ROM Hack FEFTwiddler - Fire Emblem Fates Save Editor

Skitterfact

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
So, I'm doing a playthrough where I assigned each unit a class randomly and then used this tool to reclass them into that as soon as possible, and Selena got Wolfskin, which I have reclassed her into. It seems to be playing fine, but in battle, after transforming, none of her voice clips are playing, even on critical cut-ins. I'm assuming this is an issue with the game's coding in the same way 1st generation characters can't have Stone XP edited since they can't use them naturally, but Mozu as a Nohr Princess isn't having this issue with Dragonstones (Edit: This was incorrect. Seems the times I was thinking that Mozu used Soundbites in Critical Cut-Ins were with swords, and Mozu's voice was so quiet I didn't notice that Dragonstones lacked it). Is there a way to fix this through hex editing or something? I'm really missing the "Loser!" Soundbite.

Last edited by Skitterfact,

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm doing a playthrough where I assigned each unit a class randomly and then used this tool to reclass them into that as soon as possible, and Selena got Wolfskin, which I have reclassed her into. It seems to be playing fine, but in battle, after transforming, none of her voice clips are playing, even on critical cut-ins. I'm assuming this is an issue with the game's coding in the same way 1st generation characters can't have Stone XP edited since they can't use them naturally, but Mozu as a Nohr Princess isn't having this issue with Dragonstones. Is there a way to fix this through hex editing or something? I'm really missing the "Loser!" Soundbite.
Firstly, you can edit stone usage on anybody, but Soaprman decided not allow it since it seemed to causing issues with shadowbans for several people. Second, the lack of audio is because Selena doesn't have audio set for a transformed form since the transformation uses different audio clips (the ones with the wierd filter applied to make them sound different). For Mozu, either the Nohr Prince/ss class tree doesn't have a second set of audio for dragon forms or Mozu has a transformed audio set (which is an interesting discovery). In order to get Selena to talk whilst transformed you'd have to do quite a bit of work with the ROM in sections that aren't publicly mapped.

Reactions: Skitterfact

Skitterfact

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
OK, thanks for the information. I edited to note that I was incorrect about Mozu, for the record, so she doesn't have Dragon Soundbites. It's a pity that's the case, but good to know nonetheless.
Firstly, you can edit stone usage on anybody, but Soaprman decided not allow it since it seemed to causing issues with shadowbans for several people. Second, the lack of audio is because Selena doesn't have audio set for a transformed form since the transformation uses different audio clips (the ones with the wierd filter applied to make them sound different). For Mozu, either the Nohr Prince/ss class tree doesn't have a second set of audio for dragon forms or Mozu has a transformed audio set (which is an interesting discovery). In order to get Selena to talk whilst transformed you'd have to do quite a bit of work with the ROM in sections that aren't publicly mapped.

JordenNixNix

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Quick question.

I already finished my Hoshido route and I am currently busy with the Nohr story.
At chapter 7, I added Gunter back to the party by checking the radio button "alive".
(I added him earlier because I thought he didn't survived the fall, so you couldn't recruit him).

Now I am at chapter 15 on my Nohr save, I was surprised to find out Gunter was alive.

If I finish chapter 15, can I delete the second Gunter recruited in this chapter (by clicking delete unit) without further glitches at the end of the game (credits)?
I already trained my first Gunter so the second one will be useless.

Grima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the double post, but is it possible to lower the stats of the custom DLC characters atm? I want to start a new file with them but they're way too OP in their current state and FEFTwiddler doesn't allow you to edit the character stats for the Custom DLC characters.

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the double post, but is it possible to lower the stats of the custom DLC characters atm? I want to start a new file with them but they're way too OP in their current state and FEFTwiddler doesn't allow you to edit the character stats for the Custom DLC characters.
Hex edit them in the editor. You can use the images in my hex editing thread to get an idea of where to look. The section is "Stat Gains" in the picture.

supermariorick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I told you what you can do just a minute ago. People have reported having issues using this to revive Crimson/Scarlet in Revelation.
problem with that is I have the english fan translation patched japanese version and can't go online. I beat a path where Crimson lives and added her to the directory but the game won't let me recruit the copy of her.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
problem with that is I have the english fan translation patched japanese version and can't go online. I beat a path where Crimson lives and added her to the directory but the game won't let me recruit the copy of her.
Extract your safe, use this to import a Scarlet .fe14unit that someone provides you with. That's your only other option.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a path in my saves where Crimson lives already. how can I copy the Crimson character data and import it into a third route save as a recruited unit?
Extract both of those saves, use the editor to export Crimson, open your Revelation route save, import her, save and import your Revelation save.

Grima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IIRC, when Crimson dies in Rev, her character data is still in your party. Simply unchecking the "Dead by Plot" and checking "Alive" will add her back to your party. But it still shows her as Retired in the game credits.

