Hacking Few Cyclo questions

Ta-Razel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) does this site have any history, meaning is it reliable. http://www.consoleup.com/shop/Console/Cyclo-DS/

2) i'm still stuck on which MicroSD i should get. i've thought of the Kingston 4GB and the Transcend 4GB. i'm not completely sure about the speeds of the memory cards. (please only actual people owning Cyclo's answer this)

i know many people ask this, but i would just like to have all the information to consider in one spot.

thank you all.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
1) - I dunno, i got myself from finnish (in country) store.
2) Kingston, get kingston for mere quality, and yes i own a cyclo and it works - but if it could be class 6, better, castlevania crashes with Class 4 kingston 4Gb SDHC made in Japan/ta (whatever the /Ta means - Taiwan? made in two countries same time? beats me...)

Yeah, good luck with findin' yer cyclo mate!

kevenka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a 2Gig made in taiwan kingston and it works just like the one made from japan. If I was to make a suggestion though, I would go for a class 6 2 gig memory card. The kingston seems to have a tendency to crash and currupt sometimes(bricked)

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
kevenka said:
I have a 2Gig made in taiwan kingston and it works just like the one made from japan. If I was to make a suggestion though, I would go for a class 6 2 gig memory card. The kingston seems to have a tendency to crash and currupt sometimes(bricked)

Fail'd there kind sir:

First: Question was about SDHC, not normal SD cards (under4Gb are normal, a.k.a. 2Gb is normal)
Second: There is no Classes for normal µSD cards, so, there is no such thing as class 6 2Gb card (reminds me of dude who said "the 4Gb Non-SDHC cards suck" again - no such thing as 4Gb non-SDHC)
THIRD: Memory cards do not crash, or get bricked, they may get CORRUPTED, and also, it is not fault of the card BUT device used in.

U r The GBA-SP >
hate2.gif

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I heard that the write speed of a card doesn't matter. Access speed does. Also, I have a class 2 4GB SDHC, and I have no problems, except for lag in Tony Hawks downhill jam

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
ferrariman said:
I heard that the write speed of a card doesn't matter. Access speed does. Also, I have a class 2 4GB SDHC, and I have no problems, except for lag in Tony Hawks downhill jam

I think Speed generates to random access too - i need test out my 4GB, but i already know this: CycloDS evo plus my 2Gb Kingston made in taiwan - not even one crash. 4>Gb class 4 Japan/Ta card, crashes eventually and for sure.

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JereTHEend said:
1) - I dunno, i got myself from finnish (in country) store.
2) Kingston, get kingston for mere quality, and yes i own a cyclo and it works - but if it could be class 6, better, castlevania crashes with Class 4 kingston 4Gb SDHC made in Japan/ta (whatever the /Ta means - Taiwan? made in two countries same time? beats me...)

Yeah, good luck with findin' yer cyclo mate!

Wait, what? I just ordered a Kingston 4GB microSDHC! Please don't tell me Castlevania crashes on yours. Are you talking about how it lags?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I do have webos