ROM Hack FEFTwiddler - Fire Emblem Fates Save Editor

Bioren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Which of these weapons can be legally obtained?

AneC56p.png

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which of these weapons can be legally obtained?

AneC56p.png
The top 3 are for the Marth, Ike, and Lucina amiibo, respectively. The bottom 3 are the items you can buy from the Weapons Store after you scan in the Marth, Ike, and Lucina amiibo, respectively.

Star Tea

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if there is a way to make this compatible with the 'Gay Fates' hack? I attempted to use it to edit two female characters for an 'S' rank but it was blanked out. Thanks again in advance!

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if there is a way to make this compatible with the 'Gay Fates' hack? I attempted to use it to edit two female characters for an 'S' rank but it was blanked out. Thanks again in advance!
The way the editor is now, it has no support for the Gay Fates hack or any hack that deals with supports. The editor needs to add the support for those hacks, which may or may not happen any time soon because of the creator being busy in real life.

Ningyoplug

Trophies
Website
ningyo.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Italy
If you want to add a support option, you can use the FEF Support Editor instead!

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For future reference, I think this controls voice~
vjU2JQC.jpg

I noticed that 2008 (highlighted) changes the voice based on 200E…
But changing 200E changes your character's entire head model and portrait.

Is there a way to get a male voice on female MU without setting 200E to 00, and also not get shadowbanned?

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed that 2008 (highlighted) changes the voice based on 200E…
But changing 200E changes your character's entire head model and portrait.

Is there a way to get a male voice on female MU without setting 200E to 00, and also not get shadowbanned?
First of all, those addresses are read as 28 and 1E, not 2008 and 200E. Second, a female voice on a male avatar is impossible with save editing as the game uses the byte at 1E (which is your gender, which should be 00 for male and 01 for female but don't quote me on that) to determine what the other customization options represent. Both gender units use the same range of ids (give or take 2, since the genders have small differences in the number of options for certain sections of customization like hair styles) for the customization options. So the middle voice for female would likely be 01, and so would the male middle voice with the only way the game can tell the difference being the gender at 1E.

Reactions: PKBowsy

PKBowsy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
First of all, those addresses are read as 28 and 1E, not 2008 and 200E. Second, a female voice on a male avatar is impossible with save editing as the game uses the byte at 1E (which is your gender, which should be 00 for male and 01 for female but don't quote me on that) to determine what the other customization options represent. Both gender units use the same range of ids (give or take 2, since the genders have small differences in the number of options for certain sections of customization like hair styles) for the customization options. So the middle voice for female would likely be 01, and so would the male middle voice with the only way the game can tell the difference being the gender at 1E.
Darn. So much for having a trap MU :(

Omegablu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I have a trap MU. Male, with female customization. They just sound female is all, which isn't all that bad, honestly.
That isn't possible. Pics please, since any female customization option (besides maybe the little hair accessory) on a male MU is absolutely impossible without modifying the game ROM.

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That isn't possible. Pics please, since any female customization option (besides maybe the little hair accessory) on a male MU is absolutely impossible without modifying the game ROM.
If you change the customization to female, but leave the gender and character bit of MU alone, the MU is still male, but uses all the female customization options. Which is what I did.

FURTHERMORE, using class editing, which I also did, you can give males the body of a female, boobs and all, by giving them a female class.
Giving an opposite gender's class can be done with any character, not just the MU. It will also limit them to only the classes the opposite gender can use.
So making Jacob a maid will limit him to only female classes within the game, even though he's still calculated as a boy for babymaking reasons.

If you don't want to use the customization gender swap method, the male has at least three feminine hairstyles, which if you give him a female class can easily pass him off as a girl, despite the male head costumization.

Soaprman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way the editor is now, it has no support for the Gay Fates hack or any hack that deals with supports. The editor needs to add the support for those hacks, which may or may not happen any time soon because of the creator being busy in real life.

@Star Tea: This response is mostly correct. But to clarify, it's not just that I'm busy. I have no interest in ever adding support for ROM hacks. From a coding perspective, they are different games entirely, no matter how similar they may look to the player. Proper support would require detecting based on only the save data which DLC exists (probably not possible) and which game created the save (definitely not possible without the hack makers writing code in the game to make their presence known within the save), and coding the program around that.

The creators of said hacks are welcome to create their own forks of FEFTwiddler with the support, though. I'm open to talking about how to do that if anyone is up for it.

Last edited by Soaprman,

Omegablu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Star Tea: This response is mostly correct. But to clarify, it's not just that I'm busy. I have no interest in ever adding support for ROM hacks. From a coding perspective, they are different games entirely, no matter how similar they may look to the player. Proper support would require detecting based on only the save data which DLC exists (probably not possible) and which game created the save, and coding the program around that.

The creators of said hacks are welcome to create their own forks of FEFTwiddler with the support, though. I'm open to talking about how to do that if anyone is up for it.
I would like to learn how to do that. I have no coding experience though.

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Missed the text I bold in my initial response…
I dunno if the game will crash or not if you add a hair accessory to a male MU head customization. I'm under the impression that it A) will crash, or B) will ignore the value entirely.

If it does load the accessory for males, that would be very interesting.
---------------------------------------------------------
On the topic of customization, is the face mark for Bond units actually a customization option, or is the face mark ignored by bond unit character IDs, and then they stick the bond unit tattoo on the portrait?

Bioren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the help. I have another question.

Do I need C support (in all characters) to benefit from level 2 statue cap + level 3 statue cap? Or only level 3 is needed?

Last edited by Bioren,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    hazbeans @ hazbeans: or just look at yhe clean version on yt lmao