ROM Hack FEFTwiddler - Fire Emblem Fates Save Editor

Darknesu

Trophies
XP
Country
Equatorial Guinea
The main change that I want is to add Anna, which I changed to be close to her original stats. The only other things that am trying to do is just add items to the inventory and/or convoy, but that's destroying my save.
or, this guy is basically saying what i want.

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does this editor work with the different versions? Does it need the special edition? I have Birthright with Conquest and Revelation bought on a SD card... but not on the SD card I use for homebrew nor on the 3DS I use for homebrew. Since the current update is 11.4 on an old 3DSXL I don't think I'll able to access homebrew on the 3DS I have Conquest and Revelation bought on. I use soundhax on a separate SD card on an 11.0 3DS. How would I go about this? Does this program work even if you don't have Conquest and Revelation on the SD card you use for homebrew? Does it work on the non special edition at all? I appreciate all replies in advance!
It doesn't matter which version of fates you have. I've used it on Birthright, conquest, and the special edition. You do need home-brew, Cubic ninja or freakyformes deluxe, they can be expensive, but if you are lucky enough to find one at GameStop, go for it. It won't work unless the home-brew is on the same sd card, so just copy over the payload, other app, and 3ds folder to the 3ds with fates.

Eleczoro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't matter which version of fates you have. I've used it on Birthright, conquest, and the special edition. You do need home-brew, Cubic ninja or freakyformes deluxe, they can be expensive, but if you are lucky enough to find one at GameStop, go for it. It won't work unless the home-brew is on the same sd card, so just copy over the payload, other app, and 3ds folder to the 3ds with fates.
Well, that's a bit of a relief. I have soundhax though on another SD card and on another 3DS. So the question is, if I put soundhax on the SD card with Conquest/Revelation and then put that SD card onto my 11.0 3DS (since my current 3DS is at 11.4 in order to go online) would that work? I haven't bought Conquest/Rev on my 11.0 3DS but I could remove the keys and make the keys on my new 3ds right?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, that's a bit of a relief. I have soundhax though on another SD card and on another 3DS. So the question is, if I put soundhax on the SD card with Conquest/Revelation and then put that SD card onto my 11.0 3DS (since my current 3DS is at 11.4 in order to go online) would that work? I haven't bought Conquest/Rev on my 11.0 3DS but I could remove the keys and make the keys on my new 3ds right?
11.4 o3DS systems without custom firmware cannot currently get access to Homebrew as there are no payloads available for it. If you had custom firmware, you could access Homebrew and your save file. You also cannot get custom firmware on 11.4. Sorry. :(

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, if you have an 11.0 3ds, use soundhax and follow the guide for CFW

Eleczoro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
11.4 o3DS systems without custom firmware cannot currently get access to Homebrew as there are no payloads available for it. If you had custom firmware, you could access Homebrew and your save file. You also cannot get custom firmware on 11.4. Sorry. :(

I use soundhax on an 11.0 o3ds to access homebrew so I can use stuff like pkhex and backup saves. The main problem is that most of Fates is on the 3ds/SD card of course. I also have a powersave which I've been able to use to edit the first 3 saves on that on the cartridge. If the conquest/rev parts of my birthright cartridge are on the first 3 save files would that still work even if I haven't bought the other routes on the 3DS itself?

Wait, if you have an 11.0 3ds, use soundhax and follow the guide for CFW

I'm kind of scared of messing up with CFW though since this is the only game that has such a complicated format. I've been able to get along fine with just homebrew and JSKM so far.
Also, what is going on the drama on that site? Something about child predators? I really don't want to have things messed up with my 3ds or something just because some people are having personal spats with each other.

Last edited by Eleczoro,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use soundhax on an 11.0 o3ds to access homebrew so I can use stuff like pkhex and backup saves. The main problem is that most of Fates is on the 3ds/SD card of course. I also have a powersave which I've been able to use to edit the first 3 saves on that on the cartridge. If the conquest/rev parts of my birthright cartridge are on the first 3 save files would that still work even if I haven't bought the other routes on the 3DS itself?