Relic Song

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I told you what you can do just a minute ago. People have reported having issues using this to revive Crimson/Scarlet in Revelation.
I revive Crimson every time I play Revelations and have yet to see any issues other than the game credit text showing her still as retired, but that's not really an issue. She deserves to retire after a successful rebellion and returning from the dead :)

Reactions: KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I revive Crimson every time I play Revelations and have yet to see any issues other than the game credit text showing her still as retired, but that's not really an issue. She deserves to retire after a successful rebellion and returning from the dead :)
Well there was one person whose Scarlet kept reviving after being marked as dead both in-game and through FEFT. It was an odd experience.

supermariorick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
time to prove Aqua/Azura in the Anya/Nohr path wrong about what she said in terms of saving everyone then. I have a roster in the third route save where I used the recruitment hacks to trigger getting characters from all the routes including capturable bosses both from the routes and the two characters that have conflict with Anna in the DLC. Also all the amiibos are recruited. I have only to revive Crimson/Scarlet before I face the final boss one last time with as many characters as the game can process - cheating the hands of fate dealt to Kamui no matter what route is chosen. only way to really beat this game the complete way imo

Edit: HOLY SHIT IT WORKED

This is for you, Executive Producer Satoru Iwata. Although we couldn't save you, we dedicated our efforts to change the hand of fate dealt in a game where all paths lead to sacrifice. Throughout the years, games that you were involved with production and development in have taught me wisdom. Perhaps we can take this as Iwata's passed on wisdom so that he may live on in our hearts and minds.
for Iwata ;-;7

so anyway I can report no issues with the save edit hack. Crimson/Scarlet shows up in My Castle and all the support conversations are there. Since I am using a fan translated Japanese version all the face touching stuff including what was taken out from the localized version is there and Crimson maintains all that S rank stuff. I even had Crimson get revenge in the final battle against Hydra. In the end credits it even gave the bit about Crimson continuing life alive as if she didn't die - probably data from the Byakuya/Birthright route being used for it even though it's the third route. There are no glitches at all but I doubt anyone with a third path save that uses this hack can bring her online after chapter 18 without a shadowban but as I have a heavily hacked save and a fan translated Japanese version of the game I can't check it myself. a comprehensive hack I must say. I didn't expect it to undo Crimson's plot written death so well.

Attachments

• IMG_20160917_134541[2].jpg
    IMG_20160917_134541[2].jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 377
  • IMG_20160917_180643.jpg
    IMG_20160917_180643.jpg
    383.5 KB · Views: 354
Last edited by supermariorick,

iisilver

"The true enemy of humanity is disorder."
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
time to prove Aqua/Azura in the Anya/Nohr path wrong about what she said in terms of saving everyone then. I have a roster in the third route save where I used the recruitment hacks to trigger getting characters from all the routes including capturable bosses both from the routes and the two characters that have conflict with Anna in the DLC. Also all the amiibos are recruited. I have only to revive Crimson/Scarlet before I face the final boss one last time with as many characters as the game can process - cheating the hands of fate dealt to Kamui no matter what route is chosen. only way to really beat this game the complete way imo

Edit: HOLY SHIT IT WORKED

This is for you, Executive Producer Satoru Iwata. Although we couldn't save you, we dedicated our efforts to change the hand of fate dealt in a game where all paths lead to sacrifice. Throughout the years, games that you were involved with production and development in have taught me wisdom. Perhaps we can take this as Iwata's passed on wisdom so that he may live on in our hearts and minds.
for Iwata ;-;7

so anyway I can report no issues with the save edit hack. Crimson/Scarlet shows up in My Castle and all the support conversations are there. Since I am using a fan translated Japanese version all the face touching stuff including what was taken out from the localized version is there and Crimson maintains all that S rank stuff. I even had Crimson get revenge in the final battle against Hydra. In the end credits it even gave the bit about Crimson continuing life alive as if she didn't die - probably data from the Byakuya/Birthright route being used for it even though it's the third route. There are no glitches at all but I doubt anyone with a third path save that uses this hack can bring her online after chapter 18 without a shadowban but as I have a heavily hacked save and a fan translated Japanese version of the game I can't check it myself. a comprehensive hack I must say. I didn't expect it to undo Crimson's plot written death so well.
um well of course it worked. her data's already in the game, so even if her death was plot-driven, it would treat her as if she never died if you revive her
i even injected izana and yukimura into my revelations save and they work fine. I can even use them online lol

jb0y117

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm curious... I recently downloaded a 3ds emulator called Citra. I downloaded a ROM for FE Fates and started playing. I'm wondering if I could use this editor to edit my save file. Would that work or nah?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: