ROM Hack FEFTwiddler - Fire Emblem Fates Save Editor

Soaprman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@saijm4444: the ? button is there for people who are willing to click a button with a giant question mark on it while editing their saves. :)

More seriously, trainboy2019 has it correct. I was playing around with the idea of making a randomizer using save editing, but never got it developed to a point where it deserved a serious label.

@Natural: BP and VP were in an early version (I forget which one). I removed them because there was stuff before them in the save that changed size that I didn't (and in some cases still don't) understand, and it was causing the wrong bytes to be edited in many cases. The data is somewhere by the avatar name and castle greetings, though, if you're feeling up to hex editing it manually.

The main obstacle to most of the functionality that isn't implemented yet is a lack of understanding about stuff in the My Castle block that changes size in a way that I haven't been able to pin down a pattern for. Unfortunately, all the sexy stuff has long been figured out, so I'm pretty sure everyone but me stopped doing research on the file structure.

I work on FEFTwiddler very sparingly nowadays, though, so unfortunately I can't say when or if anything else will be added!

Natural

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@saijm4444: the ? button is there for people who are willing to click a button with a giant question mark on it while editing their saves. :)

More seriously, trainboy2019 has it correct. I was playing around with the idea of making a randomizer using save editing, but never got it developed to a point where it deserved a serious label.

@Natural: BP and VP were in an early version (I forget which one). I removed them because there was stuff before them in the save that changed size that I didn't (and in some cases still don't) understand, and it was causing the wrong bytes to be edited in many cases. The data is somewhere by the avatar name and castle greetings, though, if you're feeling up to hex editing it manually.

The main obstacle to most of the functionality that isn't implemented yet is a lack of understanding about stuff in the My Castle block that changes size in a way that I haven't been able to pin down a pattern for. Unfortunately, all the sexy stuff has long been figured out, so I'm pretty sure everyone but me stopped doing research on the file structure.

I work on FEFTwiddler very sparingly nowadays, though, so unfortunately I can't say when or if anything else will be added!

Thank you. I suck at hex editing and get confused easily but I'll try anyways.

AxelKatsuragi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Just so you all know, the randomizer works flawlesly with the Gay Fates hack, but, as it adds more support options that weren't there before in the game, it disables the support option from the editor.

Lord Fawful

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem where whenever I try to import a unit and save, it corrupts my save file. (Thank goodness is makes a backup) I've tried doing it several times, but to no avail...
Sorry that I have to ask such an abstract question, but is there anything I can do? Could anyone perhaps try to import the unit on their computer using my save file? I'm using wineskin for the program so that might have to do with it.

Edit: It turns out that no matter what I do, it corrupts my save file, even if I just add a daikon to my inventory. I'm using a modded version of the game, and I had no problem with vanilla saves in the past, so I'm just out of luck.

Last edited by Lord Fawful,

Lord Fawful

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Lord Fawful:Upload your save and I can take a look next time I work on FEFTwiddler.

Also, see if you have better luck with version 0.16.0. 0.17.0 and up have more stuff that can cause problems with some saves. https://github.com/Soaprman/FEFTwiddler/releases/tag/0.16.0
Thanks for your reply. I tried using both versions and got the same result. It seems like it scrambles the code whenever I save on the program, and characters that were once there are gone, they all have no names and 0 stats all across the board, etc.
I am using the Gay fates hack on NA Conquest with some supports removed and this, but I don't see why it would change the structure of the save file or whatever happens.

Attachments

• Chapter0.zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 212

Soaprman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems to work fine for me. I opened your save, saved it (while making no changes), and it opened fine in my game (Fates SE, no hacks, via Citra). The problem may be with the particular edits you're making. FEFTwiddler has limited support for saves from ROM hacks, so I make no guarantees, but if you can tell me what edits you're making, I might be able to help out.

Reactions: Lord Fawful

Lord Fawful

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems to work fine for me. I opened your save, saved it (while making no changes), and it opened fine in my game (Fates SE, no hacks, via Citra). The problem may be with the particular edits you're making. FEFTwiddler has limited support for saves from ROM hacks, so I make no guarantees, but if you can tell me what edits you're making, I might be able to help out.
The main change that I want is to add Anna, which I changed to be close to her original stats. The only other things that am trying to do is just add items to the inventory and/or convoy, but that's destroying my save.

Eleczoro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does this editor work with the different versions? Does it need the special edition? I have Birthright with Conquest and Revelation bought on a SD card... but not on the SD card I use for homebrew nor on the 3DS I use for homebrew. Since the current update is 11.4 on an old 3DSXL I don't think I'll able to access homebrew on the 3DS I have Conquest and Revelation bought on. I use soundhax on a separate SD card on an 11.0 3DS. How would I go about this? Does this program work even if you don't have Conquest and Revelation on the SD card you use for homebrew? Does it work on the non special edition at all? I appreciate all replies in advance!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: it was also the only game I played