I'm kind of scared of messing up with CFW though since this is the only game that has such a complicated format. I've been able to get along fine with just homebrew and JSKM so far.
Also, what is going on the drama on that site? Something about child predators? I really don't want to have things messed up with my 3ds or something just because some people are having personal spats with each other.
I mean, it should work, there's no reason for it not to. However, in order for you to test what edits you've done to your save file, you'll have to use JKSM on the Homebrew'd console and test your saves on the console with the game installed.

You cannot mess up the CFW guide unless you are either A) an idiot or B) can't read basic instructions. I'm not saying that you are either of those, but the people who cannot successfully install CFW because of user error and something they've missed (like certain files, for example), not the guide itself. 3ds.guide is the only 3DS CFW installing guide that is constantly being updated to make installing CFW easier and safer. I have CFW'd all of my 3DSs and I've not had a failure, and I even followed the guide from when it was a Wiki page on Github and it was a lot harder and easier to mess up the install back then. You will be fine as long as you read the instructions carefully (and that includes reading over them a couple of times before you do the process) and make sure to take not of any warnings it gives.

Eleczoro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, it should work, there's no reason for it not to. However, in order for you to test what edits you've done to your save file, you'll have to use JKSM on the Homebrew'd console and test your saves on the console with the game installed.

You cannot mess up the CFW guide unless you are either A) an idiot or B) can't read basic instructions. I'm not saying that you are either of those, but the people who cannot successfully install CFW because of user error and something they've missed (like certain files, for example), not the guide itself. 3ds.guide is the only 3DS CFW installing guide that is constantly being updated to make installing CFW easier and safer. I have CFW'd all of my 3DSs and I've not had a failure, and I even followed the guide from when it was a Wiki page on Github and it was a lot harder and easier to mess up the install back then. You will be fine as long as you read the instructions carefully (and that includes reading over them a couple of times before you do the process) and make sure to take not of any warnings it gives.
That does give me reassurance so thanks. It's just that 3DSes are hard to get around here so I'd like to be ultra careful.
I'm going to try just using homebrew and JKSM on my soundhaxed 3ds without the routes for now (it can still access birthright though) and if things don't work out I'll try installing CFW. By the way, what are the steps to be done after I've installed CFW? What are things CFW can do with FEFTwiddler that homebrew can't?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That does give me reassurance so thanks. It's just that 3DSes are hard to get around here so I'd like to be ultra careful.
I'm going to try just using homebrew and JKSM on my soundhaxed 3ds without the routes for now (it can still access birthright though) and if things don't work out I'll try installing CFW. By the way, what are the steps to be done after I've installed CFW? What are things CFW can do with FEFTwiddler that homebrew can't?
Well nothing with FEFTwiddler, exactly, but after installing CFW, you can access the Homebrew Launcher and JKSM directly from your Home Menu, which is a plus. After installing CFW, find the JKSM thread and use FBI's Remote Scan QR Code scanner thing (forgot the actual thread) and scan one of the QR codes in the first post of that thread and it will install it to your Home Menu. Nothing else needs to be done as both the installed version and Homebrew version of JKSM use the same folder structure and format.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

Eleczoro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well nothing with FEFTwiddler, exactly, but after installing CFW, you can access the Homebrew Launcher and JKSM directly from your Home Menu, which is a plus. Find the JKSM thread and use FBI's Remote Scan QR Code scanner thing (forgot the actual thread) and scan one of the QR codes in the first post of that thread and it will install it to your Home Menu. Nothing else needs to be done as both the installed version and Homebrew version of JKSM use the same folder structure and format.
Oh, but how does that help with the fact that the 3DS I can access homebrew and thus CFW with doesn't have the other routes bought? I can live with having to go into 3DS sound everytime to access homebrew like I've been doing so far but the thing I'm mainly concerned about is that the 3DS I'm using for homebrew doesn't have the other routes/DLC

