Few questions about vWii hack

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by EvilSakray, Dec 31, 2012.

Dec 31, 2012
  1. EvilSakray
    OP

Newcomer EvilSakray Noobz

France
    Hello;

Now the vWii of the WiiU is hacked I'm wondering some stuffs:

- For now, the vWii mode is stuck in 576i for the video, is there a way to bypass that through loader ?
    - vWii might be Wii, it's still inside a WiiU, is there a way that controllers from the WiiU get compatibility on the vWii ?
    That would mean for example, a Pro Controller recognized as a GCN with some key remapping, and - but I highly doubt this part - possibility of playing the vWii game on the Gamepad.
    - Is the vWii taking advantage of the WiiU capacities on a native way, or is there a way to exploit them through homebrew (Emulation, Video player for example) ?

And just a single "mirror question": is there a possibility that the Pro Controller gets supported but this time on the Wii itself (not the vWii) ? Or is it a hardware matter ?
    I'm actually wonderring since Wii and WiiU looks so close.

I wasn't sure where to ask, post can be moved, I won't mind.
    If some answers have been brought already I didn't see them.

Thanks =)

2. PnP Bios

Newcomer PnP Bios Don't like my post? GOOD!

United States
    * For now, the vWii mode is stuck in 576i for the video, is there a way to bypass that through loader ?

Nope, you need to change the video mode on the Wii-U

* vWii might be Wii, it's still inside a WiiU, is there a way that controllers from the WiiU get compatibility on the vWii ?

Not unless there is a game that comes out for wii that needs it. That functionality would be delivered via a new IOS, like how IOS 58 gave us USB2.

* Is the vWii taking advantage of the WiiU capacities on a native way, or is there a way to exploit them through homebrew (Emulation, Video player for example) ?

It more or less reboots into vWii mode, similar to how the Wii rebooted into gamecube mode. It's more virtualization, instead of emulation.

* And just a single "mirror question": is there a possibility that the Pro Controller gets supported but this time on the Wii itself (not the vWii) ? Or is it a hardware matter ? I'm actually wonderring since Wii and WiiU looks so close.

You won't be able to use any of the Wii-U specific input devices on the Wii, unless somebody puts out a game that introduces it via IOS. There are however, 3rd party Pro controllers that will work with the Wii and the Wii-U.

http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Controller-Wii-Nintendo-U-6304900/dp/B009D4JW3U

3. EvilSakray
    OP

Newcomer EvilSakray Noobz

France
    I see, thanks a lot :P