Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Foxi4 said:
Me neither, but hey - you had to make due.

Either spend your allowence on having a good time, or... wait, what was the second option again?
When you're not filthy rich, you have to make due with a park bench and cheap red wine.

And you seem to equate fun with alcohol and vice versa. Is being drunk your only idea of a "good time"? Is it a mandatory, unavoidable prerequisite for having a good time? That's kinda sad.

What I'm saying is, a lot of kids wouldn't just sit around and drink if they had alternatives. Not you, apparently, but a lot of people.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
While I'm not in the 11-15 age gap, I never once touched drugs and twice touched alcohol (one at Christmas, my auntie literally spiked my drink, aha).
I did start smoking at 13 so I can't say anything about that.
My mum always thought I was drinking and doing drugs though, every time I had a cold I got accused of something.

Theraima

I own this desert, bitches!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
QUOTE said:
Veho Posted Today, 11:17 AM

QUOTE(Foxi4 @ Jul 29 2011, 12:01 PM) *

Either spend your allowence on having a good time, or... wait, what was the second option again?

When you're not filthy rich, you have to make due with a park bench and cheap red wine.

And you seem to equate fun with alcohol and vice versa. Is being drunk your only idea of a "good time"? Is it a mandatory, unavoidable prerequisite for having a good time? That's kinda sad.

What I'm saying is, a lot of kids wouldn't just sit around and drink if they had alternatives. Not you, apparently, but a lot of people.

Thats the problem, there isnt really much to do. Here everyone thinks theyre so cool because they smoke and drink. I only drink a bit when there's some kind of celebration..

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Veho said:
Foxi4 said:

Cheap wine rocks, man - drinking it is hardly a shameful thing to do. Also, alco is not mandatory to have a good time - but damn, does it help.

I say that all kids go through the stage of "I wanna be adult, thus I will drink and smoke until I drop", and it's perfectly fine. Our parents had that stage, and their parents did aswell - it's only natural that kids feel the drive to experiment as they grow up.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Foxi4 said:
AlanJohn said:
Who needs Alcohol when you have weed?
tpi.gif
That guy has a point. Still, I say smoke tastes better when you wash it down.
wink.gif

Hell yeah bitches.

And really since when have only the filthy rich being able to afford nothing but cheap wine? I wasn't filthy rich as a kid and I could afford to drink at pubs and clubs.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the more correct way to put it is that fewer teenagers admit to drinking alcohol.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nando said:
what are "units" and how does one go about "consuming" them?

A unit is a specific amount of alcohol. About 1 shot of spirits or half a pint of lager is 1 unit. The recommend maximum daily intake is actually totally arbitrary and set just because they had to say something. In fact it isn't even enough for most European ethnic types to get the benefits of moderate drinking.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, drinking with friends is acceptable. However, the hosts are responsible for regulating the drinks. A loose tongue makes for easier talking.

RoyalCardMan

DS App Studio™ Developer
Trophies
Website
www.awsomisoft.com
XP
Country
United States
Sterling said:
Honestly, drinking with friends is acceptable. However, the hosts are responsible for regulating the drinks. A loose tongue makes for easier talking.
Well, if the host isn't forcing them to drink the liquor then it is the people's fault for drinking it. That is like saying that it is someone's fault for the car crash because they borrowed the car to their brother.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I meant by that was they need to make sure that everyone gets their fair share. Also, making sure everyone has a designated driver.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==