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, but how does that help with the fact that the 3DS I can access homebrew and thus CFW with doesn't have the other routes bought? I can live with having to go into 3DS sound everytime to access homebrew like I've been doing so far but the thing I'm mainly concerned about is that the 3DS I'm using for homebrew doesn't have the other routes/DLC
It only makes accessing JKSM quicker in your case. That's also why I said to test your save files on the device without Homebrew and with the routes since the only route you can test your saves on the device with Homebrew on is Birthright.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

Darknesu

Trophies
XP
Country
Equatorial Guinea
I have a file for Anna at base stats, I can upload it when I get home. All I did was take the one from earlier in the thread and modify it.
was it the one that had her as a Bow Knight? cause I downloaded that one too, but even after changing her class, internal level, level, and exp, her stats absolutely would not change.

Eleczoro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It only makes accessing JKSM quicker in your case. That's also why I said to test your save files on the device without Homebrew and with the routes since the only route you can test your saves on the device with Homebrew on is Birthright.
I appreciate all the help! One last question: Even if I do install CFW is there a way to get the DLC onto my 11.0 3DS? It seems in order to run the undub patch I need to run it with Hans. My 11.4 o3DS is apparently out of luck with homebrew so I must use my 11.0 o3ds. Is there a way to get the DLC onto my 11.0 3DS?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate all the help! One last question: Even if I do install CFW is there a way to get the DLC onto my 11.0 3DS? It seems in order to run the undub patch I need to run it with Hans. My 11.4 o3DS is apparently out of luck with homebrew so I must use my 11.0 o3ds. Is there a way to get the DLC onto my 11.0 3DS?
You would need to find the DLC in .CIA format from that iso site (we cannot link to it as it's against the rules) and install it with FBI after you install CFW. 3ds.guide will walk you through the installing CIAs process.

Eleczoro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would need to find the DLC in .CIA format from that iso site (we cannot link to it as it's against the rules) and install it with FBI after you install CFW. 3ds.guide will walk you through the installing CIAs process.
Hmm, are you able to give me a hint about it? The first site I found is just a forum and I can't find any actual downloads on it and the rest I found are either the european version or just the whole game+all the dlcs altogether. I'm only looking for the conquest/revelation dlcs to put onto my homebrew 3DS since I've already purchased them before so downloading the whole thing is way more complicated than it needs to be. If there isn't a simpler method I guess I'll just make do with save editing.
But isn't there something like an Eshop homebrew app you can access with CFW? That way I can use the title key or whatever that I already have due to owning the game and not have to go through loops. That should be alright to talk about here too right? That seems way easier than grabbing the ISO/CIA and basically pirating the whole thing from scratch.

Last edited by Eleczoro,

Lord Fawful

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
was it the one that had her as a Bow Knight? cause I downloaded that one too, but even after changing her class, internal level, level, and exp, her stats absolutely would not change.
Maybe you were using an older version of the program, because there is an option to edit the base stats. This version that I have for download right here has her recruit stats with every stat +1.

Attachments

• Anna.fe14unit.zip
    715 bytes · Views: 174

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, are you able to give me a hint about it? The first site I found is just a forum and I can't find any actual downloads on it and the rest I found are either the european version or just the whole game+all the dlcs altogether. I'm only looking for the conquest/revelation dlcs to put onto my homebrew 3DS since I've already purchased them before so downloading the whole thing is way more complicated than it needs to be. If there isn't a simpler method I guess I'll just make do with save editing.
But isn't there something like an Eshop homebrew app you can access with CFW? That way I can use the title key or whatever that I already have due to owning the game and not have to go through loops. That should be alright to talk about here too right? That seems way easier than grabbing the ISO/CIA and basically pirating the whole thing from scratch.
Nope. That's all the hint I can give. The eShop Homebrew app you speak of is called freeShop and it is basically pirating, even though the app was not intended for pirating. It's either continue what you've been doing to access your save files on two different systems or pirate the DLC on a system after you put CFW on it.

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a hint. Google 'that iso site'. The home-brew app you're looking for is arc13's freeshop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/j-JgIxFZTKY?si=9yG57ooZm1wvSOsz