FF Tactics vs. FF Tactics Advance, which should...

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by VVoltz, Apr 5, 2007.

1. VVoltz
    OP

Member VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Bolivia
    Well, you all know that on the PSP we can already play FFT on the go with the Custom Firmwares, so my question is that, should I play FFT before FFTA?, I mean does it matter to the story or the characters?

Or should I wait for the new FFT: THe Lion War specifically for the PSP.

I'm confused [​IMG]

I love Tatics games!

2. Jiggah

Member Jiggah GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I personally think you should play FFT, the original, or FFT: The Lion War. The original FFT is a classic. FFTA doesn't hold a candle to the original. If you played Tactics Ogre: The Knights of Lodis for the GBA, FFT is based a lot more on that type of gameplay and graphics (It was made in part by the guys that did Tactics Ogre for the PSX/Super Famicon) than FFTA. I can even count the number of times I've played the original FFT, and I went out and actually bought another copy of the PSX version of the game a while back after losing the original. The fact that The Lion War is coming out pretty soon makes it a tough choice.

With that said there is no requirement to play FFT before FFTA, so you could play both at the same time. They don't have interwoven story lines, pretty much a FF staple.

3. pikachucrackpipe

Member pikachucrackpipe President

United States
    wait is the ps1 tactics already ported to the psp?

4. miniCooperS

Member miniCooperS Advanced Member

United States
    I never played the original FFT because I didn't have a playstation when it came out, and I've never gotten around to playing it.

I did play FFTA and I loved it, but I really don't have anything to compare it to. But to answer your question, it doesn't matter, because the stories aren't related.

5. square

Member square The Professor

United States
    You can hack an ISO of the orginal PSX FFT for PSP, or you could wait till the remake comes out.

Also: FFTA is nothing compared to FFT, which I should play again now that I think of it, the story is a bit confusing though.

6. pikachucrackpipe

Member pikachucrackpipe President

United States
    ffta was nice but imo fft for ps1 was better
    ive been waiting for the remake!

7. fartman16

Newcomer fartman16 Newbie

United States
    if you are dead set on playing both, i would play FFTA first, because if you play FFT first, you'll spoil your appetite for FFTA. FFT >> FFTA.