Homebrew Few Questions about VC Injection, Pokemon Romhacks, and Poke Transporter.

angrytoadnoises

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
First of all, sorry if this is the wrong section. There seemed to be a few other general help/question threads around and I didn't think this entirely belonged in the ROM Hacking section or whatever.

So basically, I've developed a very specific itch. Crystal Clear, the open-world ROM hack, absolutely blew me away with it's quality. Also, it's ability to be recognized as a legitimate copy of Crystal and interface with the Poke Transporter. In fact, this feature single handedly reignited a Pokemon craze I haven't gone through since I was a kid. I bought, played, and completed Ultra Sun on a new 3DS I got just for pokemon homebrewing. All that.

So obviously, I searched to see if other ROM hacks boasted this feature, and yeah, generally not. After googling, asking around, I came to the resounding answer that this was a particular quirk with Crystal Clear and that no other ROM hacks really support it. I did find a few 'mods' for Red, Blue and Yellow though, that added colour, new sprites, an XP bar and a sprint feature. These mods allowed the VC-injected games to still be recognized by Poke Transporter.

Even with those bare bones QoL features, it was enough for me to replay the slog that are the Gen 1 games. So I'm really interested to see if there's anything else I can do to a VC-injected Pokemon ROM that would modify it, but still work with Poke Transporter.

So basically:

• As unlikely as it is, are there any Pokemon ROM hacks (excluding CC) that flat-out work with Poke Transporter?
  • Are there any other known QoL mods for VC injected Pokemon games that still work with Poke Transporter?
  • Could I use basic tools, say, a randomizer, to mix up my Gen1/2 experience, without those Pokemon being denied by Poke Transporter?
This is a very specific question, and I'm sorry it took me so many words, but it seems this is a very niche interest among the 3DS/Pokemon homebrewing community and, for some inexplicably reason, it absolutely drives the collector in me wild.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, sorry if this is the wrong section. There seemed to be a few other general help/question threads around and I didn't think this entirely belonged in the ROM Hacking section or whatever.

So basically, I've developed a very specific itch. Crystal Clear, the open-world ROM hack, absolutely blew me away with it's quality. Also, it's ability to be recognized as a legitimate copy of Crystal and interface with the Poke Transporter. In fact, this feature single handedly reignited a Pokemon craze I haven't gone through since I was a kid. I bought, played, and completed Ultra Sun on a new 3DS I got just for pokemon homebrewing. All that.

So obviously, I searched to see if other ROM hacks boasted this feature, and yeah, generally not. After googling, asking around, I came to the resounding answer that this was a particular quirk with Crystal Clear and that no other ROM hacks really support it. I did find a few 'mods' for Red, Blue and Yellow though, that added colour, new sprites, an XP bar and a sprint feature. These mods allowed the VC-injected games to still be recognized by Poke Transporter.

Even with those bare bones QoL features, it was enough for me to replay the slog that are the Gen 1 games. So I'm really interested to see if there's anything else I can do to a VC-injected Pokemon ROM that would modify it, but still work with Poke Transporter.

So basically:

• As unlikely as it is, are there any Pokemon ROM hacks (excluding CC) that flat-out work with Poke Transporter?
  • Are there any other known QoL mods for VC injected Pokemon games that still work with Poke Transporter?
  • Could I use basic tools, say, a randomizer, to mix up my Gen1/2 experience, without those Pokemon being denied by Poke Transporter?
This is a very specific question, and I'm sorry it took me so many words, but it seems this is a very niche interest among the 3DS/Pokemon homebrewing community and, for some inexplicably reason, it absolutely drives the collector in me wild.
You can honestly just change the title ID of the hack to the same as the regular game and it should be recognized by the poke transporter. NO guarantee the pokemon will go through, but I was actually one of the people who requested that feature for those red/blue "deluxe" versions you're talking about.

angrytoadnoises

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You can honestly just change the title ID of the hack to the same as the regular game and it should be recognized by the poke transporter. NO guarantee the pokemon will go through, but I was actually one of the people who requested that feature for those red/blue "deluxe" versions you're talking about.

Thank you for putting it so simply. This has opened up a lot of options for me, since I usually avoid standalone story romhacks pretty much every hack I've played is being recognized by transporter, and a quick fix with PKHeX makes sure all my pokemon are getting through.

So thanks again for taking the time to respond!

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for putting it so simply. This has opened up a lot of options for me, since I usually avoid standalone story romhacks pretty much every hack I've played is being recognized by transporter, and a quick fix with PKHeX makes sure all my pokemon are getting through.

So thanks again for taking the time to respond!
Yeah no problem!

Rreettrrogg90

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah no problem!

Hello !
Sorry to dig up this thread but I'm also trying to get the Perfect Crystal rom to be recognized by Poke Transfer but, even with the right Title ID (original VC Crystal? Pole Transporter does not see any save compatible...
Do you guys know what could be the cause ? Or what I could do ?
Thanks !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over