ROM Hack FEFTwiddler - Fire Emblem Fates Save Editor

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, I didn't see them when I looked, unless I'm just blind and didn't spot them, unless I'm blind and didn't see them.
Find the stat raising item names on a wiki and search through the inventory items list. I'm seeing the Arms Scroll, so the rest of the items are there too.

xnoctislight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would using games like Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire or Super Smash Bros. be a good home brew launcher? Some games are listed on the home brew page and can be used to launch homebrew. I have Omega Ruby.

http://smealum.github.io/3ds/

Or do we have to wait till we get a new update?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would using games like Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire or Super Smash Bros. be a good home brew launcher? Some games are listed on the home brew page and can be used to launch homebrew. I have Omega Ruby.

http://smealum.github.io/3ds/

Or do we have to wait till we get a new update?
No Homebrew Exploit works on 11.1.0-34.

EmblemCrossing

That Towel!Niles Cosplayer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having a bit of an issue with the save editor, trying to set up units for my randomizer by making them all start at their bases. Unfortunately, FE Twiddler doesn't seem to like that. Anna, who starts with 23 hp in Outlaw, will only go up to 22 in my case. Same with each of her other stats. All lower by one.

Sometimes it doesnt even let me mess with the stats, even when they're maxed out. Sometimes it works fine. I don't understand.

edit: okay it like, doesn't let me use certain values. I went for her luck value, and it let me use the ones directly higher and lower.

Alternatively, does anyone have a folder of units at base recruitment? Because I need them.

Last edited by EmblemCrossing,

whitewolf8

Resident Lunatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I dunno, I've had this problem as well, however, you can just go about by changing stats in the hex editor.
L4LUT9o.jpg

Soaprman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something about the Randomizer, I've downloaded the source code and edited it so the Randomizer wouldn't remove and add all the units back in, because there was no way I was missing out on the randomizer experience. :P I just added all the units in manually all being absent from party on a Chapter 6 save with their base stats (Took a while, but it was worth it... well okay, for some reason, the editor wouldn't keep their base stats, so I just did everything +1.) Now I am enjoying a (mostly) randomized save. :P Srange, though, because Sakura and Hayato stayed unchanged... aside from being level 20, now, with unmodded stats... not sure if that was the editor's fault or what, all I did was comment out the unit replacement tasks. >.>; There were varying effects on the units, as some would keep their skills and some would inherit the class skills, depending on method of recruitment, but I guess that just makes the randomizer even more random. :P

I might just be interested in making my own person build, at least for fun. I'm learning a bit of C# on my own, and this could be a bit of a learning experience for me.

Yeah, all the code having to do with the randomizer is barely tested at best. I kind of just added stuff until it worked on the save I tested with (ReturnToPrologue in TimeMachine.cs is a shining example of this), and then I never got around to learning the data well enough to clean the code up and make it work better.

Note that some characters won't be affected by it. It works by stowing away created units in what I called the "Absent" block (this is where the units who leave before the chapter 6 split go to so the game can remember their level and stats). For many characters, if they exist in that block when they would join the party, the game will pull them from there instead of generating them anew. But it doesn't work for every character, and it varies by route. It also adds their original items on top of whatever the randomizer gives them.

Thanks! I'm needing more info about all of the characters except for Chrom/Frederick/Lissa before I can fully finish this.

On another note, I need a name for ???. Visual Studio doesn't want to recognize ??? as a name. ??? appeared in Chapter 5, for those that don't remember.

This is kind of late and you've likely already figured it out at this point, but assuming you're talking about Enums/Character.cs, it doesn't actually matter what name you use, since those are internal names. The names shown on the editor (assuming they exist) are in Resources/Data/Characters.xml, along with a ton of other stuff. Note that if you add a character to the xml file, make sure you either complete the data or throw enough exception handling around to keep it from breaking.

If either of you ever have questions about the code, feel free to shoot me a PM. I don't check this site all that often, but I get emails when people PM me, and I could also share my Discord info if you use Discord. (This isn't an invitation to everyone and their mom - just people interested in the code.)

Last edited by Soaprman,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, all the code having to do with the randomizer is barely tested at best. I kind of just added stuff until it worked on the save I tested with (ReturnToPrologue in TimeMachine.cs is a shining example of this), and then I never got around to learning the data well enough to clean the code up and make it work better.

Note that some characters won't be affected by it. It works by stowing away created units in what I called the "Absent" block (this is where the units who leave before the chapter 6 split go to so the game can remember their level and stats). For many characters, if they exist in that block when they would join the party, the game will pull them from there instead of generating them anew. But it doesn't work for every character, and it varies by route. It also adds their original items on top of whatever the randomizer gives them.

This is kind of late and you've likely already figured it out at this point, but assuming you're talking about Enums/Character.cs, it doesn't actually matter what name you use, since those are internal names. The names shown on the editor (assuming they exist) are in Resources/Data/Characters.xml, along with a ton of other stuff. Note that if you add a character to the xml file, make sure you either complete the data or throw enough exception handling around to keep it from breaking.

If either of you ever have questions about the code, feel free to shoot me a PM. I don't check this site all that often, but I get emails when people PM me, and I could also share my Discord info if you use Discord. (This isn't an invitation to everyone and their mom - just people interested in the code.)
Hey thanks! I believe I've gotten it under control, but I just need the data from DeathChaos, Omegablu, and Dylos so that everything works properly. I've gotten the program to read all of the names but I don't want to release it without the data needed, just in case my placeholder data messes with the characters.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My friends decide what I do with my cock