it a tough choice.

With that said there is no requirement to play FFT before FFTA, so you could play both at the same time. They don't have interwoven story lines, pretty much a FF staple.

miniCooperS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I never played the original FFT because I didn't have a playstation when it came out, and I've never gotten around to playing it.

I did play FFTA and I loved it, but I really don't have anything to compare it to. But to answer your question, it doesn't matter, because the stories aren't related.

square

The Professor
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can hack an ISO of the orginal PSX FFT for PSP, or you could wait till the remake comes out.

Also: FFTA is nothing compared to FFT, which I should play again now that I think of it, the story is a bit confusing though.

fartman16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you are dead set on playing both, i would play FFTA first, because if you play FFT first, you'll spoil your appetite for FFTA. FFT >> FFTA.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: greetings gamer class